Hello,

I have a Blackberry Curve (just got it) and i don't know how to set it up. I am having many difficulties with the phone as it doesn't allow me to download anything.

First of all, I wanted to update the system, but the desktop software doesn't allow me to download the updates. It gives me the error below:

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-1.png

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-2.png

Simply it is written that I need an active BlackBerry account which i already have. However, there is no "login" option on the desktop software. Where can i login into my BB Account?

The biggest problem is below:
    I am not able to use any app neither download new ones.

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-img_20180625_151110.jpg

When I try to open App World, it gives the error above.

When I click on 'upgrade':

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-img_20180625_150348.jpg

It gives that error. Then I try to LOGIN into my BB Account but receive the error below:

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-img_20180625_150414.jpg

However, when I checked the options I realized that cookies are already enabled:

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-img_20180625_150428.jpg

After that I read an article on your forums and tried to download the apps on my laptop from the browser. However, on the computer I also received another error:

No way of Using the Phone - App World and Update Problem-capture2.png

I am not able to use Facebook, Twitter or any other app because of this problem.

What should I do? How can I fix the problem?

It seems like it is impossible for me to fix the problem, but is there anyone who could help me with the issue?

Thank you!
    06-25-18 04:41 AM
    Do you have an active BlackBerry account with your Carrier?

As for updating... might try this https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...9360-a-731221/

That said... no sure that the apps you want work with BBOS anymore.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-25-18 07:35 AM
    Do you have an active BlackBerry account with your Carrier?

As for updating... might try this https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...9360-a-731221/

That said... no sure that the apps you want work with BBOS anymore.
    Thanks for your response. I already checked the link before. I just can't get how to open an account from the Carrier? I already opened a BB account but what is an active BB account with the carrier?
    06-25-18 10:57 AM
    Thanks for your response. I already checked the link before. I just can't get how to open an account from the Carrier? I already opened a BB account but what is an active BB account with the carrier?
    You pay for it.... your Curve require a special BlackBerry plan from your carrier. Might be more, might be less, might not cost a thing to setup. But it has to be enabled, and they should be able to help you activate your phone.

If they don't offer a "BIS" plan... then you are wasting your time.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-25-18 03:54 PM
    So can't I upgrade my phone without a BIS data plan? Because when I ask the GSM companies in Vietnam, they look at my face like I am an alien. They have no idea about what I ask for. When I tell them BIS Data Plan for BlackBerry, they just look at my face and keep offering me regular data plans.

I already use Wi-Fi but the software doesn't let me upgrade my OS7 neither use anything on the phone.

I guess the phone will be useless.
    06-25-18 09:06 PM
    There are ways to manually download and install an upgraded OS.... but if you don't have a BIS plan, you are very limited in what you can do with the devcie.

This post https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post11347966 might help, but it's outdated too.
    06-26-18 07:06 AM
    So can't I upgrade my phone without a BIS data plan? Because when I ask the GSM companies in Vietnam, they look at my face like I am an alien. They have no idea about what I ask for. When I tell them BIS Data Plan for BlackBerry, they just look at my face and keep offering me regular data plans.

I already use Wi-Fi but the software doesn't let me upgrade my OS7 neither use anything on the phone.

I guess the phone will be useless.
    The whole point of BIS was compressed data, email ran through BIS and browsing was alright when old mobile sites were optimal in old browser. Unfortunately, BBOS and BIS are disliked by and less compatible with carriers in 2018.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-18 09:17 AM
    Thank you! I just got BIS plan from the carrier, but i don't know what e-mail and password i need to enter to "enterprise activation server". What should i do next? I have 4 dots (symbol of BB) next to carrier signal, but need to activate my enterprise service.
    06-26-18 09:35 AM