I received my Key 2 yesterday (UK model working in Canada) and I've noticed that when I'm typing I'm sometimes getting double letters. Has anyone else been having the same issue? If so, is there a quick fix available? Thanks in advance.
    MitchLovesBB10 likes this.
    06-30-18 11:56 AM
    I had double typing on my Q10, but it was after a few months of usage. I went through FIVE keyboards on my Q10. Every time I replaced the keyboard, the issue went away. A few months after, the issue would return. I'm betting it's a hardware issue and you should get your phone replaced.
    06-30-18 08:08 PM
    I received my Key 2 yesterday (UK model working in Canada) and I've noticed that when I'm typing I'm sometimes getting double letters. Has anyone else been having the same issue? If so, is there a quick fix available? Thanks in advance.
    First, try using the virtual keyboard and see if you get the double typing issue. In any case, Clear the cache on the phone and the cache on the keyboard app. Report back if issue still present and go for a replacement
    leoip likes this.
    06-30-18 08:12 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping it might just be software so maybe I'll wait a few more days. The double type isn't persistent, it just happens sporadically. Also, because I'm coming from my KeyOne I type super fast but I've noticed on my KeyTwo that there's a bit of a lag when I type. It is especially noticeable when I double tap the space bar for a period and start a new sentence. This issue aside, this phone is by FAR the best I've ever had. Hopefully not too many other people are having the same issues as me. Thanks again.
    06-30-18 08:20 PM
    Where did you get your phone? Also in Canada and was hoping to do the same!

Would prefer dual sim but they probably don't have that eh?
    06-30-18 11:14 PM
    Maybe I am seeing thing, because I still need to adjust to the new keyboard. However I think I got two or three cases of doubletyping over the hours since I got this device. Just a few minutes ago the device insterted a period after a word although I am very sure I just hit the spacebar once.
    Another odd issue: It seems to sometimes drop the pre-clicked shift key in order to write a capital letter. On all previous devices this was working rock sold:
    Hit shift, then hit the key you want to capitalize. However here, every once in a while, I hit the shift key as desired but the followed up key doesn't give a capital letter.
    07-01-18 06:29 AM
    You're not going mad, mine has been doing the same.
    I darent say it in this forum though as I'll probably get shot for making a big deal of an issue lol.

But yes, mine does the same sometimes. It tends to be when I first start typing a message or whatever. It isn't all the time so I can't really explain why.
    07-01-18 06:45 AM
    You're not going mad, mine has been doing the same.
    I darent say it in this forum though as I'll probably get shot for making a big deal of an issue lol.

But yes, mine does the same sometimes. It tends to be when I first start typing a message or whatever. It isn't all the time so I can't really explain why.
    I think it's only fair to report it as apparently looks like it's an issue! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 06:47 AM
    I think it's only fair to report it as apparently looks like it's an issue! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    No I agree. I just mean with how people who don't have the issue react sometimes it makes me not want to mention some issues!
    But yes, it's happening to me too.
    07-01-18 06:49 AM
    No I agree. I just mean with how people who don't have the issue react sometimes it makes me not want to mention some issues!
    But yes, it's happening to me too.
    That's not even the problem in here! The problem Is that people might even have the issue and deny it in order to rationalise their decision! Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-18 06:52 AM
    Rather seems as something that can and HAS to be fixed by an update if it's not happening all time. There definitely has to be a HUGE bugfix update coming in the near future. Would not surprise me if BB will release the update before the middle of July when most of the launches take place.
    07-01-18 06:52 AM
    To those having the double typing issue, you can try opening up the Notes app and test each key with different pressure and see if the issue reproduces itself. Also note if it's the same key every time or if the pattern is random. Hopefully it's a software thing.
    07-01-18 06:57 AM
    To those having the double typing issue, you can try opening up the Notes app and test each key with different pressure and see if the issue reproduces itself. Also note if it's the same key every time or if the pattern is random. Hopefully it's a software thing.
    I already tried that, I couldn't reproduce it on certain keys, it happens very rarely and on random keys. Both of my Keyones had never any kind of double-typing issues, in fact the last time I had those was on the Q10.
    07-01-18 07:00 AM
    The issue happened on quite a few bb10 devices, especially PP. If I remember correctly, it was corrected by a software update.
    07-01-18 07:00 AM
    I have the issue too. Laughing, every new BB device starts with the double typing issue. But it will be fixed, like it was always.
    07-01-18 07:12 AM
    I have the issue too. Laughing, every new BB device starts with the double typing issue. But it will be fixed, like it was always.
    As already said, I own two Keyones and neither of them ever had a single issue with double-typing and I used them a lot. I can't remember a single time a keystroke resulted in a multiple entry. Same goes for the Priv by the way, say about that keyboard what you want, but double-typing was never something I encountered on the Priv. So the last time I had to deal with it was on the BB10 line of devices, especially the Q10.
    07-01-18 07:24 AM
    It depends on how you type. Thats what BB always said. If you press all buttons consistently and with the same speed and pressure, there is no problem. but if you type very quick, don't use the same pressure to all buttons there can be the Problem of double typing. It is not really a problem, because it can be easily fixed by modifying the recognition speed of keypress.

