Hi guys! So, I've had my Z10 for awhile now and it's been working just fine. Lately, though, whenever I'm using it, my touch screen just suddenly stops working. The screen doesn't freeze because I can still turn it off and on and so forth, but it seems to me longer recognise my touch. After taking out the battery and turning it back on, it would work but it still stops. I have to restart it nearly half a dozen times a day!

Just the other day, I factory resetted my device, hoping it would fix the unknown issue, but it's starting to blip out again and I don't know what to do! I don't know what's wrong and how it happened-- it didn't get damaged in anyway I know of, and everything looks perfectly fine. I simply am at a loss! Thank you in advance! Lots of love!
    07-12-18 10:04 PM
    Hey there! I admire that you're still using a Z10. That's a device I will always enjoy the design of. So, kudos to you on using that device!

This could very well, based on what you've done already, be a hardware problem that you would need to repair yourself or at one of those cell phone repair shops. The shops willl either look at you as if you have two heads because BlackBerry (I know, weird, but true), so I think doing it yourself would be way more fun!

There are probably YouTube videos on how to disassemble / reassemble the Z10. You could DIY a screen replacement.

This place is a popular replacement parts website with lots of BlackBerry parts (cheap too, for Z10):

https://www.etradesupply.com/blackbe...berry-z10.html

Now, this could be fun for you too. You could order a bunch of parts (money permitting) and make a red one, or a white one, or a black and white one, etc...

This is just a random Amazon link to show you how inexpensive it is to order a new Z10, but I think you'd have more fun building your own uniquely coloured version, but just in case:

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Z1...UvbUpU13233207

I hope that helps in at least some kind of way! Good luck!
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 07-14-18 at 03:42 PM.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    07-13-18 02:36 AM
    Gave you a like because you're in the right place where there are smart folks who might have better suggestions than myself.
    07-13-18 02:37 AM
    Oh, since you've done a reset or security wipe, this might not work, but...

If you're familiar with BlackBerry 10 autoloaders, maybe do a forum search and download the best one for your Z10, reload the OS altogether.

May not work at all, just like the security wipe, but may as well try it if you have time.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    07-13-18 02:41 AM
    I have the same thing happening, though not as frequently as you plus some other oddities. Since I haven't done a clean install since 10.2-something, I'm going to reinstall 10.3.3.3216 clean using an autoloader. I suggest you do the same thing as you've nothing to lose at this point.

Remember: an autoloader is a fully destructive install meaning EVERYTHING will be wiped out, so first backup the stuff you want to keep.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    WiseEyes likes this.
    07-13-18 04:07 PM
    07-13-18 09:33 PM
    First, I would still reload the OS using an autoloader to determine whether it's a software problem or not. I'm a recently retired IT guy. 9 times out of 10, it was software not hardware.

FWIW, replacing the Z10 LCD isn't difficult. You just need the right Torx drivers, and be very careful.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    07-14-18 02:43 PM
    Mine did this too, figured it was because the memory was full. Never figured it out though. I replaced the screen twice due to cracks and same thing.
    07-17-18 05:17 PM