Any word on when July Security Patch will be released?
    07-30-18 03:54 PM
    Obviously not in July.....Late AGAIN.....(if at all for the Dteks)
    BB 'don't have the resources' ie: they can't be bothered to employ enough people to do the work, so everybody suffers the same problem....(cheapskates)
    07-30-18 04:02 PM
    The DTEK50 has received 21 patches in the last 22 months - only missing April of last year when the KEYᵒⁿᵉ was released.

I suspect the same thing is happening this month with the KEY² release.
    07-30-18 04:16 PM
    Thanks Conite. Do you know if it will get security patches beyond August? I know that is the 2 year mark. Wife actually ordered hers on July 26th of '16.
    07-30-18 10:13 PM
    Thanks Conite. Do you know if it will get security patches beyond August? I know that is the 2 year mark. Wife actually ordered hers on July 26th of '16.
    That's a good question, and I don't know the answer.
    07-30-18 10:25 PM
    Even without the updated patch, your phone is actually fine
    07-30-18 10:54 PM
    Yes no issues on the device as it is operating well. Just curious as of late all patches on our DTEK have come early, often and been straightforward. (no messing with Google play store) And why I followed if anyone might know just how long the devices will be supported. I just read that the Plus one 3 and 3T with the 820 SOC will be getting Android P. It made me think of DTEK 60 users and how good it is to see OEM'S supporting perfectly good devices longer. That's phenomenal for +1 and those considering a device. My everyday mobile device is now a S9 (that I purchased for half the cost by trading in/ sending in my S7 to Samsung) My S7 with the 820 was honestly still a great mobile device. As I move forward I am not purchasing ANY new mobile device that is not going to be officially supported for 3 years.
    08-01-18 10:19 AM
    Yes no issues on the device as it is operating well. Just curious as of late all patches on our DTEK have come early, often and been straightforward. (no messing with Google play store) And why I followed if anyone might know just how long the devices will be supported. I just read that the Plus one 3 and 3T with the 820 SOC will be getting Android P. It made me think of DTEK 60 users and how good it is to see OEM'S supporting perfectly good devices longer. That's phenomenal for +1 and those considering a device. My everyday mobile device is now a S9 (that I purchased for half the cost by trading in/ sending in my S7 to Samsung) My S7 with the 820 was honestly still a great mobile device. As I move forward I am not purchasing ANY new mobile device that is not going to be officially supported for 3 years.
    Of course, all BBMo devices (KEYᵒⁿᵉ, KEY², Motion) are 3 years of patches and minimum one letter upgrade.

Considering that BlackBerry proper left the device hardware business 21 months ago, I'm just happy my DTEKs are still getting patched.
    08-01-18 12:24 PM
    Yes agreed. Wish BlackBerry would throw the Oreo update they are working on for the Motion and 625 SOC to the DTEK devices. I know very unlikely but if they are working on it for the all touch Motion seems plausible. (the 625 SOC was/is the evolution upgrade to the 617 SOC)
    08-05-18 06:10 PM
    Anyone here anything on the security patches and DTEK phones? Any word on August? My Samsung S9 on T-Mobile received the August patch last night. Seems that more OEM's and possibly carriers are taking patches more seriously. Come on BlackBerry software team. Let's get all your Android offerings patched up and secure.
    08-22-18 09:28 AM
    Anyone here anything on the security patches and DTEK phones? Any word on August? My Samsung S9 on T-Mobile received the August patch last night. Seems that more OEM's and possibly carriers are taking patches more seriously. Come on BlackBerry software team. Let's get all your Android offerings patched up and secure.
    Think in all honesty, you have little chance of anything more for the Dteks, they were both 'legacy' devices even before they were a year old.
    BB/TCL/BBMo probably only kept up the patches because they had no excuse not to, with only the 'keyone' and 'motion' as their 'stock'.
    Now, there is Key2, and the new LE, as well as the 2 new 'evolve?' models.
    Basically, they now have an excuse (too many new phones to continue to 'support' legacy devices).
    Considering that they can't even get the latest updates to these 'current' phones on time (they are appearing in 'dribs & drabs' here and there), obviously the Dteks are no longer in their schedule...

