Title says it all. Im with koodo and would like to buy the phone outright. Dont want to pre-order . Want to walk in and buy and plug in sim.
    06-25-18 10:44 AM
    Title says it all. Im with koodo and would like to buy the phone outright. Dont want to pre-order . Want to walk in and buy and plug in sim.
    You'd need to wait until the 6th of July. That's when it gets released. I'm sure you'll be able to walk into a Rogers store and purchase it outright, also the devices in Canada are no longer locked to carriers, so you're also able to pop your SIM in and have fun.
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-25-18 10:47 AM
    You'd need to wait until the 6th of July. That's when it gets released. I'm sure you'll be able to walk into a Rogers store and purchase it outright, also the devices in Canada are no longer locked to carriers, so you're also able to pop your SIM in and have fun.
    So no need to call Rogers & get an unlock code anymore?
    06-25-18 10:06 PM
    So no need to call Rogers & get an unlock code anymore?
    SIM locks have been banned in Canada since December 31st, 2017.

But the phone will still be software update locked to Rogers.

Ingram Micro resellers should have the silver 64GB around the same time, some already discount it from the $829 MSRP.

https://www.pc-canada.com/item/PRD-63825-002.html
    tazcubed likes this.
    06-25-18 11:04 PM
    SIM locks have been banned in Canada since December 31st, 2017.

But the phone will still be software update locked to Rogers.

Ingram Micro resellers should have the silver 64GB around the same time, some already discount it from the $829 MSRP.

Do you know if the unlocked ones sold from Ingram will have VoLTE and WiFi Call on Rogers? I want the silver one from Ingram but I'm afraid that these features won't work.
    06-25-18 11:16 PM
    Do you know if the unlocked ones sold from Ingram will have VoLTE and WiFi Call on Rogers? I want the silver one from Ingram but I'm afraid that these features won't work.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven't done business with Rogers in years.
    06-26-18 05:37 AM
    For this reason I'm waiting to see what happens when / if other Canadian carriers release it. No point paying more for an unlocked phone with less features.
    06-26-18 06:26 AM
    For this reason I'm waiting to see what happens when / if other Canadian carriers release it. No point paying more for an unlocked phone with less features.
    Umm... the unlocked phone is actually cheaper in this case, lol. Link I listed is $785 only.

You're paying through your nose for your plan and the phone with a device balance of $829. Unless you're in Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Quebec.
    06-26-18 08:05 AM
    Umm... the unlocked phone is actually cheaper in this case, lol. Link I listed is $785 only.

You're paying through your nose for your plan and the phone with a device balance of $829. Unless you're in Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Quebec.
    Rogers has a purchase price of $799 outright. If you want to deny yourself VoLTE and VoWIFI for the price of a cheeseburger combo, knock yourself out.
    06-26-18 08:14 AM
    Rogers has a purchase price of $799 outright. If you want to deny yourself VoLTE and VoWIFI for the price of a cheeseburger combo, knock yourself out.
    Ah so they are pulling a Priv again and dropping the outright price.

For half the price on Little 3 a month, the two features are sacrifices I'm willing to make than to pay that much to go on Big 3.

I don't understand the obsession with the VoLTE and VoWiFi anyways. I don't have reception issues to want Wi-Fi calling, and a few seconds of call setup time to drop to UMTS isn't really an issue.
    06-26-18 08:33 AM

For half the price on Little 3 a month, the two features are sacrifices I'm willing to make than to pay that much to go on Big 3.

I don't understand the obsession with the VoLTE and VoWiFi anyways. I don't have reception issues to want Wi-Fi calling, and a few seconds of call setup time to drop to UMTS isn't really an issue.
    I never understood the need for these features. One still needs a phone plan anyway. What am I missing?
    06-26-18 08:48 AM

They are good features to have. Better security (encryption), better call quality (HD audio) and better reception potential with VoWIFI. Best part is if the carrier supports the feature, you aren't paying extra...so why not?
    06-26-18 09:13 AM
    I did online chat with PC-Canada & they couldnt confirm that the Key2 variant seen here:

I'm guessing it should be the -002 since it's listed on the site as Part #: PRD-63825-002.

So it should be this one???
    BBF100-2
    CODENAME: bbf100americas, bbf100americasatt
    LTE: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 17 / 20 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 38 / 39 / 40 / 41 / 66
    UMTS: 1 / 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 8
    GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    CDMA: none
    SIMS: 1
    INTERNAL STORAGE: 64GB/128GB
    COLOR CHOICES: Silver/Black
    Where it works best: Americas GSM (i.e. not Sprint)
    Is it released yet? No
    Will it be released? Probably
    06-26-18 09:21 AM
    you aren't paying extra
    I already told you my plan is like half of what they charge for the equivalent on Big 3. I'm paying $40 for 6GB/Unlim, same plan on Robellus is like $125. And no it's not Freedom, I'm on Telus' network, just their flanker brand instead.

