My Priv is starting to show slowness with certain apps although overall it still works fine. But I'm starring to think about a replacement...

Any suggestions considering the size of the screen?

Sad thing cos just yesterday I took pictures with it and came out better than iphone pictures
    01-01-19 08:21 AM
    My Priv is starting to show slowness with certain apps although overall it still works fine. But I'm starring to think about a replacement...

Sad thing cos just yesterday I took pictures with it and came out better than iphone pictures
    Do you want a keyboard ?

KEY2 LE
    01-01-19 09:39 AM
    If you want a PKB and a big beautiful AMOLED display...there is nothing like that, maybe the S8 with a keyboard case.

That's why the Priv² is not the hero we need but the hero we deserve.
    RLeeSimon and nonya10009 like this.
    01-01-19 10:25 AM
    I love my Priv but, it's showing its age.
    Just ordered the Thunder Purple Oneplus 6T.
    nonya10009 likes this.
    01-01-19 12:29 PM
    I just ordered a Nokia 7.1 today to replace my Priv. I was going to get a Sony XA2 or XA2 Ultra, since my wife loves her XA1 Ultra, I do as well, but they don't have VoLTE enabled for T-Mobile. I also wanted to play with Android One. If I don't like it I will return it for the XA2. B&H has the XA2 for $179 and free shipping, but they are waiting for more stock. The XA2 Ultra is $219 from B&H.

I'm hoping to like the Nokia. We shall see. I love my Priv, but it is time. I replaced the batter a while ago which helped immensely, but the button between my volume buttons no longer works, and I cracked a fret between the keys on the PKB. I thought about replacing them, or at least just the button, but decided to simply get a new phone. I'll see if I can adapt. I did have a Z10 so I should be able to get used to typing on glass again.
    nonya10009 likes this.
    01-02-19 06:00 PM
    Just bought the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4Gb 64Gb in UK to replace defunct PRIV. Same specs as Motion but £150 cheaper. Loaded up BlackBerry Hub etc and all works fine. Also upgraded to Pie. Looked at Nokia 7.1 but glass back too much of a fingerprint magnet. Xiaomi screen much better than PRIV for fingerprints. Happy chap!
    PHughes likes this.
    01-03-19 12:54 AM
    Just bought the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4Gb 64Gb in UK to replace defunct PRIV. Same specs as Motion but £150 cheaper. Loaded up BlackBerry Hub etc and all works fine. Also upgraded to Pie. Looked at Nokia 7.1 but glass back too much of a fingerprint magnet. Xiaomi screen much better than PRIV for fingerprints. Happy chap!
    I don't care for the glass back, but not for fingerprints. I think it is dumb to make a device like a mobile phone out of something likely to break when you drop it. Still, after looking at options, I like the 7.1 and wanted to try it. We shall see. If it isn't good, I will return it. I have never returned a phone so far, and I doubt I will this time, but I'm glad B&H has the 30 day return policy. As for fingerprints, I got the Steel color so I doubt I would see them much anyway. Good to hear you're liking the Xiaomi, enjoy.
    01-03-19 05:28 PM
    I think it is dumb to make a device like a mobile phone out of something likely to break when you drop it.
    Welcome to the era of form over function for smartphones.

Zack Nelson (Jerryrigeverything) said multiple times that smartphones are some of the most abused pieces of tech.
    They're constantly being thrown around, coming in and out of pockets, etc...
    And what material have most OEM's decided would be a good fit for said routinely abused devices?

The worst possible one: Glass
    PHughes likes this.
    01-03-19 05:45 PM
    do a factory reset and do not restore the android apps you have... pare it down to the strict minimum... move everything possible to the storage card... set window animations all to 0.5x in developer options... I love the priv and am on my knees to get a Priv² all spiffed up !!
    01-03-19 08:18 PM

Also, put on another camera app to see how it goes. Also, screen size matters a lot... Priv was perfect, KEYᵒⁿᵉ is too small... I mean it...
    01-03-19 08:21 PM
    do a factory reset and do not restore the android apps you have... pare it down to the strict minimum... move everything possible to the storage card... set window animations all to 0.5x in developer options... I love the priv and am on my knees to get a Priv² all spiffed up !!
    I love mine too. I have animations off. There comes a time when you have to move on. I am, though I would prefer to have a Priv2, that's not happening right now though, so it is off to something else, and the Key series is not a good options for my needs, as I need a larger screen. I do love the PKB though, just not at the expense of screen real estate at the moment.
    01-03-19 09:11 PM

I got a Motion. Pix on priv are better. Also sometimes better than my son's iphone. But there are some good pictures with Motion so it's something to consider.

It took such good pictures. Hoping they bring out better cameras.

