Did anyone else get this notification today?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-08-18 06:45 PM
    got a screenshot?
    06-08-18 08:45 PM
    got a screenshot?
    There's a screenshot in this post,

https://utbblogs.com/bbm-channels-leaving-bb10-behind/
    06-08-18 09:59 PM
    I was a bit confused by the first part of the notification, in terms of if simply channel management would no longer be accessible, or if it meant all channel functionality.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-09-18 06:25 AM
    06-09-18 09:52 AM
    Hmmm. Wonder if the change channel ownership functionality fully works yet?

I would have thought they would be telling channel owners to move their channels to Android BBIDs, and I guess that is what one could interpret from the notification they sent out yesterday. However, the wording didn't really say that. Maybe the number of channels still owned by BB10 BBIDs is very low.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-09-18 11:13 AM
    Hmmm. Wonder if the change channel ownership functionality fully works yet?

I would have thought they would be telling channel owners to move their channels to Android BBIDs, and I guess that is what one could interpret from the notification they sent out yesterday. However, the wording didn't really say that. Maybe the number of channels still owned by BB10 BBIDs is very low.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    i would hope so by now. This is a great kick in the pants to get people off BB10 and into a modern and supported platform
    Ecm, Dunt Dunt Dunt and Carjackd like this.
    06-09-18 12:00 PM
    i would hope so by now. This is a great kick in the pants to get people off BB10 and into a modern and supported platform
    I think there might still be a fair number of channels owned by people with non-NA BlackBerry devices. The notification seemed targeted to BlackBerry device channel owners. It would have been useful if they also provided insight in the notification on how to transfer channels to non-BB10 BBIDs. I still see lots of channels out there with thousands of subscribers, but who knows how many of those channels and subscribers are still active.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-09-18 12:29 PM
    Well, I won't use BBM consumer on Android, so when I'm forced to leave BBM on BB10 I will use a secure platform like Signal to replace it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    jope28 likes this.
    06-09-18 12:45 PM
    Well, I won't use BBM consumer on Android, so when I'm forced to leave BBM on BB10 I will use a secure platform like Signal to replace it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I believe that’s desired response.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-09-18 12:51 PM
    Doesn't the Android BBM app work on BB10?
    06-09-18 12:51 PM
    Doesn't the Android BBM app work on BB10?
    No, won't work. I only have 4 contacts anyway and 3 of those barely use it so not going to be a problem. I could care less about channels. Never used any whatsoever. I'm into simple messaging with maybe a picture thrown in the odd time and that's about it.
    06-09-18 01:01 PM
    No, won't work. I only have 4 contacts anyway and 3 of those barely use it so not going to be a problem. I could care less about channels. Never used any whatsoever. I'm into simple messaging with maybe a picture thrown in the odd time and that's about it.
    You could probably just use email lol
    06-09-18 01:01 PM
    You could probably just use email lol
    sms
    06-09-18 01:08 PM
    sms
    Fax
    06-09-18 01:18 PM
    Fax
    oral
    06-09-18 01:30 PM
    oral
    Who's up for Morse code and smoke signals.

What's Morse for "u up?"

06-09-18 01:36 PM
    Or off BBM which I think will be the more likely reaction from users.
    06-09-18 02:12 PM
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, a BB10 user won't be able to view the profile picture of an Android or iOS user?

The other changes that are happening are not materially affecting me personally but it's still sad to see the continued decline.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-18 05:12 PM
    Or off BBM which I think will be the more likely reaction from users.
    Either way, BlackBerry Ltd doesn’t care. Off BB10 and BBM for BB10 is fine with them. If those people go to BBAndroid and BBM for Android, great!! If not, at this point, I don’t think BlackBerry Ltd cares.
    06-09-18 05:50 PM
    I am enjoying with my Gf Telegram.... I never could care less now for BBM, although I was an heavy user and I loved it. But Chen needs desperately money and its action goes to this direction. Fully understandable, although disappointing!
    06-09-18 06:58 PM
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, a BB10 user won't be able to view the profile picture of an Android or iOS user?

The other changes that are happening are not materially affecting me personally but it's still sad to see the continued decline.

Posted via CB10
    You can't view their profile pictures or join groups that have iOS and Android users in them. If you use Channels that will no longer work either on BBOS/BB10.

Either way, BlackBerry Ltd doesn’t care. Off BB10 and BBM for BB10 is fine with them. If those people go to BBAndroid and BBM for Android, great!! If not, at this point, I don’t think BlackBerry Ltd cares.
    Users moving away from BlackBerry devices and/or BBM would hurt licensing revenue so BlackBerry definitely cares, and so do shareholders. I doubt this decision was made lightly.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...revenue-growth
    06-09-18 07:35 PM
    Are BlackBerry going to delete Groups that contain a mix of BB10/BBOS and Apple and Android users?!?!
    06-09-18 07:55 PM
    Are BlackBerry going to delete Groups that contain a mix of BB10/BBOS and Apple and Android users?!?!
    That’s what it sounds like.
    06-09-18 08:14 PM
    You can't view their profile pictures or join groups that have iOS and Android users in them. If you use Channels that will no longer work either on BBOS/BB10.

Users moving away from BlackBerry devices and/or BBM would hurt licensing revenue so BlackBerry definitely cares, and so do shareholders. I doubt this decision was made lightly.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...revenue-growth
    They’re ok now since they’re losing customers that are losing them money staying customers. These are the people that could have already moved and have chosen to stay. They’re like tenants paying below market rent prices and expecting the landlord to maintain the property. The landlord has leased the property to someone else who doesn’t want tenants. Keeping tenants in another property costs more than rent. Landlord is happy to stop losing money and never see tenants again.
    06-09-18 08:22 PM
60 123