Proud owner of a KEYone Black Edition. However I'm stuck at the June security patch level. Didn't BlackBerry promise _monthly_ security updates? Is anyone else seeing new security updates?

Also, no sign of Oreo so far, but I guess I could live with that if the security patches kept rolling in.
    09-11-18 05:01 PM
    What PRD number do you have?

Not all KEYone are equal.
    09-12-18 07:30 AM
    Proud owner of a KEYone Black Edition. However I'm stuck at the June security patch level. Didn't BlackBerry promise _monthly_ security updates? Is anyone else seeing new security updates?

Also, no sign of Oreo so far, but I guess I could live with that if the security patches kept rolling in.
    Here the same on BB KeyOne SE BBB 100-2 unlocked (Germany Vodafone). Security patch level June5th, Android 7.1.1
    09-12-18 08:16 AM
    I was stuck on June but I got the Oreo update in india today, and the security patch changed to September
    Guess you should just wait for Oreo
    09-12-18 08:39 AM
    AT&T branded KeyOne still on July.
    09-12-18 10:46 AM
    Yes except they don't do they. Regardless of geographical location or carrier varient.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-18 12:04 PM
    Still on ABA693 here UK BE 100-2.

Maybe we'll get it by Christmas.
    09-12-18 12:19 PM
    You all need to accept the BlackBerry Mobile monthly updates is a lie.

Yes, you will get updates, yes you have (in terms of the chip set security) secure devices (no root), but please understand you don't own either a Pixel device or a device that is part of th Android One programme. You will get updates but they will not not be prompt.

It is getting so boring to read all of these update posts, yes, you were promised this. Accept isn't happening.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-18 01:11 PM
    Still on ABA693 here UK BE 100-2.

Maybe we'll get it by Christmas.
    Christmas 2018 ?
    EdMinghuang likes this.
    09-12-18 01:14 PM
    Well I'll crap in one hand and wish in the other... we'll see which fills up first!
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-12-18 04:49 PM
    Please keep in mind that the obligation that BBMo / TCL have to updates is one major OS update (that would be Oreo) and at least one security update every 90 days (average across all K1 models).

Also know that BBMo's "under the hood" tweaks to Android is what make it secure.
    09-12-18 04:54 PM
    I'd just go with autoloaders + no wipe option. no point in waiting for OTA releases, IMHO...
    09-13-18 03:21 AM
    Please keep in mind that the obligation that BBMo / TCL have to updates is one major OS update (that would be Oreo) and at least one security update every 90 days (average across all K1 models).

Also know that BBMo's "under the hood" tweaks to Android is what make it secure.
    Then can we sue it for false advertisement? :-).

It specifically said, best-in-class monthly update, unless it doesn't mean "monthly" at all. Otherwise it should say "quarterly".
    anon(10218918) and mueslix like this.
    09-13-18 03:50 AM

It specifically said, best-in-class monthly update, unless it doesn't mean "monthly" at all. Otherwise it should say "quarterly".
    They'll probably respond that by "class" they mean "PKB phones from mediocre Chinese OEMs".
    09-13-18 11:33 AM
    LOL these comments still - that zero-day patching was a broken promise once they launched the DTEK devices and the PRIV suddenly stopped getting the monthly patches on time...
    09-13-18 11:44 AM

What does zero-day patching mean...oh right, it means as soon as the vulnerability is revealed and patched, they push it out same day...

Don't be surprised if this sentence is already removed/taken down - but those of us who've been here a while will remember.

It's just a shell of what it once was sadly.
    09-13-18 11:46 AM
    if you have a factory unlocked device you will more than likely get monthly updates. but if you bought your phone from a carrier you are at their mercy unfortunately.
    09-13-18 12:35 PM

Depends where the brackets are.

(Best in class monthly) updates.
    or
    Best in class (monthly updates).

I must say that, apart from the regular stubborn variants, updates are pretty fantastic overall. And yes, the Oreo fly-in-the-ointment issue this summer has been a blip.
    09-13-18 12:46 PM
    Depends where the brackets are.

(Best in class monthly) updates.
    or
    Best in class (monthly updates).

I must say that, apart from the regular stubborn variants, updates are pretty fantastic overall. And yes, the Oreo fly-in-the-ointment issue this summer has been a blip.
    I was wondering when you'd show up in this thread. The "blip" has not just occurred this summer. The Verizon K1 didn't receive updates for months right after launch.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-13-18 01:24 PM
    I was wondering when you'd show up in this thread. The "blip" has not just occurred this summer. The Verizon K1 didn't receive updates for months right after launch.
    That would be on Verizon.

They don't need a special build, they just have to allow it.

That said, they have pushed 12 builds in the last 15 months.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    09-13-18 01:51 PM
    That would be on Verizon.

They don't need a special build, they just have to allow it.

That said, they have pushed 12 builds in the last 15 months.
    Thanks for reminding me that it's never BlackBerry or TCL's fault.

I do really mean this sincerely: If they are not paying you already, you should ask them to. I'm not trolling, I mean that seriously. You must devote a ton of hours here.
    terminatorx, Bbfan1614 and ck2nb like this.
    09-13-18 05:47 PM

I do really mean this sincerely: If they are not paying you already, you should ask them to. I'm not trolling, I mean that seriously. You must devote a ton of hours here.
    He's just been pointing out facts - plain and simple. Not Conite's problem people don't get it right upon being told the first, the second, heck even the twentieth time...

That said, if a company builds the core of its device/software production and its marketing around security (and thus monthly/quarterly security patches) it should also explain how it all might actually end up in real life conditions (aka with real world carriers being in control...). If not - you're looking for some backfire there which shouldn't be a position ANY company connecting itself to anything BlackBerry should be in...after all those historically broken promises (even though given by completely different legal entities regarding a completely different platform).
    Last edited by shandy-R2D2; 09-13-18 at 06:29 PM.
    Midnightflyer and FF22 like this.
    09-13-18 06:05 PM
    He's just been pointing out facts - plain and simple. Not Conite's problem people don't get it right upon being told the first, the second, heck even the twentieth time...
    His "facts" always give BlackBerry and TCL the benefit of the doubt and rarely cite a verifiable source.
    Fred Wu and Grabber5.0 like this.
    09-13-18 06:12 PM
    His "facts" always give BlackBerry and TCL the benefit of the doubt and rarely cite a verifiable source.
    What is there to cite as a verifiable source? That carriers are in control of rolling out updates (or not) to devices whose PRD's were "assigned" to them? Sorry but the sun is a star and the planet Earth is round (more or less). Does one also always have to back these claims with "verifiable sources" or can we just agree it's a fact obvious enough?
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    09-13-18 06:18 PM
    That's not what I wrote. My post is accurate and specific.
    Midnightflyer and Sigewif like this.
    09-13-18 07:37 PM
256 123 ...