Cmon now
    Ineed a proper app to readout all
    My
    Cards
    Idd pass cc debit

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 12:11 PM
    That's never happening for BB10. BB once had a kind of workaround solution in Canada, but even that is no longer supported. Banks aren't interested in working with BB on an EOL platform with less than 1M users worldwide, which means maybe 100 users or less on average for a given bank.

You won't find such support on any other niche platforms either. Banks support iOS and Android.
    10-23-18 01:16 PM
    Hey, just be happy there is an hdmi and aux port.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 01:23 PM
    That's never happening for BB10. BB once had a kind of workaround solution in Canada, but even that is no longer supported. Banks aren't interested in working with BB on an EOL platform with less than 1M users worldwide, which means maybe 100 users or less on average for a given bank.

You won't find such support on any other niche platforms either. Banks support iOS and Android.
    Oh, I don't know. BB10 does have NFC support. Perhaps someone could adapt a third-party device.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-18 11:24 PM
    You think BANKS are going to allow financial transactions to occur via a non-secure, non-approved third-party device?

It took Google and Apple literally years of working with banks to get their NFC payments approved, and required a bunch of security upgrades - that's why all the banking apps now require Android 4.4 or above, BTW - and that's why no other platform has mobile payments.

Banks are very conservative and very risk-averse, because they're a massive target of theft and fraud. And these rules have to be agreed upon by big associations of banks and also of multiple governments. Access is strictly held. This isn't like hacking together a flashlight app.
    john_v likes this.
    10-23-18 11:48 PM
    You think BANKS are going to allow financial transactions to occur via a non-secure, non-approved third-party device?

It took Google and Apple literally years of working with banks to get their NFC payments approved, and required a bunch of security upgrades - that's why all the banking apps now require Android 4.4 or above, BTW - and that's why no other platform has mobile payments

Banks are very conservative and very risk-averse, because they're a massive target of theft and fraud. And these rules have to be agreed upon by big associations of banks and also of multiple governments. Access is strictly held. This isn't like hacking together a flashlight app.
    As far as banks allowing payments via a non-secure device, well...they allow Android payments, so...

But I would say that many things are possible, particularly if the bank isn't aware it's a BB10 device using the third-party NFC app or device.

What you're referring to regarding "associations of banks and governments," by the way, are compliance regulations, which refer to compliance standards, not specific OSes or versions. I suspect you are confusing compliance, which is a series of legal regulations with technical elements, with technical feasibility.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 01:25 AM
    As far as banks allowing payments via a non-secure device, well...they allow Android payments, so...

But I would say that many things are possible, particularly if the bank isn't aware it's a BB10 device using the third-party NFC app or device.

What you're referring to regarding "associations of banks and governments," by the way, are compliance regulations, which refer to compliance standards, not specific OSes or versions. I suspect you are confusing compliance, which is a series of legal regulations with technical elements, with technical feasibility.

Posted via CB10
    Cool! Someone needs to develop this though and if it's not you I don't see it happening! But if you do develop it I'd be happy to beta test!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 02:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I believe the problem between 4.3 and 4.4 had some type of security protocol issues that 4.3 left open. I believe the specific issues were related to NFC. For the ART 4.3 capabilities to access institution systems, access to NFC is blocked as requirement. It’s the reason why ART 4.4 became the defacto minimus standard for NFC enabled accounts...
    10-24-18 07:54 AM
    I believe the problem between 4.3 and 4.4 had some type of security protocol issues that 4.3 left open. I believe the specific issues were related to NFC. For the ART 4.3 capabilities to access institution systems, access to NFC is blocked as requirement. It’s the reason why ART 4.4 became the defacto minimus standard for NFC enabled accounts...
    Was this regarding kerberos?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 12:23 PM
    While that may affect the ability of Android apps to run on BB10 devices, it would have no bearing on BB10's own native ability to meet the required regulatory compliance standards.
    10-24-18 08:00 PM
    While that may affect the ability of Android apps to run on BB10 devices, it would have no bearing on BB10's own native ability to meet the required regulatory compliance standards.
    Where might somebody look to meet those standards?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 08:31 PM
    Where might somebody look to meet those standards?

Posted via CB10
    You would have to check the regulatory body or set of standards with which you are looking to comply. Those vary between countries and other governmental entities like the EU, so it depends on which ones you're trying to meet. Checking the Securities and Exchange Commission would be a good place to start for U.S.-based regulations, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for some bank-specific ones.
    10-24-18 08:35 PM
    You would have to check the regulatory body or set of standards with which you are looking to comply. Those vary between countries and other governmental entities like the EU, so it depends on which ones you're trying to meet. Checking the Securities and Exchange Commission would be a good place to start for U.S.-based regulations, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for some bank-specific ones.
    I see, vague but still helpful. I dont think it's worth anyones time as the work involved almost contradicts the freedoms in the first place.
    With architecture and activity.
    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...eless_Networks

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 10-25-18 at 06:00 AM.
    10-24-18 09:47 PM
    I see vague, but still helpful. I dont its worth anyones time as the work involved almost contradicts the freedoms in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure about contradicting freedoms, but it would certainly be an undertaking. My original comment was simply that it could be done.
    10-24-18 09:57 PM
    Just carry cash.
    And lots of it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-18 10:10 PM
    Cmon now
    Ineed a proper app to readout all
    My
    Cards
    Idd pass cc debit

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a problem with your spacebar?
    10-25-18 12:13 AM
    Do you have a problem with your spacebar?
    Noticed that too, my explanation (based on the content) was: enthusiastic first time bb10 user with minimal experience on pkb - I'd guess the spacebar is fine!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-18 02:21 AM