So it is absolutely possible that YOU do not have that problem and never hand (and will) :-)
    07-01-18 07:28 AM
    It depends on how you type. Thats what BB always said. If you press all buttons consistently and with the same speed and pressure, there is no problem. but if you type very quick, don't use the same pressure to all buttons there can be the Problem of double typing. It is not really a problem, because it can be easily fixed by modifying the recognition speed of keypress.

So it is absolutely possible that YOU do not have that problem and never hand (and will) :-)
    I won't deny nobody had problems on the physical keyboard Android devices, just that I never encountered any until now.

An update by the way:
    It just happened three times in a single text, jj, ee and tt got placed. I also had another period in the mid of a sentence on a chat a few minutes ago, although I again am very sure I haven't pressed that spacebar twice.
    Oh and that issue with the shift key being ignored is getting annoying too. I am actually starting to make up my mind sending the device back or not and simply stick with the K1. Sad.
    07-01-18 07:38 AM

In other words, "you're typing it wrong" lol!

Just joking. I have the keyone, but so far so good, no double typing yet. Will wait for the key2
    07-01-18 07:46 AM
    I won't deny nobody had problems on the physical keyboard Android devices, just that I never encountered any until now.

An update by the way:
    It just happened three times in a single text, jj, ee and tt got placed. I also had another period in the mid of a sentence on a chat a few minutes ago, although I again am very sure I haven't pressed that spacebar twice.
    Oh and that issue with the shift key being ignored is getting annoying too. I am actually starting to make up my mind sending the device back or not and simply stick with the K1. Sad.
    A factory reset may sound drastic, but those usually tend to solve most software related issues. And I believe the double typing isn't hardware related.
    07-01-18 10:04 AM
    A factory reset may sound drastic, but those usually tend to solve most software related issues. And I believe the double typing isn't hardware related.
    I have done the factory reset and it still hasn't changed. It's hard to explain but it reminds me a lot of when the PRIV first came out. There was a long delay between what you typed and what showed up. I still have my KeyOne and to make sure I wasn't going crazy I went back and typed on it again without any delay. Seems like it is software related, hopefully it will be addressed.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    07-01-18 01:06 PM
    I have done the factory reset and it still hasn't changed. It's hard to explain but it reminds me a lot of when the PRIV first came out. There was a long delay between what you typed and what showed up. I still have my KeyOne and to make sure I wasn't going crazy I went back and typed on it again without any delay. Seems like it is software related, hopefully it will be addressed.
    Absolutely. Try to contact Blackberry Mobile directly about it. You can also try to submit a bug report.

Let us know if they get back to you and what they say
    07-01-18 03:33 PM
    As already said, I own two Keyones and neither of them ever had a single issue with double-typing and I used them a lot. I can't remember a single time a keystroke resulted in a multiple entry. Same goes for the Priv by the way, say about that keyboard what you want, but double-typing was never something I encountered on the Priv. So the last time I had to deal with it was on the BB10 line of devices, especially the Q10.
    I dont remeber the Q10 ever being fixed.
    07-01-18 04:51 PM
    I have had the same thing a few times

weird ? sometimes random symbols and characters come up
    07-01-18 06:31 PM
    Absolutely. Try to contact Blackberry Mobile directly about it. You can also try to submit a bug report.

Let us know if they get back to you and what they say
    So I just wanted to file a report using BlackBerry Mobiles contact form on their website, however they don't list the Key2 yet within their options, so I just selected Keyone and stated right away this is for the Key2. We will see what happens.

So far it is not getting any better, the shift key thing happens every few words and can be reproduced somewhat better than the double typing. I've already checked the input settings however I can't find any option which might be an impact regarding this matter. In fact I have turned off many automatic input options which could eat up CPU usage.
    07-01-18 09:58 PM
79 123 ...