Yep, unboxed and set up today. I cloned the Keyone on it using the Google backup, and my god, it cloned it down to the Keyone background!

Surprises.
    1) it came with the blue stripe background. I changed that.
    2) it doesn't have any widgets. Is that right? What's going on there? I've got the apps and shortcuts. UPDATE. Restarted the phone. Sorted!
    3) my cloned calendar is not only perfectly cloned but also has my Google calendar colours!!!!!!!! Looks awesome. The Keyone however, doesn't...
    I've checked for beta updates and have none. Is this a new feature?
    4) the back heats up a lot when charging.
    5) phone back is gripper than people say. Unlikely to drop it.
    6) it got an immediate update to... SEPTEMBER 2018. it's mid December...

All in all, very happy with the device. The red is shiny in a Xmas party way! Feels well made. Lighter than the Keyone and easier to type on. All the keys click the same and the PKB is a good upgrade on the Keyone.
    Will have to see about battery life etc, over the next few weeks. Haven't put any SIMs in yet as I'm going to use the Keyone and Motion till Xmas before taking the full plunge.

Can anyone shed any light on the Calendar and widgets?

Plus, ¡pregúntame lo que quieras!
    Last edited by mrsimon; 12-12-18 at 05:30 PM.
    12-11-18 04:37 PM
    Yep, unboxed and set up today. I cloned the Keyone on it using the Google backup, and my god, it cloned it down to the Keyone background!

Surprises.
    1) it came with the blue stripe background. I changed that.
    2) it doesn't have any widgets. Is that right? What's going on there? I've got the apps and shortcuts. UPDATE. Restarted the phone. Sorted!
    3) my cloned calendar is not only perfectly cloned but also has my Google calendar colours!!!!!!!! Looks awesome. The Keyone however, doesn't...
    I've checked for beta updates and have none. Is this a new feature?
    4) the back heats up a lot when charging.
    5) phone back is gripper than people say. Unlikely to drop it.

All in all, very happy with the device. The red is shiny in a Xmas party way! Feels well made. Lighter than the Keyone and easier to type on. All the keys click the same and the PKB is a good upgrade on the Keyone.
    Will have to see about battery life etc, over the next few weeks. Haven't put any SIMs in yet as I'm going to use the Keyone and Motion till Xmas before taking the full plunge.

Can anyone shed any light on the Calendar and widgets?

Plus, ¡pregúntame lo que quieras!
    Congrats on your LE !
    12-11-18 05:31 PM
    thanks!
    UPDATE
    another thing about the keyboard now I have it next to the Keyone is that they are ALMOST identical. To the top fret where the PKB starts they are the same size, but the LE keyboard is very slightly bigger giving that 10% bigger keys figure. The phone is probably 1mm longer. When the keyone is on top, the red outer rim is showing at the top of the phone.

They've just made the keys Matt and 10% bigger and added a speed key. The spacebar is the same as the keyone.
    I still think that the feel of the keys is lower quality. The plastic just feels more ...'plasticky'!! The keyone's keys get a boost from that nice shiny finish, even if it's harder to type on them. And in general, the keyone black seems more premium. The extra weight and the general look and finish just give it that boost over the LE IMHO.

The key2 PKB is larger and looks and feels different with the same LE feel to the keys, but with a larger space key that I don't like personally.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 12-12-18 at 05:26 PM. Reason: update after 24 hours
    12-11-18 05:35 PM
    Could be atomic more gripper then champagne? Or maybe Classic was so great in this that anything with good but not perfect grip is bad for me?
    12-12-18 01:43 AM
    Could be atomic more gripper then champagne? Or maybe Classic was so great in this that anything with good but not perfect grip is bad for me?
    lol why would a color option be grippier than the other ?

How’s your second champagne LE holding up ?
    12-12-18 01:39 PM
    lol why would a color option be grippier than the other ?

How’s your second champagne LE holding up ?
    Because I would not say that it is unlikely to drop it. I catched it twice in air and that is today only. It is not like shiny glass on some other phone from Samsung or Xiaomi, not that bad. But comparing to Classic or Passport, LE is not on the worse way of grip.

My second champagne has two spots on display, seems to be under the glass as I am unable to feel it and clean it (I am trying it from weekend till now). So I will get maybe third one soon . Or they replace me the screen and I will be a few weeks without LE and the service will learn on my phone probably how to disassemble so great .
    I am still fighting with Android (I cannot change LED color of facebook messenger because google leave these settings to apps and devs are not implementing it..) and will be for a long time probably. My fingers are getting used to LE keyboard, I am not pressing higher space so much.
    12-13-18 06:18 AM
    September update, sounds about right, slow updates, but blackberry security even running a September patch is still more secure than other android counterparts
    12-13-18 04:06 PM
    As long as my current build is stable, I ain't in a hurry for updates
    12-13-18 06:00 PM
    got December today
    12-15-18 04:10 PM
    September update, sounds about right, slow updates, but blackberry security even running a September patch is still more secure than other android counterparts
    Show the data to back that statement up please.
    12-15-18 05:04 PM
    I got the December update yesterday which includes new icon pack options.
    12-16-18 09:27 AM
    I got the December update yesterday which includes new icon pack options.
    Anything else aside from those horrendous icons ?
    12-16-18 09:51 AM
    Don't you change the icons? I use OXYGEN wich I love it.
    12-16-18 10:03 AM
    Anything else aside from those horrendous icons ?
    Just security I think.
    I'm sticking to the old Blackberry apps
    12-16-18 01:13 PM
    Show the data to back that statement up please.
    Data for what part of my comment, the slow updates are delayed because phone carriers are slow to approve the update depending on the market, sometimes you don't get an update for a few months, although think it's getting better, when I first got my KEY2 was waiting almost 2 Months, BB do release a Monthly update however.

Blackberry running on Android is as secure as android can be, embedded deep within the core software, or what I have read from the likes of Conite,
    12-16-18 03:54 PM