Why does everyone keep clamoring for Oreo in these forums? Are there any special features you have heard that make Oreo better than Nougat? Or is it for security reasons? I'm not trying to sound condescending, just trying to understand the demand.
    05-16-18 10:29 AM
    Why does everyone keep clamoring for Oreo in these forums? Are there any special features you have heard that make Oreo better than Nougat? Or is it for security reasons? I'm not trying to sound condescending, just trying to understand the demand.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.and...on-794696/amp/
    skinnymike1 and Adan Chou like this.
    05-16-18 10:32 AM
    Why don't you want what's new?
    skinnymike1 and Adan Chou like this.
    05-16-18 10:34 AM
    Benefits of Oreo aside, being on top of major updates is a sign of how much the OEM cares about long-term support for their products.
    05-16-18 10:36 AM
    Benefits of Oreo aside, being on top of major updates is a sign of how much the OEM cares about long-term support for their products.
    This!!!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-16-18 10:37 AM
    I said once back in November or December that while I think the keyone is a pile of trash, not having Oreo yet wasn't one of the reasons why.

Afterall, most manufacturers take at least they long, if not longer to roll out a major update.

Now, in May, I may revising my statement. The keyone is a pile of trash AND it doesn't get updates.
    gjh1978, rbtg, melhiore and 2 others like this.
    05-16-18 10:56 AM
    I said once back in November or December that while I think the keyone is a pile of trash, not having Oreo yet wasn't one of the reasons why.

Afterall, most manufacturers take at least they long, if not longer to roll out a major update.

Now, in May, I may revising my statement. The keyone is a pile of trash AND it doesn't get updates.
    Yet after using it for over a year now, I can confidently say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the best BlackBerry-branded device ever made (with the 9900 a close second). (For me *edit for clarity)

Do I, and 94.3% of Android users wish we were on Oreo? Sure. But it's not even near the top of my list of wants in this world.
    Last edited by conite; 05-16-18 at 11:20 AM.
    JWW, TCM01, Stasjuk and 2 others like this.
    05-16-18 10:59 AM
    Yet after using it for over a year now, I can confidently say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the best BlackBerry-branded device ever made (with the 9900 a close second).

Do I, and 94.3% of Android users wish we were on Oreo? Sure. But it's not even near the top of my list of wants in this world.
    I love mine and don't have any desire to change devices, but the KEYone isn't even the best BB devices that I CURRENTLY own. It is certainly the best device for me RIGHT NOW, but a mid tier Android device can only really be just that.
    05-16-18 11:09 AM
    Yet after using it for over a year now, I can confidently say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the best BlackBerry-branded device ever made (with the 9900 a close second).

KEYone isn’t even in my top 5 of Blackberry devices:

1-Bold 9700
    2-Passport SE
    3-Bold 9000
    4-Bold 9900
    5-Curve 8310
    05-16-18 11:12 AM
    KEYone isn’t even in my top 5 of Blackberry devices:

1-Bold 9700
    2-Passport SE
    3-Bold 9000
    4-Bold 9900
    5-Curve 8310
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm not making an objective statement like "the KEYᵒⁿᵉ IS the best" , or "the KEYᵒⁿᵉ IS trash".

I just meant it's the best "for me". I am the last one to argue over people's own preferences. If I ever give that impression, it is accidental.
    05-16-18 11:16 AM
    Yea I like keyone too but it's not my top 5 blackberry device. Hopefully, k2 can do better.
    05-16-18 11:18 AM
    I’m only remotely interested in K2 if it’s confirmed to have IPX68 rating for waterproofing and dust resistance.
    JWW likes this.
    05-16-18 11:19 AM
    I highly doubt it. It would be difficult with pkb set up. BlackBerry motion has ipx67 rating even without pkb.
    I’m only remotely interested in K2 if it’s confirmed to have IPX68 rating for waterproofing and dust resistance.
    05-16-18 11:24 AM
    With 40 holes in the chassis, I probably wouldn't trust it even if it HAD a waterproof rating.
    05-16-18 11:28 AM
    Isn’t Oreo now moot since Android P has already been shown and beta available on some of the flagship android devices (Pixel, Etc).??
    05-16-18 11:31 AM
    Thanks for the link. It was helpful.

Why don't you want what's new?
    That's true.

This clinches it. Thank you.
    05-16-18 11:43 AM
    Isn’t Oreo now moot since Android P has already been shown and beta available on some of the flagship android devices (Pixel, Etc).??
    There are only handful of manufacture with android p beta. I know pixel and essential are the one with android p beta so far. It's shame that company like essential is ahead of us in OS update.
    LCW likes this.
    05-16-18 11:46 AM
    No, assuming a similar trajectory to Oreo, P would be released on Google devices August-September, and make its way to other manufacturers' devices in the months after that. The unusually broad P beta program is a result of things like Treble, or Qualcomm putting special focus on their latest platforms with P; since the KEYone launched with Nougat and its CPU is quite a ways away from latest, neither of those apply.
    LCW likes this.
    05-16-18 11:48 AM
    Based on the Keytwo being around the corner and Keytwo lite specs, I don't think any of Keyone is going to get Oreo update.

Posted via CB10
    RK_BB likes this.
    05-16-18 11:56 AM
    Based on the Keytwo being around the corner and Keytwo lite specs, I don't think any of Keyone is going to get Oreo update.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I hope k2 will come with oreo. I will be pissed if it ship with nougat and get a oreo as final os update.
    05-16-18 12:03 PM
    I agree. I hope k2 will come with oreo. I will be pissed if it ship with nougat and get a oreo as final os update.
    At the moment it barely gets May security update while March and April was skipped so I am with you; I have been saying / thinking it for a while though of course, I would be very happy if proven otherwise.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    05-16-18 12:05 PM
    At the moment it barely gets May security update while March and April was skipped so I am with you; I have been saying / thinking it for a while though of course, I would be very happy if proven otherwise.
    My keyone black edition 001 is still on March security. I am not going to use autoloader because update should be automatic. If we all use autoloader, blackberry will be spoiled and get lazy.
    05-16-18 12:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    We already know it is.
    05-16-18 12:09 PM
    My keyone black edition 001 is still on March security. I am not going to use autoloader because update should be automatic. If we all use autoloader, blackberry will be spoiled and get lazy.
    Lol. That will show 'em.
    skinnymike1 and LCW like this.
    05-16-18 12:09 PM
    KEY2 ships with Oreo.

Google wouldn't permit a launch otherwise as of March 31st.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-16-18 12:10 PM
124 123 ...