Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 05:24 PM
    Pure and simple for me---the browser is antiquated. That's it as far as I'm concerned. That is the reason I have an android device.
    05-14-18 07:29 PM
    Camera.
    I use iPhone for that.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 05:31 AM
    Pure and simple for me---the browser is antiquated. That's it as far as I'm concerned. That is the reason I have an android device.
    Does using an Android browser like Yubrowser or Opera mini help fill that gap?
    05-15-18 05:39 AM
    The lack of apps was always problematic for me, and using Android ones on my Q10 killed my battery, lagged, and didn't have full functionality. So I just suffered through it. But once the browser stopped working with certain websites that I needed to login to, I was done.
    05-15-18 06:54 AM
    Does using an Android browser like Yubrowser or Opera mini help fill that gap?
    Not good enough for a seemless solution. Cutting and pasting url's from emails instead of direct-linking gets to be a pain. I do have YuBrowser on my Passport.
    05-15-18 07:19 AM
    The thread title implies that you should still be using your BlackBerry 10 device, having found a solution to BlackBerry 10's inadequacy.

Have I misunderstood?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 07:55 AM
    The thread title implies that you should still be using your BlackBerry 10 device, having found a solution to BlackBerry 10's inadequacy.

Have I misunderstood?

Posted via CB10
    In my case, I am still using my Passport (70% of the time) and I am saying that the only solution for ME is to get another device simply because of the browser. For me, there really is no suitable workaround for that shortfall. I have tried every browser known to man/woman (slight exaggeration).
    05-15-18 08:01 AM
    In my case, I am still using my Passport (70% of the time) and I am saying that the only solution for ME is to get another device simply because of the browser. For me, there really is no suitable workaround for that shortfall. I have tried every browser known to man/woman (slight exaggeration).
    Well the problem will always be that the Android Runtime isn't fast, so an Android browser might be sufficient to access the odd broken website but it can never be a default browser (unless you like waiting around for the browser to load).

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 08:09 AM
    Admittedly my browsing needs are simple but Browsie Browser is still working good for me.
    Of course that is temporary in which case hopefully an Android browser will fill the gap for a while.

I anticipate using my Z30 for a long time still - I don't think OS 10 devices will stop functioning after 2019 as some other people do, if you turn off protect and make a backup of your device with link.
    But obviously time will tell.

I can understand if you are a heavy internet app user that BB10 is not working for them.
    I'm more of a stand alone app user though.. like I use a Palm emulator to run old Palm Apps that never used an internet connection
    05-15-18 08:13 AM
    Well the problem will always be that the Android Runtime isn't fast, so an Android browser might be sufficient to access the odd broken website but it can never be a default browser (unless you like waiting around for the browser to load).

Posted via CB10
    Hmm.. I've only used a few android apps yet but it seems fast enough to me.
    05-15-18 08:15 AM
    Hi Oystersourced
    Apologies, for people who choose to use BB10 etc etc

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 09:47 AM
    There was a very similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

For me I had need of Google Hangouts, for keeping in touch at work.
    Despite the fine efforts of the patching folks I just could NOT get Hangouts to work for me - our workplace used dual factor authentication and that seemed to be the pinch point.

So, I ditched my Classic and moved to a PRIV. Android works for me.
    I might be a bit of an anomaly - as a > 35 year IT professional I have had to move operating systems and languages multiple times, so BB10 to Android is just another move for me. It's not a massive deal like it is for many.
    05-15-18 11:04 AM
    Hi Oystersourced
    Apologies, for people who choose to use BB10 etc etc

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea what you are saying. Could you try explaining?

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and BerryRipe like this.
    05-15-18 11:48 AM
    So, for the people who use BB10 what don't you get from the OS and do you have any work around. Not really sure how I can simplify anymore?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 11:54 AM
    So, for the people who use BB10 what don't you get from the OS and do you have any work around. Not really sure how I can simplify anymore?

Posted via CB10
    You know, some people consider BB10 users dinosaur.
    They want to tell you "Why don't you just use Androids instead?"

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 12:05 PM
    Stock browser and Browsie overheating my phone when i browsing sites with JS.
    Someone has the same?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 12:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I understood from your first post thanks, it's your reply I didn't follow.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-15-18 01:00 PM
    This is true for me as well. The Browser is currently the only thing that prevents me from single carrying my BB10 phones. I carry a KEYone primarily for the browser. The reality is that the browser (Firefox Focus) is so good on the KEYone that it's worth carrying for me, and the Hub is so good on BB10 that it's also worth carrying. Neither device is best-in-class for the two activities that drive my mobile use, so I pretty much have to double carry.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-15-18 01:10 PM
    There was a very similar thread a couple of weeks ago.

And a couple weeks before that, and another a couple weeks before that.....

You jump through some hoops and live with some limitations, or you move on (even it that means dual carrying for now).
    05-15-18 01:21 PM
    You jump through some hoops and live with some limitations, or you move on (even it that means dual carrying for now).
    So true! Quite simply if it wasn't worth it for me, I would not do it. If I needed apps, I would not hesitate to ditch my Passport. We all have to move on some day.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-15-18 01:46 PM
    And a couple weeks before that, and another a couple weeks before that.....

Generally that's true, but the details of that analysis vary tremendously from user to user and over time.

For example, 6 months ago, the BB10 Browser experience was adequate for me to single carry my Z10 everywhere. Now, I can sometimes get by with single carrying my Passport, but usually prefer to keep the KEYone in the bag for Web browsing.

It may get boring for people who are already happier, or at least satisfied, in iOS/Android to constantly read about what users still tied to BB10 are thinking about, but it's still a vital part of these forums that doesn't have a "home" in the current forum structure. If CB wants to open a BB10 / Android / iOS comparison forum, we could move all the discussions there, but for now, they are likely to pop up all over the place!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-15-18 01:53 PM
    So true! Quite simply if it wasn't worth it for me, I would not do it. If I needed apps, I would not hesitate to ditch my Passport. We all have to move on some day.
    If the phones do work after 2019.... I wouldn't be surprised five years from now, there won't be a few still using them, and still happy. Still some BBOS users out there, that wouldn't trade their Bold or Curve for one of today's phones.
    05-15-18 01:58 PM
    Admittedly my browsing needs are simple but Browsie Browser is still working good for me.
    Of course that is temporary in which case hopefully an Android browser will fill the gap for a while.

I anticipate using my Z30 for a long time still - I don't think OS 10 devices will stop functioning after 2019 as some other people do, if you turn off protect and make a backup of your device with link.
    But obviously time will tell.

I can understand if you are a heavy internet app user that BB10 is not working for them.
    I'm more of a stand alone app user though.. like I use a Palm emulator to run old Palm Apps that never used an internet connection
    Except Link doesn't work in current builds.
    05-15-18 02:01 PM
    Except Link doesn't work in current builds.
    Oddly, Link is my least worry. It's working fine for me even with my old PlayBook.
    05-15-18 02:05 PM
92 123 ...