Google haven't set any 'retirement' date for Marshmallow yet, but that won't stop BB/TCL/BBMo from ditching the Dteks...
    08-22-18 01:41 PM
    Technically the DTEK50 has been out for 2 years. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's received 21 patches in that time (plus the original shipping build).
    08-22-18 01:43 PM

Sons Moto G4 same age as Dteks, yet has received the July patch....(also updated to Nougat OS, as well!!)
    bh7171 likes this.
    08-22-18 01:46 PM
    Sons Moto G4 same age as Dteks, yet has received the July patch....(also updated to Nougat OS, as well!!)
    K
    08-22-18 01:48 PM
    K
    ??? K? ???? strange reply!!
    08-22-18 03:02 PM
    ??? K? ???? strange reply!!
    Short for OK.
    08-22-18 03:03 PM

Are the DTEK not part of the 3 year security patch schedule? I'll be paying closer attention to Samsung's history as well. The S7 is on its 3rd OS upgrade (shipped with Marshmallow, upgraded to Nougat and recently received Oreo) The 820 as One Plus is demonstrating is more than capable of Pie so hoping it pushes others, like Samsung to follow suit. This two and even three year is nonsense and wasteful considering how good the hardware is. The fact is this DTEK is also still ,hardware wise, more than capable of being upgraded and secured if BlackBerry software had or would commit to maintaining as they did for BlackBerry OS 6,7 and 10. Nougat at least would have helped this device in regards to granular control of apps and battery life. I know this train of thought does not immediately sell more devices but it does go a long way for retention. The least BlackBerry software could do is support the DTEK and even PRIV security wise.
    08-23-18 08:52 AM
    Are the DTEK not part of the 3 year security patch schedule? I'll be paying closer attention to Samsung's history as well. The S7 is on its 3rd OS upgrade (shipped with Marshmallow, upgraded to Nougat and recently received Oreo) The 820 as One Plus is demonstrating is more than capable of Pie so hoping it pushes others, like Samsung to follow suit. This two and even three year is nonsense and wasteful considering how good the hardware is. The fact is this DTEK is also still ,hardware wise, more than capable of being upgraded and secured if BlackBerry software had or would commit to maintaining as they did for BlackBerry OS 6,7 and 10. Nougat at least would have helped this device in regards to granular control of apps and battery life. I know this train of thought does not immediately sell more devices but it does go a long way for retention. The least BlackBerry software could do is support the DTEK and even PRIV security wise.
    The old BlackBerry only committed to 2 years.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and forward are BBMo/TCL devices that have the 3 year commitment.
    08-23-18 09:06 AM
    The old BlackBerry only committed to 2 years.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and forward are BBMo/TCL devices that have the 3 year commitment.
    And, just to clarify, because someone is going to ask... yes, the DTEKs were made by TCL using their catalog of parts, but for BlackBerry to be sold by BlackBerry.

