Have my Classic Blackberry . Phone says I have the latest software. 10.3.3.2137
    BB Link says.. I have version: 1.2.4.28
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro. Version: 1803. OS build. 17134.345

My classic says its connected. But I cant backup.
    There is a error relating to communication.
    I'm using a blackberry USB cable. I've tried all 3 USB ports. Nothing.

Will Link ever work with Windows 10 ?
    widderschynnes likes this.
    11-13-18 06:40 PM
    FYI: BlackBerry Link is not supported on macOS Sierra or Windows 10 https://www.crackberry.com/fyi-black...-or-windows-10

There are some possible workarounds posted within the forums but can't guarantee that it'll work for you.
    11-13-18 06:52 PM

Yes it should, sorry though you'll have to fix whatever the error is.

Partition your hard-drive for a new Windows installation.
    (or just reinstall)

Enable Admin mode for the profile
    Win+R, 'A', type `cmd`,
    Then type `net user administrator /active:yes`
    but no backticks. Might have to relog after, Win+L

Install only the BB10 Device Driver to that installation first '!with' the BB10 not the online installer.

Then use the online installer to update and install Link.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-13-18 at 11:30 PM.
    11-13-18 11:05 PM
    WOW.. thanks Leyra. I'm not sure if I'm that committed. I do have administrative rights on the laptop now... but I'm assuming at this level, that doesn't matter. Instead of going through all that, I think I would rather buy another laptop. Something with windows 8. Don't really like windows 10 anyways... side rant--> Windows10 feels like spyware. The suggestion, ads, tips, Cortana, etc...

Again thanks,
    BD
    11-14-18 07:46 AM
    WOW.. thanks Leyra. I'm not sure if I'm that committed. I do have administrative rights on the laptop now... but I'm assuming at this level, that doesn't matter. Instead of going through all that, I think I would rather buy another laptop. Something with windows 8. Don't really like windows 10 anyways... side rant--> Windows10 feels like spyware. The suggestion, ads, tips, Cortana, etc...

Again thanks,
    BD
    Little boredom, also have done it a few times on a few computers. Offline fresh everything works everytime. Maybe clean the phone up, go through everything and clear out things that don't matter and if you need to save something use evernote or compile it all yourself.

I like win10 but not the hrs of disabling features I'll never in my life use. That does really suck.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-14-18 at 11:21 AM.
    bbfanfan and widderschynnes like this.
    11-14-18 09:03 AM

Again thanks,
    BD
    Just want to mention it's not hard to turn off al the data collection/Cortana junk in Windows 10. Plenty of documentation online about how to do it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-14-18 11:44 AM

Try D'Arcy's Tools. Works fine for me on Win 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 09:57 PM

Again thanks,
    BD
    Yep. Windows 10 does suck. I like windows 7 much better which works well with Link.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 10:23 PM

Again thanks,
    BD
    Hey Classic,

Leyra is awesome but there may also be other ways around this. I'd hate to have you go back to Windows 8 unless you really really want to because of this, and I have Link working with no problem on Windows 10.

May I ask whether you upgraded from Win 7/8 or whether this was a new computer with 10 pre-installed?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 11:01 PM
    Laptop came with WIN10.
    11-15-18 11:17 PM
    Laptop came with WIN10.
    And the Classic says it's connected in BB Device Manager but Link doesn't recognize it eh?

There are things you can do to clean uninstall Link (a program named Revo Uninstaller is very helpful) but have you tried Sachesi? It's essentially a Link alternative that is quite stable under Windows 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-18 11:20 PM