There's a reason why they put $95/mo minimum.
    06-26-18 09:25 AM
    I did online chat with PC-Canada & they couldnt confirm that the Key2 variant seen here:

I'm guessing it should be the -002 since it's listed on the site as Part #: PRD-63825-002.

So it should be this one???
    BBF100-2
    CODENAME: bbf100americas, bbf100americasatt
    LTE: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 17 / 20 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 38 / 39 / 40 / 41 / 66
    UMTS: 1 / 2 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 8
    GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    CDMA: none
    SIMS: 1
    INTERNAL STORAGE: 64GB/128GB
    COLOR CHOICES: Silver/Black
    Where it works best: Americas GSM (i.e. not Sprint)
    Is it released yet? No
    Will it be released? Probably
    Same model as Rogers but silver instead of black.
    06-26-18 09:26 AM
    I never understood the need for these features. One still needs a phone plan anyway. What am I missing?
    I wish i had wifi calling on the k1 due to reception issues in my house. Maybe the k2 will have a better radio. Also the call quality seems better with hd. I notice a difference other family members phones on hd. I dont video call so thats not a benefit however.

Since the rogers price is basically the same as amazon/staples/walmart it seems that if you are on the rogers network the only real difference to not buy from them is if you want a silver unit. I note that rogers was pretty good with updates on the k1 so i cant see that as a compelling reason to not buy from them particularly if you want the advanced features.
    06-26-18 01:27 PM
    I already told you my plan is like half of what they charge for the equivalent on Big 3. I'm paying $40 for 6GB/Unlim, same plan on Robellus is like $125. And no it's not Freedom, I'm on Telus' network, just their flanker brand instead.

OK, but no one charges extra for VoLTE or VoWIFI on supported devices either. So regardless of your plan...what would be the point buying unlocked and depriving yourself of these features? Especially on a carrier like Telus/Koodo where they make a point of telling you they will only support devices purchased from them.
    06-26-18 01:30 PM

Thats pretty good. I pay 50 for 5gb with rogers. Looking forward to the exta features on their black k2
    06-26-18 02:31 PM
    I wish i had wifi calling on the k1 due to reception issues in my house. Maybe the k2 will have a better radio. Also the call quality seems better with hd. I notice a difference other family members phones on hd. I dont video call so thats not a benefit however.

Since the rogers price is basically the same as amazon/staples/walmart it seems that if you are on the rogers network the only real difference to not buy from them is if you want a silver unit. I note that rogers was pretty good with updates on the k1 so i cant see that as a compelling reason to not buy from them particularly if you want the advanced features.
    I'm in the boat that I want a non carrier Silver edition Key2 as I really dislike the all black. But I want the VoLTE and WiFi Calling. Rogers tells me it might work but they can't guarantee it. Do you know what are the chances the unlocked one will support VoLTE or know if current Motions or KEYones work?

Does anyone here have a non carrier Motion or KEYone that has functioning VoLTE on Rogers?
    06-26-18 10:59 PM
    Has anyone confirmed if
    PRD-63825-002 is BBF100-2?
    07-10-18 08:47 AM
    They are good features to have. Better security (encryption), better call quality (HD audio) and better reception potential with VoWIFI. Best part is if the carrier supports the feature, you aren't paying extra...so why not?
    lol.
    07-11-18 07:46 PM
    LOL what? A little early isn't it? I wouldn't assume anything yet. Some people were also reporting VoLTE on the Rogers Key2 wasn't working, and it was later fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So when are you getting your Key2? I assume you know where the best deals are...haven't you been hard at work posting it across the Internet??
    07-11-18 07:55 PM
    LOL what? A little early isn't it? I wouldn't assume anything yet. Some people were also reporting VoLTE on the Rogers Key2 wasn't working, and it was later fixed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So when are you getting your Key2? I assume you know where the best deals are...haven't you been hard at work posting it across the Internet??
    When my Priv dies... maybe. But I just refurbished my Priv the past weekend... new battery, GPS fix and new back camera.

So probably never.
    07-11-18 08:11 PM
    When my Priv dies... maybe. But I just refurbished my Priv the past weekend... new battery, GPS fix and new back camera.

So probably never.
    But your completely unfounded interest in the Key2 suggests otherwise. Give it a few years.
    07-11-18 08:48 PM
    But your completely unfounded interest in the Key2 suggests otherwise. Give it a few years.
    I pay attention to keyboards, and I just like deal hunting... what can I say.
    07-11-18 08:53 PM
27 12