140.5MB - T-Mobile unlocked, South Florida.
    05-18-18 08:06 AM
    Same here, purchased from ShopBB on TMo aka the best mobile provider!

Edit: ...although I would prefer that TMo whitelist this phone so we can get extended 4GLTE coverage...
    05-18-18 09:55 AM
    Following the May update on 2 DTEK50's some unusual behavior was noticed on one or both phones.

Observed was overheating and delayed stabilization of some apps for several minutes following final reboot. Some installed app icons appeared greyed out on the home screen and/or were not listed in the app drawer, even though Google Play Store showed them as being installed.

Eventually the phone stabilized and returned to normal operation.
    05-18-18 10:26 AM
    Just checked and got the May 1, 2018 security patch, Build AAZ053 for my Amazon purchased (unlocked) DTEK50. My last update was March 5, none for April.
    05-18-18 01:05 PM
    got update today on unlocked from Staples on Telus in Waterloo, ON Canada.
    no issues installing
    also had issues. upon boot it automatically wanted to submit a bug report.
    i had shortcuts of apps that were previously installed but as mentioned were greyed out. app was not installed even though... even though were installed prior to update.
    Had to reinstall from google play
    A few apps also show not greyed out and are installed but Google Play says they are not
    05-18-18 06:27 PM
    the apps reinstalled themselves. must have been the OS removing to allow for space to install update... then auto reinstalled... just needed to give it a few minutes
    05-18-18 06:39 PM
    Have noticed excessive battery drain on both my DTEK50's since the installation of the May security update. No changes to either device.

For example, overnight drain ( no usage) used to be about 7 % and after May update overnight drain is 35%
    05-21-18 09:03 AM
    After missing so many monthly updates my dtek50 has just been updated to the may update. This phone gets really hot when updating. Have not noticed any change to the device yet . Vodafone uk
    05-22-18 06:55 AM
    I have noticed a similar problem after a full charge at night only to find it discharged by morning with about 20% or less remaining. What is draining the battery is still a mystery.
    05-22-18 10:01 AM
    Same here, only thing that has changed is the update, yet, battery now drains literally overnight, with next to no usage?? Lucky to get a day out of battery, whereas before, 2 days was possible.
    Battery drains even when doing nothing, ie left unused on the side for a couple of hours, drops from 95% to 60%.....
    tried a reboot, no difference. Reluctant to do a factory reset AGAIN, as have had to do 3 recently due to problems.
    05-22-18 02:05 PM
    So far no issues with my son's DTEK50 after May update. Battery actually seems improved and stabilized.
    05-22-18 10:21 PM
    Observation: Trusted places under Security settings no longer available after May update.

Update: Mystery reappearance of Trusted places today. I hope that I haven't been getting apparitions on this phone!! Anyway, it seems like BlackBerry may have noticed and restored the missing feature. At least, I'm happy to have my Trusted places functional once more.
    Last edited by Winstorm; 05-25-18 at 02:13 PM.
    05-23-18 10:38 AM
    Observation: Trusted places under Security settings no longer available after May update.
    It's working on my dtek50 and I've just updated to the may patch. However I have noticed on one of the other threads someone else having that issue
    05-23-18 12:14 PM
    What an unexpected surprise!

I have 2 DTEK50's....one lost Trusted Places, and the other retained it following the May update. The one that lost Trusted Places also drains the battery in an extraordinary way, unlike before.

Could it be the update was installed improperly on some devices?
    05-23-18 04:29 PM
    I'm not sure what is meant by improper installation. However, I simply did a typical, straightforward check for updates, followed the instructions to download, restart and patiently wait for the installation to complete.

Also, whilst not quite related to the above issue, I have been experiencing a very rapid decrease of free internal storage space on my DTEK50. I get a low space warning when updating apps from the Play Store. I don't have many apps and I have already removed most of the unused ones but that hasn't helped. Currently, 15.29GB of 16GB is used up and still steadily growing out of free space by the day. I'm reluctant to do this but very soon I'll either have to do a time-consuming factory reset / app restore or upgrade to a new 32GB or 64GB version phone. I was once a very devout BlackBerry user but right now I'm very much disenchanted with BlackBerry's mobile direction. The much anticipated but ill-fated BlackBerry 10 OS as well as rapid demise of associated devices really shattered my hopes. The move to Android hasn't done much to boost low interest in the new devices which don't appear to be useful for more than a year or two. I understand the concept behind BlackBerry’s software-security focus but as a mobile user, I'm really saddened by the current diminished value of hardware (mobile) devices. Anyway, we'll see what happens.
    05-23-18 06:19 PM
    updated AAZ053. china mobile Shanghai .
    05-23-18 11:32 PM
    I have eventually resolved the rapidly diminishing storage issue on my DTEK50. I found out I had unwittingly installed App Backup Restore without considering the consequences. With multiple archived / backup copies of apps being kept on internal storage, the ultimate price is full and out of free space.

The harsh lesson learnt from this is "beware of certain free apps". This one almost broke my storage space cost me a new phone.
    Last edited by Winstorm; 05-26-18 at 09:51 AM.
    05-25-18 03:11 PM
    As reported in #14 of this thread, one of my DTEK50's experienced unexpected behavior following the May update.

On a hunch, I cleared the caches and rebooted the device to see what if any changes might occur.

Surprisingly, Trusted Places reappeared in the menu selection, with previous settings intact, and battery usage (drain) returned to earlier levels (eg overnight loss in power 6%)

I don't know if it was by clearing the cache, or the subsequent reboot, but it was a relief to know the issues were corrected.
    05-27-18 09:12 AM
    AAZ053 received on my TELUS locked DTek 50 this morning No Otafix required.
    05-28-18 07:03 AM
    Just got the May patch as well. Unlocked phone on Koodo network in Canada.
    05-28-18 09:47 AM
    Trusted Places has mysteriously returned, perhaps, after a recent reboot, not sure. Also, the battery has settled back to normal and no longer drains rapidly as noted earlier.
    Ethynil likes this.
    05-29-18 07:00 AM
    Trusted Places has mysteriously returned, perhaps, after a recent reboot, not sure. Also, the battery has settled back to normal and no longer drains rapidly as noted earlier.
    Exactly my experience with these two issues. Gremlins, no doubt!
    05-29-18 09:17 AM