My other son loves, loves, loves his priv .. even with the red fricking line that runs though it... he won't give it up. So annoying.. I couldn't live with it.
    (The red line that BB was supposed to fix when it was under a year old but they messed up their own paperwork and wouldn't fix it) damn them

He really wants a new one but it's outdated.

I gave him my old phone to use the screen but he doesn't have the money to fix it, at the moment. And he doesn't want to be without it while it gets fix lol ...which can be up to two weeks last time I used BB services.
    01-04-19 03:58 AM
    I got a Motion. Pix on priv are better. Also sometimes better than my son's iphone. But there are some good pictures with Motion so it's something to consider.

It took such good pictures. Hoping they bring out better cameras.

My other son loves, loves, loves his priv .. even with the red fricking line that runs though it... he won't give it up. So annoying.. I couldn't live with it.
    (The red line that BB was supposed to fix when it was under a year old but they messed up their own paperwork and wouldn't fix it) damn them

He really wants a new one but it's outdated.

I gave him my old phone to use the screen but he doesn't have the money to fix it, at the moment. And he doesn't want to be without it while it gets fix lol ...which can be up to two weeks last time I used BB services.
    Can always try to swap out the screen himself using Jerryrigeverything's YouTube tutorial.

Or, just use your Priv instead lol
    towngirl likes this.
    01-04-19 07:17 AM
    Can always try to swap out the screen himself using Jerryrigeverything's YouTube tutorial.

Or, just use your Priv instead lol
    Can't use mine, the port died. Otherwise, I would still be using it.

I will send him the Jerry Rig vid and see if he want's to do it. Good idea. Thanks.
    Last edited by towngirl; 01-04-19 at 08:33 AM.
    01-04-19 07:29 AM

If you want a high res curved display I think your only options are the Galaxy S lineup and the Nokia 8 Sirocco.
    01-04-19 10:14 AM
    If you want a high res curved display I think your only options are the Galaxy S lineup and the Nokia 8 Sirocco.
    Lol what do you mean? Almost every smartphone has a curved OLED display..

But imo, a curved display is terrible.
    01-04-19 02:21 PM
    Xiaomi Max 3
    01-04-19 05:18 PM
    Lol what do you mean? Almost every smartphone has a curved OLED display..

But imo, a curved display is terrible.
    Curved meaning the "edge to edge" display the Priv has, BlackBerry is one of the few OEM's outside of Samsung to use it.
    01-04-19 06:34 PM
    Curved meaning the "edge to edge" display the Priv has, BlackBerry is one of the few OEM's outside of Samsung to use it.
    It's a samsung display that's why.
    01-05-19 06:50 AM
    I don't think I need a physical keyboard really... I might just get a Note or one of the Huawei phones
    01-05-19 10:53 AM
    I don't think I need a physical keyboard really... I might just get a Note or one of the Huawei phones
    Would you consider a Blackberry VKB device?
    01-05-19 11:34 AM
    I got my Nokia 7.1 yesterday, and I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised. It looks great, not that that matters much, it is fast, the display is nice, and the battery gave me over 6 hours yesterday and was only down to 20%. That included updating the phone to Pie, setting it up, installing all my apps from the Play Store, and playing a game a number of times that has been bad about draining my battery on the Priv. Really pleased so far. So far today I am at 2 hours of screen time and am at 81%.

This phone had a lot of negative comments early on, but everything I say negative comments about, works fine on mine.

I really love the Priv, still do in fact, the display on the Priv is outstanding, but the Nokia is so much faster. I miss the capacitive keyboard, but due to app updates, the Priv was having issues running them quickly, and it was getting very tough to deal with. I really wished they would have come out with a Priv 2, but I still have doubts they ever will. Who knows though. The Nokia looks to be a great replacement for me though.
    01-05-19 12:34 PM
    I bought a Pixel 2 XL to replace my Priv. I've had the phone since summer and will have almost 2 more years of updates. Solid performance and great camera.
    01-06-19 01:14 AM
    I bought a Pixel 2 XL to replace my Priv. I've had the phone since summer and will have almost 2 more years of updates. Solid performance and great camera.
    Sadly I will soon have to replace my PRIV. Considering the Pixel or a Samsung Galaxy. I don't know anyone with a Pixel and the reviews are split 50/50.

How is your battery life?
    01-10-19 05:34 PM
    I looked at the S9+ and the Pixel 2XL. I went with the Pixel for the monthly updates guaranteed for 3 years from launch. Battery life has been quite good. I usually get 6 hours of screen time and rarely, if ever, charge through the day. I unplug at 6:30 am and plug back in at 11:30 pm with juice left over.

Sadly I will soon have to replace my PRIV. Considering the Pixel or a Samsung Galaxy. I don't know anyone with a Pixel and the reviews are split 50/50.

How is your battery life?
    mlvlatina likes this.
    01-10-19 06:55 PM
42 12