Anyway to fix this on my own? Anything special I have to do to reattach it? it worked half hanging off before but now it seems like it's off and of course still powered on. So sad
    06-23-18 03:21 PM
    Anyway to fix this on my own? Anything special I have to do to reattach it? it worked half hanging off before but now it seems like it's off and of course still powered on. So sad
    Is it still under warranty? When did you buy it ?
    06-23-18 03:43 PM
    I suggest that you contact BlackBerry Mobile and arrange for replacement as it was an issue for the first batches of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/
    06-23-18 03:48 PM
    Nope not under warranty I bought it over a year ago. Not to worried about a warranty thing more concerned with trying to get it on again. I will be getting a Key 2 when it's available but just need to have something working until then. Just was wondering what is required to get it reattached and working again. I guess I can take it to a third party shop here. (I live in a country that doesn't have a lot of blackberry support channels)
    06-23-18 04:07 PM
    Nope not under warranty I bought it over a year ago. Not to worried about a warranty thing more concerned with trying to get it on again. I will be getting a Key 2 when it's available but just need to have something working until then. Just was wondering what is required to get it reattached and working again. I guess I can take it to a third party shop here. (I live in a country that doesn't have a lot of blackberry support channels)
    If the ribbon cable has even just a small tear in it there is nothing you can do other than to buy a new screen if you are repairing it yourself.

Even though you bought it over a year ago BlackBerry Mobile will surely entertain repair/replacement because they acknowledged it as a fault in their manufacturing process.

Even though you are planning to buy a key² it would be nice to have a backup KEYᵒⁿᵉ!
    06-23-18 04:49 PM
    Sorry about that. As noted, if there's a cable tear, even small, it probably is what is the problem.

As a warning to others - if the screen detaches, secure it with tape or rubber band to prevent a break in the cable. Rubber band is probably not the best as they can work free or roll off or snap.
    06-23-18 06:19 PM
    If the ribbon cable has even just a small tear in it there is nothing you can do other than to buy a new screen if you are repairing it yourself.

Even though you bought it over a year ago BlackBerry Mobile will surely entertain repair/replacement because they acknowledged it as a fault in their manufacturing process.

Even though you are planning to buy a key² it would be nice to have a backup KEYᵒⁿᵉ!
    Ok will do even though I bought it from a non official blackberry retailer? (We call it grey market here in the PH)
    I will see what I can dig up and if there's a chance for some help thanks for everyone's help
    06-23-18 06:35 PM
    So they responded but asking for proof of purchase. Probably have it somewhere but will they really care out of warranty and out of service area?

Just wondering what best strategy is to get them to help

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 03:30 PM
    Just had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. I purchased the KeyOne on its release in the UK and it's been the perfect phone since. I contacted BB via email from there Web link and had a reply within a few hours. they informed me that as it is a known issue they would stand by repairs regardless of age. I sent the phone off to the arranged repairer here in the UK (postage paid by BB) and it was returned within 6 working days Incidentally they replaced with a brand new handset. Hope you get the same first class response. I for one am glad I chose BB 😀
    06-25-18 04:45 PM
    Ok I moved recently looking for the receipts. Was your phone bought from an official BlackBerry vendor?

My issue might be twofold since I'm in a country (philippines) with nno official support as well

Guess can give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-18 05:02 PM
    Purchased via the CPW here in the UK. BB the arranged everything for me, all I had to do was pack the old handset up and post with the prepaid label. I gave them all the info I could with a copy of the receipt. Hope you get some joy 🤞
    06-25-18 05:15 PM
    Ok I moved recently looking for the receipts. Was your phone bought from an official BlackBerry vendor?

My issue might be twofold since I'm in a country (philippines) with nno official support as well

Guess can give it a shot.

Posted via CB10
    You might be able to get a new display for relatively cheap. Any BlackBerry KeyOne display will work, as all versions use the same one. Then see if a phone repair shop can install it for you (if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself).

This may be the easiest and fastest way to get your K1 working.
    06-25-18 06:11 PM