For the third time in 3 days, I have purchased a security camera, with motion detection, that is supposed to notify you by smartphone when someone enters the room so that you can monitor your home when away.

Each camera I have tried has a phone app for iPhones and Androids which you must download. I downloaded the android versions from 1 Mobile where you can get android apps that work on a BB10. Or, at least that used to be the case. In all three security camera cases, the downloaded app fails to work at some point and I have had to take the camera back for a refund.

I am tired of buying security cameras without knowing if their respective android apps will work on my BB10.

Does anyone know of a security camera, with motion detection, whose app will work on a BB10?
    08-13-18 03:09 PM
    The apps on 1Mobile don't necc. 'work on BlackBerry 10'.. they're just APK files extracted from Google Play. Chances are, some the apps you downloaded would have worked if you had of patched them. - https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...rvices-914930/, which likely going to be required for any reputable camera system. At this point, you'd be better off just buying a cheap Android phone to use with your system because the BlackBerry Android Runtime isn't going to get any better, it's just going to get worse.
    howarmat and wootendw like this.
    08-13-18 03:21 PM
    Hey wootendw...feel free to PM me if you need help with the process Bla1ze outlined. We can test this (with your current camera if you haven't already taken it back) and find something that works for you with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-18 07:17 PM
    Hey, you could with a python web server running on your PC, in Box or OneDrive.

If you want I can run you through the steps, or just check out youtube. You'll need a shell on your device like Term48 or BGshell Plus.

Camera shouldnt really matter, and the hardware is suppose to be self healing, easy with it and battery is all that should likely fail.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-02-18 at 12:51 AM.
    08-14-18 03:12 AM