Hi there, at first, please excuse my not so well english, since it isn't my mother tongue (i'm german).

I tried and searched everywhere but couldn't find a solution for my specific problem. It all started, i think, when my Priv suddenly went into pretending beeing freshly wiped when I took it out of my pocket, everything was like if you reset the phone. I rebootet and came gladly back to my system with everything installed. Then it froze every few minutes after reboot, somtimes it took longer to crash, so I was able to backup most of my stuff. After I wiped the phone it worked okayish until I had those freezes. When it does that, it freezes the screen for a few seconds, goes black and the system finally comes back with prompting me to unlock the phone. That's one of the two big problems I have right now with my priv. The second one is, that twice or three times a day the screen keeps staying black when I try to turn the screen on. The only thing I'm able to get on the screen visably is the prompt of either rebooting or shutting down the phone when I press and hold the power button while the screen is "on". I wiped everything several times even used the autoloader file for my region. After using the autoloader it worked really fine for a day or so, but then started having those freezes and black screens again. Is it dead, Jim?
    08-15-18 08:06 AM
    does it happen with screen up or down?
    08-15-18 10:41 AM
    does it happen with screen up or down?
    Down.
    08-15-18 12:19 PM
    Any ideas? Someone?
    08-16-18 05:46 PM
    I have the same issue and I've had the garbage Priv since October. Tried everything, even called support. But nothing has worked. I ended up switching back to my BlackBerry Classic in April. My suggestion- get a new or different phone. Sorry my friend, I'm a true BlackBerry lover but the Priv is awful.
    08-16-18 07:50 PM
    Thanks for you answer. So I have to put this thing down, that's sad, because I really really loved it, when it worked. Getting a normal smartphone without keys now and waiting for a Priv 2.
    08-19-18 11:59 AM
    Getting a normal smartphone without keys now and waiting for a Priv 2.
    You'll wait a long time for a Priv 2 IMO. Pretty sure there won't be one.
    08-19-18 02:07 PM
    Thanks for you answer. So I have to put this thing down, that's sad, because I really really loved it, when it worked. Getting a normal smartphone without keys now and waiting for a Priv 2.
    If you value the keyboard, go for a KEYone/KEY2/LE
    08-19-18 03:40 PM
    I liked the PRIV very much. I have some friends who are using them and they are terrific. As for my own PRIV, after about two years it one day got very overheated. The battery swelled up to the point where it cracked the case and bent the circuit board inside!

At the time I change the phone for a KeyOne. Very happy so-far. I also have a Motion. Both are terrific phones. If you liked the PRIV you will like the new version to replace the KeyOne. It is the Key2. Very good phone!
    08-19-18 08:36 PM
    I liked the PRIV very much. I have some friends who are using them and they are terrific. As for my own PRIV, after about two years it one day got very overheated. The battery swelled up to the point where it cracked the case and bent the circuit board inside!

At the time I change the phone for a KeyOne. Very happy so-far. I also have a Motion. Both are terrific phones. If you liked the PRIV you will like the new version to replace the KeyOne. It is the Key2. Very good phone!
    Congrats on your KEYone. You could buy a new OEM battery for that Priv though, and give it a new life.

I just swapped it on mine yesterday, pretty damn easy.
    08-20-18 05:00 AM
    I thought of the new battery. My problem was the battery expanded in size or bloated up, and cracked the case and the circuit board in the phone was bending. The battery severely overheated. I sent the phone for service because of what I saw. I did not have the time to take the phone apart myself. For sure I would need a new case for the phone. The phone was so warped out of shape, it was difficult to slide out the keyboard.

Personally, I liked the PRIV more than the new one, because it had a bigger screen with a keyboard. As for speed and computing power the KeyOne is ahead of the PRIV, but since I am not a game player this performance difference was something I did not notice.
    08-20-18 05:40 AM
    I thought of the new battery. My problem was the battery expanded in size or bloated up, and cracked the case and the circuit board in the phone was bending. The battery severely overheated. I sent the phone for service because of what I saw. I did not have the time to take the phone apart myself. For sure I would need a new case for the phone. The phone was so warped out of shape, it was difficult to slide out the keyboard.

Personally, I liked the PRIV more than the new one, because it had a bigger screen with a keyboard. As for speed and computing power the KeyOne is ahead of the PRIV, but since I am not a game player this performance difference was something I did not notice.
    Ah I see. Funny lol I'm currently selling precisely those parts, a Priv battery and a back panel...but I'm in Paris
    08-20-18 05:56 AM
    If you value the keyboard, go for a KEYone/KEY2/LE
    I would love to buy a key2 but not at the current pricetag.
    08-20-18 02:16 PM
    I would love to buy a key2 but not at the current pricetag.
    What's your max budget?
    08-20-18 03:32 PM
    What's your max budget?
    Not enough to buy a Keyone BE
    08-21-18 02:30 PM
    Not enough to buy a Keyone BE
    You could go for a used KEYone SE then
    08-22-18 06:41 AM
    You could go for a used KEYone SE then
    Nah, but thanks. I ordered a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. When there's a good deal for a BE or Key2 I'll be there.
    08-29-18 01:27 PM