On a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate your experience with your PRIV?

On a scale from 1 to 10 how would you rate your experience with the after sales service you had for your PRIV?

Thanks to all for your attention.
    05-15-18 04:24 PM
    I didn't have to have mine serviced. just retired it to backup status after a little over 2 years of use. I'd give it a 7. I liked the pkb and some of the features. had issues with it heating the older it got. the battery was alright. it started having charge port issues and some bizarre behavior before I retired it or is probably still be using it
    05-15-18 04:52 PM
    I would rate the priv as a 6 as my experience with the phone. It's just a smartphone nothing more nothing less. I didn't have any after sales service but I would rate it as a 2 because I bought the phone in November 2017 the phone was EOLed in the next month. Making me a bit upset since I was led to believe that the phone would continue to receive updates in 2017 due to the fact that it made a list put out by Google stating it was one of the most secure and updated phones for 2017
    05-15-18 11:41 PM
    The Priv received an update just last month. Still. In 2018.

No Wai! Wai.
    05-16-18 04:19 AM
    There are yet most PRIV owners (including me). waiting to receive this "mystery" AAW068 update notice????. Still no change list on it available and absolute silence from BlackBerry?
    05-16-18 07:23 AM
    I can understand your feelings. I would have returned the PRIV for a full refund. Very poor indeed.
    05-16-18 07:25 AM
    I rate my experience a 10. never had any problems with the phone. It did what I needed it to when I needed it to. Great phone
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-16-18 08:38 AM
    10!

awesome device and unique, you won't find a better phone.

Have 5 Priv
    anon(10218918) and bqik like this.
    05-16-18 08:46 AM
    I'd say 7.5 out of 10. I came in knowing about the common issues with heating and battery life, so I acted accordingly and optimized it in almost every way possible.

The result? 5+ hours of SOT, consistently .

However, I bought mine last November for a really really good price, had I paid full release date price back in Nov 15', I would have rated it a 4.
    05-16-18 08:56 AM
    Id give it average of 6. It was great at the end but miserable at the beginning. At the end, it suffered from the problem of any two year old device compared with its better replacement.

What hurts its score is being the first Android device from BB. What hurts its replacement (KEYone) is being the first PKB from BBMo and yet that was handled quick and fast.
    05-16-18 09:09 AM
    I would say 8 or 9 for the phone itself. It took some tuning at the start.

No support rating.
    05-16-18 09:44 AM
    I would say 8 or 9 for the phone itself. It took some tuning at the start.

No support rating.
    You Canucks are just way too nice. LOL.... I gave it that only at the end...

Then again, it’s worth extra points for the hand warmer feature up there. Here in Florida, I deducted points for that.....
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 05-16-18 at 10:17 AM.
    05-16-18 10:03 AM
    Keep giving your ratings. Let's see if we can reach 1000+ responses?????
    05-16-18 10:15 AM
    Keep giving your ratings. Let's see if we can reach 1000+ responses?????
    Did it even sell 1,000 units?
    TheGraduate likes this.
    05-16-18 10:18 AM
    You Canucks are just way too nice. LOL.... I gave it that only at the end...

Then again, it’s worth extra points for the hand warmer feature up there. Here in Florida, I deducted points for that.....
    Hyark!

Yes, the "hand warmer" bonus functionality is very popular here in the Frozen Wastelands of the Great White North.

I remember watching the Weather Channel one day where the weather guy from Ottawa (Ontario, the capital city of Our Great Nation) was talking about the "brutal" cold - I think it was -16 C ... At that temperature I'm often still wearing running shoes, haven't even broken out the boots yet!
    Wufts likes this.
    05-16-18 12:10 PM
    Hyark!

Yes, the "hand warmer" bonus functionality is very popular here in the Frozen Wastelands of the Great White North.

I remember watching the Weather Channel one day where the weather guy from Ottawa (Ontario, the capital city of Our Great Nation) was talking about the "brutal" cold - I think it was -16 C ... At that temperature I'm often still wearing running shoes, haven't even broken out the boots yet!
    I was in DC the first week of April. It was 30-40 F all week and I was freezing miserable...
    05-16-18 12:20 PM
    I was in DC the first week of April. It was 30-40 F all week and I was freezing miserable...
    I actually feel a bit sorry for you - we have had a very cool spring in Western Canada - to the point where bee keepers are sounding the alarm - bees are dying off badly, which is NOT good.

Maybe we should be equipping hives with traded in PRIVs ...
    05-16-18 01:56 PM
    I actually feel a bit sorry for you - we have had a very cool spring in Western Canada - to the point where bee keepers are sounding the alarm - bees are dying off badly, which is NOT good.

Maybe we should be equipping hives with traded in PRIVs ...
    I blame non-gmo farmers spraying all kinds of bad stuff (such as Roundup). If you don't think gmo farming is something to fight about, with Gov't, think again. And blame pc for signing the deal with the devil to not ban non-gmo farming.

