First time post on here. Figured that if i explained my present preference that perhaps i could receive some helpful feedback with a future purchase. First off, i need a keypad on my device. It's a finger dexterity issue for me, hence why i've been a lifelong BB user. I've had my Q10 for some years now and grown accustomed to the touch screen with it, but it took me a while to warm up to it. So long as i have a keypad i can manage. Next, I'm not an app guy whatsoever. I use my device for calls, texts and limited googling and paypal transactions. I have no desire to keep up with the Joneses with regards to tech. I'm not familiar with Android's operating system at all or the user friendliness of it for what I'd be using it for compared to BB10. A better camera would be nice, however that's not really a priority to me. Improved battery life wouldn't hurt either. So i'm undecided whether to find another BB10 model, which model to go with even if it's another Q10 in better condition than mine or to switch to Android and which model would be the best fit for me.
    01-09-19 01:22 AM
    If you're happy with BB10 and don't want to change from it find a cheap Classic. If you're looking for something else, then you're pretty much left with Android devices in which case you should look at the KEY2 LE (less expensive) or KEY2 (expensive).
    dmlis likes this.
    01-09-19 05:52 AM
    I'd suggest to find Classic and Passport and to compare both. I switched from Q10 to Classic first but then tested Passport extensively and understood that I can go with 3 row keyboard without problem. So my choice after Q10 was Passport SE but I knew other people who preferred Classic.

Now, the only "small" problem would be to find any of those in good condition. And I'd recommend to check battery health before buying.
    01-12-19 02:36 PM
    Any chance a fresh install of the OS and a new battery might do the trick for you.

If I'm not mistaken, barring tiny changes, the Classic has the same internals as the Q10.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    01-12-19 06:56 PM
    I cannot stand my Key2 LE. The buttons are in the worst possible place - right where the fingers on left hand grip it. To help avoid pressing them accidentally, I had to disable two of them, including the down volume which I kept silencing the ringer with, unintentionally.

You still cannot get an Incipio case for it either, as far as I can determine. If you want a soft-grip silicone case, you have to buy it from BlackBerry - about $50.
    Jeremy Hawke likes this.
    01-14-19 02:19 PM
    To consider all the above arguments, as a die hearted Q10 user as you, then my Q10 user experience suggests it's better to refurbish the Q10, given BB 10 OS end of life January 2020.
    harvland likes this.
    01-20-19 04:46 PM
    To consider all the above arguments, as a die hearted Q10 user as you, then my Q10 user experience suggests it's better to refurbish the Q10, given BB 10 OS end of life January 2020.
    I would too.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-20-19 04:48 PM
    With both above quotes, I’m not sure that I’d refurbish the Q10 but instead see if ones available refurbished already or just in better shape than yours. For the next 11 months, Q10 appear to be inexpensive to just purchase outright.
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    01-20-19 07:38 PM
    I switched from the Q10 to a KeyOne. Android takes a bit of getting used to but the change went well. The keyboard is not a lot different. Just the increased size was an adjustment and now I am used to it. I would switch to a K1 or K2.
    03-20-19 09:31 PM
    Sure, and now there's more incentive, given Blackberry's new commitment to go beyond January 2020 with BB 10 OS. Enjoy!
    11-13-19 12:47 PM
    Sure, and now there's more incentive, given Blackberry's new commitment to go beyond January 2020 with BB 10 OS. Enjoy!
    Actually all they promised was not to turn the lights (backbone services) off at the end of the year. BB10 is still EOL at the end of the year, and until they make it official, so is BBW...

One would assume that they'd go more than a month.... but a commitment is a reach.
    11-13-19 01:17 PM
    I would look at how the Playbook has been supported from April 2018 EOL date for guidance. I’d hardly call that support or last time around, even maintenance.
    11-13-19 02:05 PM
    Staying with my Q10 as just found a mint condition one and new battery, also consider a Classic there are some still around in as new condition I have a Classic virtually unused as a spare both bought for about $70 the pair so will keep going with BB10.
    11-14-19 03:38 PM
    Actually all they promised was not to turn the lights (backbone services) off at the end of the year. BB10 is still EOL at the end of the year, and until they make it official, so is BBW...

One would assume that they'd go more than a month.... but a commitment is a reach.
    You seem to have an anti-BB agenda there. I can't imagine why...

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    11-15-19 07:00 AM
    You seem to have an anti-BB agenda there. I can't imagine why...

•<[{ BlackBerry Passport SE }]>•
    Why? Dunt’s part of the Q&A team here. Position is actually pro-BB and putting out factual corrections.
    11-15-19 09:14 AM
    Does anyone know if the extension of support for BlackBerry 10 might get an update to the browser certifications? That's really my only frustration with my Q10. I otherwise love it and have all the apps I need.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-18-19 01:31 PM
    Those who have the knowledge say no. All the dreamers keep on hopping. Logically no. I wish there was no logic on the matter.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-18-19 01:47 PM
    I still use my Q10 every day by dual carrying a cheap Android device as a small tablet for the few apps and other stuff I need at work. I have also set Google's intrusion to a minimum level
    11-18-19 01:51 PM
    Does anyone know if the extension of support for BlackBerry 10 might get an update to the browser certifications? That's really my only frustration with my Q10. I otherwise love it and have all the apps I need.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Regardless of the spin, there’s been no real BB10 extension but just a clarification. The back-end services of BB10 won’t be turned off 12/31/2019 but there’s never been any indication that was truly expected as I know I’ve said for almost two years, we don’t know.

What is known, is there’s nobody around actively BB10 developing. There’s no real money being spent on BB10 so there’s no reason to expect updates to browser certifications. There would have to be incentive.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-18-19 03:23 PM
    Regardless of the spin, there’s been no real BB10 extension but just a clarification. The back-end services of BB10 won’t be turned off 12/31/2019 but there’s never been any indication that was truly expected as I know I’ve said for almost two years, we don’t know.

What is known, is there’s nobody around actively BB10 developing. There’s no real money being spent on BB10 so there’s no reason to expect updates to browser certifications. There would have to be incentive.
    Anyone thinking Chen's got plans for BB10 or hardware in general... needs to watch this interview https://techonomy.com/2019/11/techon...-live-webcast/

From about 45 mins to 65 mins....

I'm sure he'd love to monetize BB10 or Android Secure.... but I don't think he is going to invest anything else into either, without a partner covering the cost.
    11-20-19 09:49 AM