I am trying to do a non-destructive update for the first time. My PP is running 10.3.3.2031. I think this is more than one step back.

I installed Sashesi and am prepping to drag and drop the Blitz files. But I notice the following text:

------------------------------------------
    Full Blitz (no Z3 or Z10STL100-1):

https://mega.nz/#!ddIXGBAY!aOk4NFJsa...FRTCEizwXm14rA

Blitz from 3057 (no Z3 or Z10STL100-1):

https://mega.nz/#!AVwBTTyL!xkBji2TKC...jgtYYyp7i5u0mE

61 new apps compared to 3057:

If I'm updating from an earlier OS than 3057 -- right? -- then can I just run the full blitz? (Not sure if 3057 is a build number or OS number.) Is there any risk to this?

Why does the Youtube video on Sachesi indicate that it can do the downloading for you? (Not a big deal.)
    07-14-18 06:49 PM
    Sorry for the highlights. Funny html quirk. I had done a keyword search before posting.
    07-14-18 06:51 PM
    Maybe I need to PM Conite.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-18 11:41 PM
    I am trying to do a non-destructive update for the first time. My PP is running 10.3.3.2031. I think this is more than one step back.

I installed Sashesi and am prepping to drag and drop the Blitz files. But I notice the following text:

If I'm updating from an earlier OS than 3057 -- right? -- then can I just run the full blitz? (Not sure if 3057 is a build number or OS number.) Is there any risk to this?

Why does the Youtube video on Sachesi indicate that it can do the downloading for you? (Not a big deal.)
    Yes, do the full Blitz. No risk and easy to do. Not familiar with the YouTube video so I can't answer that one but it probably entails using the carrier id and country id to search for the ota update (not what you are looking to do so disregard).
    07-15-18 12:13 AM
    Yes, do the full Blitz. No risk and easy to do. Not familiar with the YouTube video so I can't answer that one but it probably entails using the carrier id and country id to search for the ota update (not what you are looking to do so disregard).
    Thanks, Brookie! You are awesome! I get the sense that Sachesi figures out what is old and what is new and only changes what it needs to.
    07-15-18 12:23 AM
    I get the sense that Sachesi figures out what is old and what is new and only changes what it needs to.
    Yes, if you will note, when you open up Sachesi at the default screen (Install) you will notice a box that is checked called "Only install newer apps".
    07-15-18 09:00 AM
    When I used 10.3.3.3216 blitz file it made a mess and I had to use the destructive (full wipe) autoloader in the end.
    Succes!

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 11:38 AM

We always go by the OS (not SR) number - or at least we should.

Brookie is right - full Blitz has all you need.
    07-15-18 11:58 AM
    After I connected my PP to Sachesi on my tablet, I could see that I do have 3057 installed.

But Sachesi is more finicky than I thought. Only my tablet with inconsistent USB performance would read all the PP files and be able to do the update. I didn't attempt it because I was afraid of bricking it or corrupting it if the connection dropped midway.

Will try a couple of desktops and see if Sachesi can fully connect.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 07:13 PM
    Darn it. The only PC I can get Sachesi to fully connect to my PP is a tiny Win 8 tablet with a USB connection that drops every 30 seconds or so or with the slightest movement of the USB cable.

On all other PCs I've tried (1 desktop and 2 bigger tablets), Sachesi can detect what type of device is connected (if I click on device) but on the Install window the scroll wheel keeps going and I can't see any of the files. I have typed in the password, so that is not it.

I have tried dragging and dropping the updated files into Sachesi with the not full connection and it doesn't work.

Any advice on why it's not connecting fully to all these PC's but will connect on the small one with the bad connection?
    07-15-18 07:46 PM
    I tried disabling Blackberry software on startup and restarting thinking that might have interfered. It didn't work.
    07-15-18 07:54 PM
    I tried disabling Blackberry software on startup and restarting thinking that might have interfered. It didn't work.
    Do you have the USB drivers installed?

It's part of the Link/Blend install package. Just install the driver and deselect the rest.
    07-15-18 08:11 PM
    Do you have the USB drivers installed?

It's part of the Link/Blend install package. Just install the driver and deselect the rest.
    I'm confused. Are you sure you read my post right? You think the spotty USB performance is a driver issue? I think it's because it's a tiny tablet that stuffs a USB port and probably is underpowered. This happens on this little Windows tablets. It's like a smaller Surface 3 with a little Atom processor. So it's a hardware issue, I think.

