I got a new (to me) passport, did Cobalt's methods for play store and android apps, but the phone doesn't last 5hrs on a 100% battery. And that's IDLE with no SIM in it!

Any ideas?
    09-19-18 04:55 PM
    What’s the main drainers in the battery stats?

See this is why we don’t suggest people get BB10 device because even when you make the Android solutions work, they eat up more battery than native BB10 apps.

Now, you could always try a factory reset (or reload OS) and see if that solves the battery lasts as it should, without installing play store or anything.

Then, get apk’s one by one from apkpure or apkmirror as you need them and see if the battery is as good as before. Repeat the process until you have most Android apps that you need. After that, if you want to take a chance with the Play store again, go for it. You can always uninstall the 4 apk’s anyway
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-19-18 05:09 PM
    Rapid battery drain on BB10 can usually be attributed to a "rogue" Android app that is hogging resources.

When troubleshooting this issue on my BB10 devices, I would delete one Android app at a time, wait a while, then check the battery and CPU monitor to see if it made any difference.

Sometimes deleting and reinstalling the app would help. But there are some apps that, no matter what I did, they drained the battery. In that case it's either deal with the poor battery life or do without the app.

That's BB10 for you.
    09-19-18 05:16 PM
    See this is why we don’t suggest people get BB10 device because even when you make the Android solutions work, they eat up more battery than native BB10 apps.
    Not only that, but the device may be nearly 4 years old by now. New battery required perhaps. Check the battery condition.
    09-19-18 05:17 PM
    Avoiding android apks and instead embracing the out of the box BB10 features can really extend how long the device stays smooth.

Posted via Z10
    09-19-18 05:30 PM
    Not only that, but the device may be nearly 4 years old by now. New battery required perhaps. Check the battery condition.
    This, first and foremost, especially if it wasn't new in box.

Avoiding android apks and embracing the out of the box BB10 features can really extend how long the device stays smooth.

Posted via Z10
    Not using it extends battery life, got it.
    09-19-18 05:34 PM
    This, first and foremost, especially if it wasn't new in box.

I just said android apps ruin it. Every damn time. Soo... Your call man. Other than finances it will cover you.

Posted via Z10
    09-19-18 05:39 PM
    I got a new (to me) passport, did Cobalt's methods for play store and android apps, but the phone doesn't last 5hrs on a 100% battery. And that's IDLE with no SIM in it!

Any ideas?
    Go to "settings","app manager" then go to ,"device monitor", and then "cpu" and close any apps that is using a lot of resources...
    09-19-18 06:19 PM
    I had the same happen to me. "Android player" was killing the battery. I wiped the phone and started over. I have installed Cobalt's files but no Android apps just yet except Spotify from the Amazon Store. So far the phone is absolutely fine. As suggested, I'll then install apps one by one, and assess the impact. Good luck!
    09-19-18 06:33 PM
    I had the same happen to me. "Android player" was killing the battery. I wiped the phone and started over. I have installed Cobalt's files but no Android apps just yet except Spotify from the Amazon Store. So far the phone is absolutely fine. As suggested, I'll then install apps one by one, and assess the impact. Good luck!
    Thanks. It's exactly Android Player and Dropbox!
    Which Cobalt's file have you installed, all of them?
    09-19-18 06:41 PM
    Is there a way to check the battery's health, like wear percentage?
    09-19-18 06:42 PM
    I won't try Dropxbox anymore, I'm sticking to Basket instead. I just need to figure out how to get my professional files in addition to my personal ones.
    I installed the four standard files.
    09-19-18 06:52 PM
    I won't try Dropxbox anymore, I'm sticking to Basket instead. I just need to figure out to get my professional files in addition to my personal ones.
    I installed the four standard files.
    Those 4?
    Google Account Manager
    Blackberry Google ID 2.8
    Google Play Services 11.3.02
    Google Play Games 5.2.25

Yeah, I was questioning 3rd party apps, but I'll get Basket a try.
    09-19-18 06:54 PM
    I strongly recommend you watch the video that is in the description of the app when you install Basket, it's a bit tricky at first. :-)
    09-19-18 06:56 PM
    Yes, although how accurate they are is questionable. There are apps in BBW such as BBVE that give you the condition rating but not in a %. That app will warn you if your battery is in good or poor shape. There may be others in BBW but you will have to check. Battery Guru used to give a % but not sure if it is still available as it was a paid app.
    09-19-18 07:04 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908036

This one will show you a percentage. You may have to put it charging to see the percentage.
    09-19-18 09:47 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908036

This one will show you a percentage. You may have to put it charging to see the percentage.
    Really? This is why I state in my post above if you can trust these apps. According to this app my 4 year old Passport has a battery with 100% battery health. I doubt that very much.
    09-19-18 10:04 PM
    Really? This is why I state in my post above if you can trust these apps. According to this app my 4 year old Passport has a battery with 100% battery health. I doubt that very much.
    Well, I just said it will give you a percentage, I didn't comment about its accuracy

I think what BBVE does is infer that same percentage and then report the status according to some predefined threshold, e.g., if above 80% it gives green (just a guess).

Basically these apps try to read the current capacity in the battery and compare it with capacity it had from factory.

A faulty (or just uncalibrated) battery may also lead to a erroneous reading of the current capacity.
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-19-18 10:25 PM
    No one said to not use it. What Leyra said checks out for me too -- there's a marked difference between using the phone w/ Android apps vs. using phone without. Note that in both cases, phone usage occurs.
    09-20-18 01:00 PM
    Also keep in mind that a newly installed device needs to "settle in" for a while. Means scanning your data / mail / contacts / etc. for global search. This affects the battery as well.
    09-20-18 01:12 PM
    Changing the battery isn't difficult

Posted via CB10
    09-20-18 01:28 PM
    Wear percentage... so the phone is used? Might be time for a battery change.

Just check BlackBerry World and look for ratings on Battery Utilities... Battery Guru was what I used too, but it was a paid app. Last time I look there were several "developers" with a Battery Guru app.

I'd probable start over and reload the OS with the latest OS. Setup the phone with the basics and then let it settle in a few hours. Charge it and then see how it does with just some emails and light browsing and picture taking. If all looks good, move on to Cobalt's Google Play Store and let that settle in... if all looks good I'd add apps but monitor each one.

Usually Device Monitor is enough to tell you when you have an issue with an app.
    09-20-18 01:49 PM
  23. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Changing the battery isn't difficult

Posted via CB10
    no, it is easy,
    just pull the glue slowly
    and you will take it easily
    pull the battry conenctor too

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-20-18 11:43 PM
    When it's new it takes a few days for all updates to settle, after that mine lasted for three days. There are specific android apps that can drain the battery, in my case it was Kindle and Amazon.
    09-21-18 10:49 AM
    My Passport's battery lasts normally about three days but if phone's memorycard has more than about 1000-1300 pics and videos starts the phone drain the battery really fast. With too full memorycard (mines only 50% full) battery lasts only about 5-12hrs. If you have memory card, then try to remove some videos/pics or remove whole the card and restart the phone.
    09-21-18 11:11 AM
34 12