Hey folks! I am thinking of ditching my smartphone and get myself a BB Classic. I am just tired of all meaningless apps and social media content. I would want to stick to the basics, mainly text messages, phone calls, emails (Outlook App via OKTA SSO), Music playback. I just want to know if BB Classic would do me good in my use cases and how's the battery life with your device? Thanks!!
    08-07-18 09:40 AM
    I owned several Classics and the battery life was less than what I expected... but then I had the Play Store installed and a few Android apps as well, so that may have been why.

If you could keep stock BlackBerry apps (from BB World), battery should be more than fine.

However, keep in mind that BB10 is going to be officially 100% abandoned after 31/12/2019. After that date, no one knows for sure what will happen in terms of verifying BB ID, Blackberry Protect etc... basically, all the stuff that is dependent on the servers over at BlackBerry Ltd, Waterloo.

If you're OK with all that, based on what you want to use it for, you should be fine.

As for me personally, I wouldn't switch back to one but rather stick to newer Blackberry phones like the KEYone/KEY2
    08-07-18 11:55 AM
    Hey there, for what you mentioned you need the phone for the classic should serve it's purpose. As the op said there's no guarantee what will happen at the end of next year. As far as battery if you will use it for phone calls txt email and music you should have no problem with the battery life, it's the games and heavy apps that drain the battery.
    08-07-18 01:15 PM
    I ditched my Priv and got a classic for all the reasons you listed above. I'm content, battery life is great. I don't have any Android apps installed. Thought about it but that would defeat the purpose of getting the Classic for me.

I still have use my Priv at home and work on WiFi, but I don't take it out with me otherwise. I am happy with my Classic.

Doesn't hurt that it's the blue one, it's so pretty.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-18 03:40 AM
    I ditched my Priv and got a classic for all the reasons you listed above. I'm content, battery life is great. I don't have any Android apps installed. Thought about it but that would defeat the purpose of getting the Classic for me.

I still have use my Priv at home and work on WiFi, but I don't take it out with me otherwise. I am happy with my Classic.

Doesn't hurt that it's the blue one, it's so pretty.

Posted via CB10
    The Blue Classic is a beautiful phone, I had one briefly. That said, you probably get good battery life because there are no android apps.
    08-09-18 09:37 AM
    There is a very obvious course of action that you don't appear to have considered: just DELETE the apps that are cluttering up your life!

That's cheaper and easier than going back to a phone that could be a brick in a year, isn't it?

I loved my Classic, but going back to it would be just silly.
    08-09-18 11:12 AM
    There is a very obvious course of action that you don't appear to have considered: just DELETE the apps that are cluttering up your life!

That's cheaper and easier than going back to a phone that could be a brick in a year, isn't it?

I loved my Classic, but going back to it would be just silly.
    Well yes, and I'd recommend a KEYone/KEY2 any day over a BB10 device in 2018
    glwerry likes this.
    08-09-18 12:39 PM
    I've since added Google Play store and loaded MOBDRO and a STB emulator to watch live TV. I gotta say it seems to run okay. I'm gonna even try running an android launcher see if it works. To me that would be like having two phones in one till BB stops supporting 10. And if it works bonus I can still have some good use for years to come.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-18 08:33 PM
    I love my classic

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 03:03 AM
    I loaded the apex launcher on this Classic and with no issue, it worked fine. Interesting can run both launchers.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 09:56 PM
    Go for it. Q20 Classic is classic. Been using it for 3 years now. I love it!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-18 11:39 PM
    I loaded the apex launcher on this Classic and with no issue, it worked fine. Interesting can run both launchers.

Posted via CB10
    What the hell? Since when can a BB10 device run an android launcher?
    08-12-18 09:21 AM
    What the hell? Since when can a BB10 device run an android launcher?
    I, too, would like to know this, as it defies my understanding of how the Android subsystem interacts with BB10. If using an alternate launcher is possible, I'd love to try it.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 04:13 PM
    I love the Classic. It's my daily driver in spite of owning a KEYone and Priv. It's just a very good phone all-around. People say to get newer phones, but I have tried. They aren't as good in my opinion. I'm still playing with the other phones, but they have such serious drawbacks I've honestly just grown fonder of the Classic by using the other phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 04:19 PM
    Search how to install Google on Classic here in the forums the guy put 7 or 8 APK apps you need to load just follow the instructions.Just load them don't open. Then find the APK Blackberry Google ID and register the device
    08-12-18 05:36 PM
    After the registration is verified you should be able to load most of the Google apps. I found Facebook life and messenger lite seem to run okay along with What's app
    08-12-18 05:40 PM
    It has for some time now. Only one I use is ghost commander from BBworld
    Can extract everything in there too.
    Attached Thumbnails Eager on getting BB Classic-img_20180812_204935.png   Eager on getting BB Classic-img_20180812_205101.png   Eager on getting BB Classic-img_20180812_205126.png   Eager on getting BB Classic-img_20180812_205201.png  
    08-12-18 10:57 PM
    IF BBW could get its act together & let people download apps everything would be fine. Right now you can just browse the Blackberry World app/website; not download. What a tease.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 11:47 PM
    I love the Classic. It's my daily driver in spite of owning a KEYone and Priv. It's just a very good phone all-around. People say to get newer phones, but I have tried. They aren't as good in my opinion. I'm still playing with the other phones, but they have such serious drawbacks I've honestly just grown fonder of the Classic by using the other phones.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, despite all the devices we can choose from today, there's just something special about the Classic. However, when it's really time to move on, there's no better device than the KEYone/KEY2/KEY2 LE
    08-13-18 05:54 AM