By coincidence the one that will link the PP with Sachesi successfully happens to be the one that has never had BB Link/Blend installed. This is why I suspected that this was the problem. Also, others reported this on Crackberry as a possible issue -- Link/Blend interfering.
    07-15-18 11:07 PM
    I'm confused. Are you sure you read my post right? You think the spotty USB performance is a driver issue? I think it's because it's a tiny table that stuffs a USB port and probably is underpowered. This happens on this little Windows tablets. It's like a smaller Surface 3 with a little Atom processor.

By coincidence the one that will link the PP with Sachesi successfully happens to be the one that has never had BB Link/Blend installed. This is why I suspected that this was the problem. Also, others reported this on Crackberry as a possible issue -- Link/Blend interfering.
    Sachesi does not require the USB driver to be installed. But it seems to help sometimes.

If you are having issues with Sachesi, you could try DBBT (Darcy's Tools) instead.

I'm not sure what the issue is though. I have Sachesi installed on about a dozen PCs without a problem. Try rebooting your phone, and computer, and try again.
    07-15-18 11:11 PM
    This is the question: if the USB connection drops off during a Sachesi update what happens to the phone? Is it bricked?
    07-15-18 11:11 PM
    Sachesi does not require the USB driver to be installed. But it seems to help sometimes.

If you are having issues with Sachesi, you could try DBBT (Darcy's Tools) instead.

I'm not sure what the issue is though. I have Sachesi installed on about a dozen PCs without a problem. Try rebooting your phone, and computer, and try again.
    I think the USB driver might be installed automatically. I mean it ID's the device and I can view the contents of the PP in Windows.
    07-15-18 11:13 PM
    This is the question: if the USB connection drops off during a Sachesi update what happens to the phone? Is it bricked?
    What version of Sachesi are you using? Try an older version if you are using the newest. 2.0.3 seems to be the most stable for me but ymmv.
    07-15-18 11:26 PM
    What version of Sachesi are you using? Try an older version if you are using the newest. 2.0.3 seems to be the most stable for me but ymmv.
    Agreed. Sachesi went all bonkers on me, so I switched to using DBBT (Darcy's BlackBerry Tools). Never had any problems with DBBT.

Sachesi worked again after I did a clean install of Windows 10.

Regardless, use a real computer, not tablets or underpowered wannabe computers.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-15-18 11:38 PM
    Not necessarily, but it'll probably not work properly. Just install the Blitz again until successful. I once had to do it 3 times before success.

07-15-18 11:41 PM
    Thanks everyone. I just went ahead and tried it with my little tablet. First I dragged individual files to see how long it might take. I had to restart Sachesi once. Then I just dragged the whole folder with all the BAR files.

Looks like it worked! Sachesi indicates the .3216 as the OS. It skipped 4 BAR files due to them not applying to a PP I guess.

Hoping the browser works with more sites now. Thanks!
    07-16-18 12:10 AM
    Hoping the browser works with more sites now. Thanks!
    Don't count on it. I'm finding various sites no longer working on the stock browser. Not many, but still damned annoying. I use the BEOL browser for those.

07-16-18 12:44 AM
    Don't count on it. I'm finding various sites no longer working on the stock browser. Not many, but still damned annoying. I use the BEOL browser for those.

Yeah, I could swear that Southwest.com worked on my Classic running the newest OS but not my PP. Now neither can open it due to Javascript errors.

Oh well, I'm using BEOL also. It's not nearly enough to get me off bb10.

After seeing the individual BAR files, I was impressed with how many components were in this latest update. Stuff like Password Keeper and the clock. They are still (or were) maintaining this OS. Maybe we get one last one.
    07-16-18 01:07 AM
    I still use the Porsche Design clock (works only on Z10). One item I'll really miss when I finally leave BB10......sniff....

07-16-18 01:12 AM
    Haha! That doesn't seem like the most important part of the OS. You could use it as a bedside clock even after bb10 is over.
    07-16-18 01:50 AM
    I have been trying to update using the 3216 blitz file and 2 versions of Sachesi (2.0.4 and 2.0.3). Phone is tmobile q10 running 10.2.xxx (last provides by TM). Phone has been losing contact with media card.
    I cannot get Sachesi to do more than spin endlessly muttering "usb connection" Link recognizes and connects. Sachesi connects and knows model,radio, and other information but has NEVER progressed past the "usb..." I am using an HP win 7 laptop with 3 usb ports and it makes little difference which port or usb cable I use.
    I have read many miles of posts and have gotten past the missing 140dll problem,etc, but I just cannot get further with the problem of nothing showing up other than the "talking with xx(2 or 3) usp ports"!!!
    Device password is entered and Windows usb connection enabled.

Thanks for any help
    12-09-18 08:05 PM