Had no idea this was around until today and the pictures are awesome. Everything about it looks good. They just need to fix the damn night pics

Portrait mode is awesome-1003.jpg
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 10-15-18 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Rotate photo
    Vistaus and Frank Costanza like this.
    10-13-18 11:23 PM
    guess crackberry app is just gonna rotate the pic for whatever reason
    10-13-18 11:26 PM
    I am glad to see this. I have the KEYone Black Limited Edition and love it. zero problems. My new job is giving me a generous phone allowance, so I am thinking of upgrading to the KEY2. I do use my phone a lot while I am on the go when my SLR is unavailable.
    10-14-18 09:51 AM
    Here is the thing - portrait mode on the Key2 is not, objectively, great compared to other flagship phones - I'm not going to suggest that it's in the same ballpark.

However, there is a certain charm to the Key2's portrait mode that I really enjoy - I like how they look, even with their imperfections, because they impart almost a mild tiltshift effect to the photos.

These are two recent ones I took, under worst case scenarios (dense, cluttered background, iffy lighting, and both these vehicles were in motion)

Don't these photos just make you want to pick these toy jeeps up and put them in your pocket

-Scott

Portrait mode is awesome-img_20180915_1334154.jpg
    Portrait mode is awesome-img_20180915_1505230.jpg
    10-14-18 09:52 AM
    Now that you have taken the pictures in portrait mode, go to the image info and look at the number of pixels. They go from 12 to 3.6 million pixels. We can only print a 10X15 with this. No more than that. Bad.
    10-14-18 02:11 PM
    Ah, there's one of the haters I was waiting for. Luckily I had enough popcorn to make it through the waiting period.

Edit: just for the record, because *some* of you didn't get it: this post is a joke.
    I'm just saying that portrait mode trims a lot of pixels. We go from 12 million to 3.6 million pixels. TCL made this choice and the quality of the photo is good but it's a shame to have only a 3.6 million pixel image. So for me, it's not a good way to go.

Are you able to understand what I'm saying? That is the question.
    10-15-18 09:55 AM
    I'm just saying that portrait mode trims a lot of pixels. We go from 12 million to 3.6 million pixels. TCL made this choice and the quality of the photo is good but it's a shame to have only a 3.6 million pixel image. So for me, it's not a good way to go.

Naturally you're going to lose pixel count, it's decreasing resolution for a portion of the frame. It'll happen with any device using portrait mode.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-15-18 11:01 AM

hmm, if one was consistently printing >10x15 photos everyday I'd be surprised they would be utilizing their blackberry as their main mode of picture taking. I definitely wouldn't hire them for my wedding
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-17-18 05:15 AM
    hmm, if one was consistently printing >10x15 photos everyday I'd be surprised they would be utilizing their blackberry as their main mode of picture taking. I definitely wouldn't hire them for my wedding
    I'm pretty sure that no professional photographer is gonna film a wedding with their BlackBerry, or any smartphone for that matter. DSLR or no deal lol
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-17-18 07:03 AM