I am really enjoying my new priv but am frustrated about a couple features.
    On my Q5, when I placed the phone in silent mode, I could still get blinking Led light when receiving a text or call which I thought was great but with the priv, placing in silent mode has no blinking light when relieving text or call.
    I tried every setting that I can think of with no luck. Can anybody help me out?

Also, my Q5 would vibrate as well as sound when receiving a text. If I turn the ring volume all the way down, it changes over to vibrate but if it turn it up, I loose the vibrate so it appears I can't have both.
    Am I doing something wrong!?

Thanks
    Roland
    10-20-18 08:45 PM
    On my Q5, when I placed the phone in silent mode, I could still get blinking Led light when receiving a text or call which I thought was great but with the priv, placing in silent mode has no blinking light when relieving text or call.
    I tried every setting that I can think of with no luck. Can anybody help me out?

Also, my Q5 would vibrate as well as sound when receiving a text. If I turn the ring volume all the way down, it changes over to vibrate but if it turn it up, I loose the vibrate so it appears I can't have both.

Thanks
    Roland
    Silent mode should still have the blinking light on any BBAndroid device. Make sure "notification light" is turned ON in Settings -> Sound
    10-21-18 07:23 AM
    Notification light is on in my settings but no blink when my phone is locked and on silent. It blinks fine when only locked but no blink when locked and silent.

Still not having any luck with the vibrate issue either.
    Anybody else have this problem?
    10-21-18 07:30 AM

Thanks
    Roland
    Are you placing it in Do not disturb mode rather then silent? To toggle between, sound, silent or vibrate, simple click click volume up or down, you will see the ringer icon, click on in in the top left to toggle between the 3.
    10-21-18 08:48 AM
    OK that works for me. Didn't realize I could touch toggle on the top of screen like that!
    I guess silence on the priv is not exactly the same as the Q5. My Q5 does not have a do not disturb setting. It's called silent mode and still gave me the blinking Led notification.

Now if I can figure out why I have no vibrate when receiving a text that would be great. And I already checked to make sure that vibrate is on in the text message App.
    10-21-18 11:58 AM
    OK that works for me. Didn't realize I could touch toggle on the top of screen like that!
    I guess silence on the priv is not exactly the same as the Q5. My Q5 does not have a do not disturb setting. It's called silent mode and still gave me the blinking Led notification.

Now if I can figure out why I have no vibrate when receiving a text that would be great. And I already checked to make sure that vibrate is on in the text message App.
    If you put it on silent then it won't vibrate. You'll need to be on vibrate.
    10-21-18 03:26 PM
    So then the Priv does not allow me to receive a text with both sound and vibrate on at the same time?

When I received a text on my Q5, I could have both sound And vibrate on at the same time.
    10-21-18 08:22 PM
    So then the Priv does not allow me to receive a text with both sound and vibrate on at the same time?

When I received a text on my Q5, I could have both sound And vibrate on at the same time.
    Putting the device in power saving mode will stop all vibrations besides when receiving phone calls
    10-22-18 01:07 AM

If you have sound on then yes it should give a sound and vibrate.
    10-22-18 07:38 AM
    I don't have power saver mode on
    10-22-18 12:14 PM
    I have sound on but it won't sound and vibrate when receiving at text. It only let's me choose one or the other
    10-22-18 12:16 PM
    I have sound on but it won't sound and vibrate when receiving at text. It only let's me choose one or the other
    Which text app are you using?
    10-22-18 01:22 PM
    I'm using default app
    10-22-18 02:25 PM
    I'm using default app
    Hmm. Not sure. I don't use the default app.
    10-22-18 06:12 PM
    Which text app you using?
    10-23-18 08:38 AM
    Unfortunately, notifications are a real pain on Android coming from BB10.
    10-23-18 08:45 AM
    Which text app you using?
    I use mood messenger and have used textra in the past. Both are good apps.
    10-23-18 08:48 AM