My passport did an automatic OS update while I was sleeping last night. This morning it has been stuck at the large circle "Finalizing device setup" stage for hours. Any thoughts?
    04-19-18 06:12 AM
    My passport did an automatic OS update while I was sleeping last night. This morning it has been stuck at the large circle "Finalizing device setup" stage for hours. Any thoughts?
    Are there still OS updates for the Passport?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    04-19-18 07:50 AM
    First thing to do is hold down the power key for about 12 seconds until the red led is seen then release. You may have had a corrupted update and an autoloader or update via BlackBerry Link may be required. If you decide to "wait it out" make sure the Passport is plugged in.
    04-19-18 07:51 AM
    I tried to reboot 3 times already by holding down the power button. it always gets stuck at the same point.
    What do I do with Link to solve this?
    04-19-18 08:38 AM
    Not sure if it was a OS update or if my phone just re-booted in the night. Either way - it isn't booting up properly now.
    04-19-18 08:41 AM
    I tried to reboot 3 times already by holding down the power button. it always gets stuck at the same point.
    What do I do with Link to solve this?
    This does not sound good. If you have BlackBerry Link installed on your PC, does it pop up when you plug your device into your PC? I'm guessing No, so you will probably have to use an autoloader (from the Blackberry OS archives here on CB) and reload. You will lose all of your data I'm afraid so hopefully you have a backup via Link and can restore later. The autoloader will start you fresh and you will have to setup your accounts/email/apps etc as if the device was new. You will also, of course, need to remember your BBID to setup. There are instructions on how to use an autoloader (VERY easy process) on CB forums. You can search for this and also the archive previously mentioned.
    04-19-18 08:50 AM
    Appreciate your reply. I am at work now but will try Link later on and see if I can get her back up and running again. Good thing I have my KeyOne
    Thanks for taking the time to write. J
    04-19-18 09:11 AM
    Appreciate your reply. I am at work now but will try Link later on and see if I can get her back up and running again. Good thing I have my KeyOne
    Thanks for taking the time to write. J
    No problem........Good Luck!
    04-19-18 09:13 AM
    Take your simcard. Reboot again and you will got it

Posted via CB10
    04-20-18 07:43 AM