I got my DTEK60 in May of last year. Overall I have been extremely satisfied, with the one minor caveat being battery life which is okay.

I have been using AccuBattery Pro for the past 20 days. For the Battery Health section it is reporting that the Battery Health is 69% and the Estimated capacity is 2,074 mAh compared to a Design capacity of 3,000 mAh.

Another important thing to note is that I have run the battery down to 0% several times (not intentionally). The last time was a few weeks ago and the battery percentage went from 2% to 1% and then 0% at which point it shut down. I have not experienced any premature battery shut downs like some others have posted about.

Also I made the mistake of charging to 100% until I got the AccuBatttery app 3 weeks ago.

What is the threshold for remaining battery capacity to get it replaced under warranty? I ask because the 1 year warranty runs out next month. I am located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I am also trying to decided if it is worth the inconvenience since the device does work perfectly, asides from the reduced battery capacity. Since the DTEK60 is most like only going to be supported with 2 years of security updates that means October 2018 is the end of the line. I am wonder if it is worth it to send it in for a battery replacement when in 6 months there won't be security updates any more at which point I will be getting a new device (within 2 to 3 months of when security updates stop).

AccuBattery Results.-screenshot_20180418-104143.jpg
    AccuBattery Results.-screenshot_20180418-104149.jpg
    AccuBattery Results.-screenshot_20180418-104153.jpg

P.S.
    If any one has AccuBattery results they would like to post (along with how long they have been using their DTEK60) I would love to see them.
    04-18-18 10:31 AM
    Honestly, in my opinion, it's not worth the hassle. I know you haven't had the device for long, but as it is, I would just get another model, one with Nougat/Oreo.

My DTEK60 hasn't disappointed me either, but the lack of the split screen function is a bummer for me and I still don't like typing on a VKB, plus the battery is showing signs of deterioration after a year or so. I'll be getting myself a KEYone Black Edition in the coming months.

By the way, from what I've read, the "don't charge to 100%" thing is not really proven to be true, it might just be linked to the battery cycle (battery deterioration overtime is supposed to be measured in cycles of use, with A LOT of discussion about the real duration of a cycle). So, if you don't charge to 100%, your consumption won't correspond to a full cycle, thus delaying the cycle deterioration. I've never read anything conclusive about this matter.
    04-18-18 11:07 AM
    My battery started to fail on my Dtek 60 11 months after purchase. I sent in under warranty and it has been back to New like status in the area of performance. This was in November 2017. I did pick up an LG V20 just to experience Nougat but I missed BlackBerry software.. more conducive for business use and upgrade to nougat was barely noticeable for me to go with out BlackBerry software, so I have been using my 60 and Priv (without security updates) as daily drivers until new keytwo shows up.
    Stay off shady sites and do not download apps outside of the playstore and you should be safe without current security update. BlackBerry said they would respond and patch Priv if the need arises.

I would fix it because it is still under warranty and keep it as a backup phone.
    04-18-18 09:39 PM
    Battery manufacturers consider a cell that has lost 20% of its capacity to have failed.

Now what the threshold is for BlackBerry to consider it failed I do not know, but I'd push -- hard -- for them to swap it with the reported capacity down by approximately a third.
    04-19-18 01:19 PM