Yesterday, after my Nokia Asha 210 die the last weekend after 5years. I was desperate when my Nokia stop working because nowadays, you can't find Android or Smartphone with a Keyboard (I'm not into these smartphone with a touch screen) and I needed one fast so I bought the Blackberry bold 9780. I used to have a Blackberry bold 9780 so when I saw it in the store I was so excited that I bought it so fast. anyway, at my surprise, I thought that the BlackBerry Bold 9780.

I tried to update my Blackberry App World but this isn't working. I'm struggling to activate the enterprise account. Also, when I'm trying to update the BlackBerry App world, my BlackBerry open internet so I don't know how to even update it and about the internet, I can't even go to all the website due to the security my Blackberry that I have No idea of, it also asks about certification... This Blackberry is just a mess. I also cannot use my internet's Mobile phone plan. This phone industry forget about us keyboard lover
    If anybody can help me ? please
    07-25-18 07:34 PM
    Go buy a modern Keyboard phone like the KEYone or KEY2, or even a BB10 powered phone.

If you want to use the 9780, first step would be to make sure you signed up for a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) plan with your carrier... if they offer them.
    ANTIBERRY and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-27-18 08:12 AM
    Go buy a modern Keyboard phone like the KEYone or KEY2, or even a BB10 powered phone.

If you want to use the 9780, first step would be to make sure you signed up for a BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) plan with your carrier... if they offer them.
    I think i saw it somewhere when i bought it but i reboot my BlackBerry, now i'm struggling to sign up for anything. I think i'm going to put it on resale.
    How can i sign up for BIS ?
    07-27-18 03:35 PM
    I think i saw it somewhere when i bought it but i reboot my BlackBerry, now i'm struggling to sign up for anything. I think i'm going to put it on resale.
    How can i sign up for BIS ?
    Contact your carrier and see if they still have BIS.
    ANTIBERRY and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-27-18 04:19 PM
    Contact your carrier and see if they still have BIS.
    I'll contact them to see if they still have it. Otherwise, thank you and everyone who replied
    07-27-18 04:59 PM
    To be able to open the app world, the phone must be ble to access the internet. If I remember it correctly, to access internet on the browser on the 9780 without a BIS plan, both mobile network and wifi must be turn on. Of course the SIM must come with a data plan.

Check also if the phone is locked, or if there is an IT Policy already installed.

I did not have BIS plan for my 9780 when I was using it but could still access the internet with the browser with my 3G SIM. Same with the current Bold 9900.

Edit: and set the APN correctly for the network
    ANTIBERRY likes this.
    07-29-18 01:15 AM
    To be able to open the app world, the phone must be ble to access the internet. If I remember it correctly, to access internet on the browser on the 9780 without a BIS plan, both mobile network and wifi must be turn on. Of course the SIM must come with a data plan.

Check also if the phone is locked, or if there is an IT Policy already installed.

I did not have BIS plan for my 9780 when I was using it but could still access the internet with the browser with my 3G SIM. Same with the current Bold 9900.

Edit: and set the APN correctly for the network
    Thank you for your response. Both of my Mobile network and Wifi is on but still i can't open the App World, they are asking for an update and open an internet page with all the Application except for the App World update. I'm wondering if the App World still exist because, on the new BlackBerry KeyOne you can access Google play store now.
    Also another problem, i can't access the internet with the browser with the 3G Sim, i don't know why. I was also told to set my APN correctly with the right network but nothing happen. (I got to say, i didn't really understand how to set it right.)
    08-05-18 01:03 PM