The Android app pops up a broken web page when I log in, the BB10 app is way out of support, and even the Browser won't load the website (stuck on the logo, other posts in the forum)

Does the Android app work for you guys? What exactly are my options? I'm surprised a business oriented company like LinkedIn would have such poor support for BlackBerry devices.

Posted with my BlackBerry Classic via CB10
    Last edited by johnb_xp; 07-12-18 at 04:39 PM.
    kimkyounglin likes this.
    07-12-18 04:18 PM
    Try Kiwi Browser. I hear it makes up for the abysmal state the BB10 browser is in.
    07-12-18 05:16 PM
    LinkedIn for BB10 stopped working since November 2017.

LinkedIn for BlackBerry 10 being retired on November 27 https://www.crackberry.com/linkedin-...ed-november-27

If that app is a necessity, use a supported device.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 07-12-18 at 11:30 PM.
    07-12-18 09:36 PM
    LinkedIn as a whole is a hot mess, trying to be everything to everyone. I deleted it from my devices some time ago, Hub integration notwithstanding.
    kimkyounglin likes this.
    07-13-18 12:45 PM
    The Android app pops up a broken web page when I log in, the BB10 app is way out of support, and even the Browser won't load the website (stuck on the logo, other posts in the forum)

Does the Android app work for you guys? What exactly are my options? I'm surprised a business oriented company like LinkedIn would have such poor support for BlackBerry devices.

Does the mobile web site for Linkedin work? Put a shortcut onto your desktop if it does.
    07-13-18 01:28 PM
    Does the mobile web site for Linkedin work? Put a shortcut onto your desktop if it does.
    No

07-13-18 01:32 PM
    Try Kiwi Browser. I hear it makes up for the abysmal state the BB10 browser is in.
    Tried Kiwi browser and deleted it. Runs slower than BB10 browser most of the time and has its own issues loading some sites.

Might download Kiwi again, but I think I'll just use LinkedIn from my desktop PC

07-13-18 01:34 PM
    Try the BEOL browser which is in development on here. I use LinkedIn on that.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-18 04:34 PM
    Use Linkedin APK directly.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-18 05:23 AM
    The issue with LinkedIn is that newer versions no longer support 4.3 Jellybean, thus do not work on BB10's runtime.

You may use an older APK (check APKmirror), but certain features have broken links.

There is a Lite version, but I haven't even tried it as it is mentioned to be designed for 4.4 and up.

There is an app on BBW by Nemory, which somewhat works (if a bit clunky). It's a Web wrapper and looks just like the Lite app (probably a Web wrapper itself). Anyway, make sure you let it load fully and choose as already having an account, log in and you're set.

No notifications as far as I can see, but the app works: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/60005197

 Passport (10.3.3.3216) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (8.1.0)
    09-11-18 10:47 PM
    LinkedIn as a whole is a hot mess, trying to be everything to everyone. I deleted it from my devices some time ago, Hub integration notwithstanding.
    Agreed. I uninstalled that once Microsoft announced they would be buying out LinkedIn. Not sure why Microsoft would write for BlackBerry when they cannot even write a half way descent looking phone U/I.
    09-12-18 10:49 AM
    I'm surprised a business oriented company like LinkedIn would have such poor support for BlackBerry devices.

I'm not surprised. It costs MONEY to have multiple teams supporting apps.
    Quite some time ago I read a thread from a fellow who worked for a corporation that developed apps. They originally were going to share a team between the iOS and Android versions of the app.
    That very quickly became one team dedicated to EACH environment.

So, with the BB market share heading straight for the toilet, why would a business pay for a THIRD team of developers?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-12-18 11:18 AM
    Quite some time ago I read a thread from a fellow who worked for a corporation that developed apps. They originally were going to share a team between the iOS and Android versions of the app.

So, with the BB market share heading straight for the toilet, why would a business pay for a THIRD team of developers?
    And for a dying platform...

There were a few "we will wait and see" developers that half way committed to BB10 and made it up on that board that Thor had made up. But after sales numbers showed up and Thor panicked and put out the for sale sign... it was all over. 2013 was the end of BB10... 2014 and 2015 was just trying to use up parts that they had committed too.

There was little reason for "business" app developer to support BB10.. as business weren't. A few regulated industries that probable didn't use apps anyway on their locked down devices, didn't mean anything to developers.
    09-12-18 11:25 AM

Yep. and the LinkedIn app/platform brings in no money because people don't actually spend any money on it. All you do is login with it. Its not like a food app, or ride share app where the second you login you're actually turning over money in the process to use their service.
    Last edited by Digital_Islandboy; 09-12-18 at 09:00 PM.
    09-12-18 11:35 AM