I lost the charging cable for my classic. I found an old generic cable in the house that seems to be working. Im not sure what this cable was used for in the past. I do have the little blackberry cube so I plugged the cable into the cube. I notice its taking forever to charge the phone. I am 2 hours deep and the phone is only at 20% charged. It was dead when I plugged the cable in. Is there a problem with this cable or is it the battery?
    12-08-18 09:53 AM
    You should try changing to another cable to see what happens... then you’ll know if it’s the battery or the cable!
    12-08-18 09:56 AM
    Yea I don't have any that will fit. May have to buy one on fleaBay
    12-08-18 10:00 AM
    isn’t it micro USB? It should be a pretty common cable
    12-08-18 10:01 AM
    isn’t it micro USB? It should be a pretty common cable
    Is it? I don't know. I thought it was something unique to BB. Perhaps I should use a different wall plug. I wonder if the iPhone wall plug would be better
    12-08-18 10:07 AM
    I lost the charging cable for my classic. I found an old generic cable in the house that seems to be working. Im not sure what this cable was used for in the past. I do have the little blackberry cube so I plugged the cable into the cube. I notice its taking forever to charge the phone. I am 2 hours deep and the phone is only at 20% charged. It was dead when I plugged the cable in. Is there a problem with this cable or is it the battery?
    Not all usb cables will charge equally:
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    12-08-18 10:10 AM
    Can I use the charger from my Key2 with the micro usb? The key2 charger is 3.1 amps
    12-08-18 10:28 AM
    Can I use the charger from my Key2 with the micro usb? The key2 charger is 3.1 amps
    Yes.
    12-08-18 10:31 AM
    Yes.
    3.1 amps isn't too much for that battery? The small wall plug that it comes with is only 850 milliamps
    12-08-18 10:44 AM
    Been charging for about 5 hours. Up to 75% charged.
    12-08-18 12:56 PM
    The Classic, like all BB10 phones, uses the micro-USB connector. In fact, all previous BlackBerry phones used standard connectors. My old Torch 9800 used the micro-USB, and the old Pearl 8100 used the mini-USB.

You can pick up a new one at Office Depot.

BlackBerry did make a higher amp block for the BB10 phones, up to 2 amps. I have a BlackBerry car charger that does 2 amps. I now use it for my Galaxy S8 using the micro-USB to USB-C adapter that came with the S8.
    12-08-18 02:33 PM
    3.1 amps isn't too much for that battery? The small wall plug that it comes with is only 850 milliamps
    No, the Classic (and all modern cellphones, tablets etc) have built in prevention for overcharging etc. You will not damage anything.
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    12-08-18 03:48 PM
    I managed to find another micro cable in the garage and plugged it into the BB charger that came with the phone and managed to fully charge the phone. This evening I did the same thing for the usual over night charge and an error message came on the screen that said "for faster charging use the BB charger that came with your phone" - I never had that message come up before. I am using the original BB charger, just not the original cable. Makes me wonder if these cables are somehow not working correctly
    12-08-18 08:55 PM
    Makes me wonder if these cables are somehow not working correctly
    Well yeah, that's what the video above is all about. Cables can make all the difference.
    12-08-18 10:58 PM
    Personally, I like slower charging. I notice that the battery stays cooler when charging slowly.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-18 12:09 AM
    I had the same problem, when the cellphone is charging, it heats up? if yes
    so wait it drain out all the battery (at your own risk), and then let the phone charging for 8 hours, dont touch it
    sorry for bad english
    12-19-18 02:21 AM
    Try android cable it's also works..

Sent from my Secure BlackBerry Classic
    12-19-18 02:50 AM
    The Classic cable is more than a charging cable it's also used for data-transfer, so you need to get a cable that supports data transfer for link and blend if you use those to programs. I would also look for the correct charging cube. Have a chat with your local used tech sales person (used phones, pcs, parts etc.), here in yyc they're everywhere and they'll sell you the correct cable and cube.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-19 11:50 AM
    The Classic cable is more than a charging cable it's also used for data-transfer, so you need to get a cable that supports data transfer for link and blend if you use those to programs. I would also look for the correct charging cube. Have a chat with your local used tech sales person (used phones, pcs, parts etc.), here in yyc they're everywhere and they'll sell you the correct cable and cube.

Posted via CB10
    A USB cable is a USB cable. If they have the USB logo on it, it can be used for charging and for data. They all have the same connectors and number of wires to do what they need to do.

I've ordered Amazon Basics cables and used them for my Z10, an older S4, and currently for my Amazon Fire HD 8. Data and charging - no problems.
    01-04-19 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD