Hi there,
    I recently bought a BlackBerry Bold 9790 and try to get it running. It's my first OS7 device (I had Blackberries before, but with BBOS 10 - it was a mess... )

I've already spoken to my carrier, they activate BIS for me. I also installed the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software on my Mac to update OS7 to the latest OS7.1. And this is the part it becomes tricky...

Spent a couple of hours to get BDS recognize my phone, but it all went well. Now I'm stuck with the update process... It perfectly downloads all the files and then restarts the phone. But apparently the Bold 9790 reboot process is slower than the Desktop Software. So while rebooting I get an error message:

BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to connect to your BlackBerry device.
    Clearly the Bold disconnects for rebooting and isn't fast enough to re-connect again, so the BDS thinks, I pulled the USB cable and aborts the installation process. Is there a workaround for it? How do you manage to update your old Blackberries nowadays?

And another question popped up: Do I understand it correctly that I can't access the internet even with a WiFi connection as long as my BIS option isn't activated? I read something about Service Books, which can't be downloaded until BIS is active.

Sorry for my dumb questions. I hope you can put me in the right direction.
    05-24-18 07:44 AM
    Try a different cable and see if you have the same issue
    05-24-18 09:13 PM
    This thread may be helpful if it’s not related to the cable https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oad-os-857727/
    Last edited by Carjackd; 05-25-18 at 11:24 PM.
    05-24-18 09:20 PM