But if interested in helping bees, submitting bumblebees to the site

https://www.bumblebeewatch.org/

Take pictures. Submit on their site. If you don't know what bee it is, pick anything as eventually they verify it.

There are other sites such as this if you want to find more.
    Qorax likes this.
    05-16-18 02:06 PM
    I blame non-gmo farmers spraying all kinds of bad stuff (such as Roundup). If you don't think gmo farming is something to fight about, with Gov't, think again. And blame pc for signing the deal with the devil to not ban non-gmo farming.

But if interested in helping bees, submitting bumblebees to the site

https://www.bumblebeewatch.org/

Take pictures. Submit on their site. If you don't know what bee it is, pick anything as eventually they verify it.

There are other sites such as this if you want to find more.
    To bring this back in on topic a little, take your bee photos with your Priv. 😁 🐝 🐝. It has a great camera, though a little slow. And, YES, I have taken bee photos with it that came out very well, both honeybee and bumble bee photos. I got some great ones in the Summer of '16 on sunflowers. Why not post a few over in the Priv photo sticky thread. I will do some too.
    I give my Priv 9. I still use it for back up (I have a KEYone). I take off half a point for heating and half for lag. Since it is 2.5 years old, it will not compare it straight across to my KEYone. Since it is older, it has started to lag a bit more. A reboot now and then helps. When it came out it was everything I wanted in a phone. I actually enjoyed "ride" with the improvements that came along incrementally with updates after I bought it at release. would love a Priv2.
    towngirl likes this.
    05-16-18 04:02 PM
    Having had my Priv since launch November 2015, I will give my Priv a 7.5 for overall satisfaction.

I never had any of the issues with excessive heat or the creaky back, and my slider has functioned without any problems.

I have had to to a factory reset a few times and did just recently as it was getting very laggy. I love the form factor and like others would love a Priv 2 with upgraded internals.

I am eagerly waiting to see what TCL/BBMo will be announcing on June 7. This is the longest I have ever gone with any of my prior BlackBerry devices without upgrading.

I only hope that the rumored KEY2 will excite me enough to buy one. If not, then I'm sadly giving serious consideration to crossing over to the Dark Side... No, it won't be an iPhone... 😜

Bob
    Wufts likes this.
    05-16-18 04:12 PM

I only hope that the rumored KEY2 will excite me enough to buy one. If not, then I'm sadly giving serious consideration to crossing over to the Dark Side... No, it won't be an iPhone... ������

Bob
    I may be with you. But then I thought about battery life and security and that is BB.
    The LG ThinQ in Canada comes with a bonus TV if you pre-order heh he
    And I LOVED the purple Galaxy S9 Pro and Raspberry Rose LG 30
    But the later two have more battery problems (from what I've read)
    Oh, that that Huawei P20 Pro with Leica OMG omg omg
    But > > SECURITY. I go back to BB

BB mention to me that KEYtwo should have a great camera. I am hoping so.

The priv has the best camera I ever had on a phone but it doesn't do concerts very well lol

Anyway, I don't care. I am winning a phone from BB which will make up for all the problems my priv cost me LOL.
    Qorax likes this.
    05-16-18 04:40 PM
    I have checked out the Galaxy S9 and it's a pretty nice device... same for the Pixel. But I am so not comfortable enough typing on glass to convince myself I would seriously go that route. Been a PKB user for far too long... 😁

I have confidence and high hopes the KEY2 is going to be a major improvement over the KEYone and I will take the plunge.

It won't be long before we know... 👍

Bob
    05-16-18 05:19 PM
    My evened out rating will be 4, because initial privs were garbage, & several work around and new Privs later, i finally got a priv running cool & being a phone and not being a handwarmer/disposable battery pack.
    05-17-18 03:26 AM
    I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I think TCL may have missed the boat with the release of the new KEY2. Just had a play around with the new One Plus 6 and for around the same price of the Key2, TCL has a failure on their hands.

The new One Plus 6 is in every way from what has been mentioned on the new KEY2 trillion miles ahead in every respect.

I don't think I wrong, but time will be the judge.
    05-17-18 06:38 AM
    I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I think TCL may have missed the boat with the release of the new KEY2. Just had a play around with the new One Plus 6 and for around the same price of the Key2, TCL has a failure on their hands.

The new One Plus 6 is in every way from what has been mentioned on the new KEY2 trillion miles ahead in every respect.

I don't think I wrong, but time will be the judge.
    It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's a matter of what features you value in a smartphone.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ and KEY² are niche devices based around the pkb.

I wouldn't use a OnePlus as my primary device if it was given to me, although it's a great device.
    05-17-18 06:49 AM
99 123 ...