Then BlackBerry Mobile was spun off to be run by TCL, and that's where it starts with the Keyone and the three years of updates.
    08-23-18 09:22 AM
    I understand the whole story as I have been around a bit. My issue is that whoever is making the hardware is really just a lousy excuse. BlackBerry the software company is who is responsible for security patch updates and OS upgrades as they are the ones signing off and handling correct? To say "not our product, or my responsibility is nonsense. I know well " it is what it is" but that does not mean I like or agree with it.
    08-24-18 09:58 AM
    I understand the whole story as I have been around a bit. My issue is that whoever is making the hardware is really just a lousy excuse. BlackBerry the software company is who is responsible for security patch updates and OS upgrades as they are the ones signing off and handling correct? To say "not our product, or my responsibility is nonsense. I know well " it is what it is" but that does not mean I like or agree with it.
    This whole business of TCL 'being responsible' for the Dteks as part of the 'deal' with BB is basically a 'cop out' and is really only a means for all parties to absolve themselves from any responsability for the Dteks...no ,more, no less.
    Each says that they are not responsible, and passes the buck to one of the others..
    The 'decision' to 'legacy' a phone that was not even a year old, and then pass the buck to anyone else but themselves is a disgrace..
    Sick of hearing that 'it is what it is' as the 'get out' clause from those who refuse to accept that their 'beloved blackberry' can do no wrong..
    BB knew what was going to happen with Dteks, yet still 'scammed' buyers knowing that they were pulling out of the business, it would leave 'customers' high and dry' but still did it.
    Agree wholeheartedly with the post above, and feel much the same way..
    No way will I purchase another Blackberry, (yes, they don't make phones anymore, but the name belongs to them, so tainted materials, or, damaged goods, as some say)
    Basically overpriced, average spec goods 'branded' with someone else's name
    08-24-18 03:18 PM
    This whole business of TCL 'being responsible' for the Dteks as part of the 'deal' with BB is basically a 'cop out' and is really only a means for all parties to absolve themselves from any responsability for the Dteks...no ,more, no less.
    Each says that they are not responsible, and passes the buck to one of the others..
    The 'decision' to 'legacy' a phone that was not even a year old, and then pass the buck to anyone else but themselves is a disgrace..
    Sick of hearing that 'it is what it is' as the 'get out' clause from those who refuse to accept that their 'beloved blackberry' can do no wrong..
    BB knew what was going to happen with Dteks, yet still 'scammed' buyers knowing that they were pulling out of the business, it would leave 'customers' high and dry' but still did it.
    Agree wholeheartedly with the post above, and feel much the same way..
    No way will I purchase another Blackberry, (yes, they don't make phones anymore, but the name belongs to them, so tainted materials, or, damaged goods, as some say)
    Basically overpriced, average spec goods 'branded' with someone else's name
    Nobody’s passing the buck on DTEK. That hardware was definitely the responsibility of the BB Ltd and they were updating the security patches.

BBMo/TCL gets the better upgrade schedule compared with Optiemus and BBPM. Licensing and Badging hardware is definitely a regional developed business not limited to BB.
    08-24-18 05:13 PM
    Nobody’s passing the buck on DTEK. That hardware was definitely the responsibility of the BB Ltd and they were updating the security patches.

BBMo/TCL gets the better upgrade schedule compared with Optiemus and BBPM. Licensing and Badging hardware is definitely a regional developed business not limited to BB.
    So they do, BUT...others that 'licence or badge' usually provide a decent customer service, which, sadly cannot be said of whoever licences the 'Blackberry' name...
    When you allow someone to licence your name/product, you expect them to respect that name/product...not treat it like some sort of 'cheap' gimmick..

For what it's worth, not only have we not had the July update, but now looks like no August one either!! The silence is deafening out here....
    08-27-18 03:55 PM
    So they do, BUT...others that 'licence or badge' usually provide a decent customer service, which, sadly cannot be said of whoever licences the 'Blackberry' name...
    When you allow someone to licence your name/product, you expect them to respect that name/product...not treat it like some sort of 'cheap' gimmick..

For what it's worth, not only have we not had the July update, but now looks like no August one either!! The silence is deafening out here....
    I’ve got latest update on KEYone which is the Oreo upgrade and I’m on AT&T carrier locked device. Perhaps you should contact your carrier.
    08-27-18 06:13 PM
    I’ve got latest update on KEYone which is the Oreo upgrade and I’m on AT&T carrier locked device. Perhaps you should contact your carrier.
    Great for you then, BUT...if you read the whole post, I have a DTEK (you mentioned that in your previous reply!!) not a Keyone...
    Also, I am in the UK and have a factory unlocked phone, yet am subjected to being held to ransom by Vodafone, (see the MANY, MANY posts regarding this !!) so a minority carrier, has effectively 'hijacked' any updates from BB.
    Assume that only Keyone/two and motion have actually got any July/August updates, due to the fact they are being updated to 'O' whereas other handsets are not..so.. no updates...no amount of 'rhetoric' is going to change that...sadly...
    08-28-18 06:14 AM
44 12