I've been having connectivity issues with a recently purchased Verizon Certified BlackBerry Classic SQC100-3, purchased off of eBay. The phone was sold "as new" and came in a BlackBerry box and appears to be in new condition. It shipped with OS version 10.3.2.859 858. Upon receipt, I pulled the included Verizon SIM card and fully charged the phone. After that, I turned on the phone, without the SIM, and connected to my home Wi-Fi network. I then updated to the mandatory software update: OS Version 10.3.3.2205 (Software Release 10.3.3.1463). I rebooted the phone with my old SIM card. The update was successful and I proceeded to setup the phone like my old one.

Somewhere along this process, I noticed that I was having intermittent problems sending text messages. This led me to a local Verizon store for assistance and a new SIM card. Additionally, I've called Verizon for technical support and have been told that my account is set up correctly for this new phone.

One thing I've noticed is that when I turn Wi-Fi off, I can see the mobile network status periodically shift between 1X, 3g, 3G, 4glte, or 4GLTE. Also, the BlackBerry 4-dimple logo occasionally disappears. Signal strength remains good. What I'm wondering is if I can update just the radio files on this phone or if I need to do a full autoloader install using either SACHESI or DARCY software?

(I somewhat covered this in another post, but thought this question about updating just the radio files deserved a separate post. Thanks for any help you can provide.)

Lastly, while my OS Version 10.3.3.2205 is the last official Verizon pushed software, there is a newer OS 10 Version 10.3.3.3057 available. Any advice to stay with 2205 or update to 3057?
    Last edited by C-S-R; 03-06-18 at 03:17 PM.
    03-06-18 02:12 PM
    I been having connectivity issues with a recently purchased Verizon Certified BlackBerry Classic SQC100-3, purchased off of eBay. The phone was sold "as new" and came in a BlackBerry box and appears to be in new condition. It shipped with OS version 10.3.2.859 858. Upon receipt, I pulled the included Verizon SIM card and fully charged the phone. After that, I turned on the phone, without the SIM, and connected to my home Wi-Fi network. I then updated to the mandatory software update: OS Version 10.3.3.2205 (Software Release 10.3.3.1463). I rebooted the phone with my old SIM card. The update was successful and I proceeded to setup the phone like my old one.

Somewhere along this process, I noticed that I was having intermittent problems sending text messages. This led me to a local Verizon store for assistance and a new SIM card. Additionally, I've called Verizon for technical support and have been told that my account is set up correctly for this new phone.

One thing I've noticed is that when I turn Wi-Fi off, I can see the mobile network status periodically shift between 1X, 3g, 3G, 4glte, or 4GLTE. Also, the BlackBerry 4-dimple logo occasionally disappears. Signal strength remains good. What I'm wondering is if I can update just the radio files on this phone or if I need to do a full autoloader install using either SACHESI or DARCY software?

(I somewhat covered this in another post, but thought this question about updating just the radio files deserved a separate post. Thanks for any help you can provide.)

Lastly, while my OS Version 10.3.3.2205 is the last official Verizon pushed software, there is a newer OS 10 Version 10.3.3.3057 available. Any advice to stay with 2205 or update to 3057?
    10.3.3.3057 had a couple of minor adjustments to the radio file (mainly indented for Vodafone UK), but maybe it would help.

Try updating using the Blitz file with Sachesi.

https://mega.nz/#!0JZTkRKZ!gVVEQbOjN...nbrzQr7xkjnh_8

This file is smaller, as it's made for those already on 2205.
    03-06-18 02:20 PM
    I have a Z10, and it always had a Verizon specific Radio file... but the Classic was the same across the board.

You can try the Blitz install that conite linked too, if that doesn't work... I'd use an Autoloader an that will wipe the phone and start fresh.
    03-06-18 02:36 PM
    conite, Thank you for the quick reply. I completely backed up my phone and then tried to update with Sachesi v2.0.3 (Windows 10, run as admin) and the Blitz file obtained from the link above. The update completed; however, my intermittent connectivity problems persist.

The Blitz file installed OS: 10.3.3.3057, Radio: 10.3.3.3058, and Software Release 10.3.3.2031. Installing 64 .bar(s), Skipped 4. It took about 20 minutes or so.

Can you give me a link to the latest recommended autoloader in which to start fresh? Thank you.
    03-07-18 01:46 PM
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, Thank you for your reply. It looks like I need to start fresh. If that doesn't work, I guess I have a hardware problem with the radio/s or antenna.

As mentioned earlier, I purchased the phone from an eBay reseller and it was sold as a "new" phone. All items were in the box as expected and the phone had protective tape on the screen, touch-pad and rear camera. Today, when I connected to my phone with Sachesi, the software said the phone had a Refurbished Date of 'Never,' so there's no reason for me to think it was a returned (bad) phone.

One other thing, when I first boot the phone, I can usually send text messages out just fine. Problems occur after the phone's been on for a while.
    03-07-18 02:03 PM
    conite, Thank you for the quick reply. I completely backed up my phone and then tried to update with Sachesi v2.0.3 (Windows 10, run as admin) and the Blitz file obtained from the link above. The update completed; however, my intermittent connectivity problems persist.

The Blitz file installed OS: 10.3.3.3057, Radio: 10.3.3.3058, and Software Release 10.3.3.2031. Installing 64 .bar(s), Skipped 4. It took about 20 minutes or so.

Can you give me a link to the latest recommended autoloader in which to start fresh? Thank you.
    https://mega.nz/#!JZgAwZzK!qJzOq42-_...epUDkBsMFyTF-Q
    03-07-18 02:47 PM
    conite, Thank you. I will give this a try.
    03-07-18 02:59 PM
    OP, for what it's worth, I had a Verizon Classic. Got it on the first day it was available from Verizon. It was Classic for randomly not sending text messages. Over the months I had it, I used full OS autoloaders and radio only autoloaders from various 10.3 versions trying to make it better and swapped sim cards more than once. Nothing ever really cured the random text message failures, except a reboot, where they would all subsequently send and receive until the next failure. Good luck.
    03-07-18 03:02 PM
    OP, for what it's worth, I had a Verizon Classic. Got it on the first day it was available from Verizon. It was Classic for randomly not sending text messages. Over the months I had it, I used full OS autoloaders and radio only autoloaders from various 10.3 versions trying to make it better and swapped sim cards more than once. Nothing ever really cured the random text message failures, except a reboot, where they would all subsequently send and receive until the next failure. Good luck.
    tdyhedge, Thanks for the feedback. My 1st Classic had zero problems sending or receiving text messages with Verizon. It was purchased as a "new" phone from Amazon, back in June, 2017. It was updated to OS Vesion 10.3.3.2205, Software Release 10.3.3.1463, Radio 10.3.3.2206.

One thing I have noticed, the Serial Number of my 2nd (current) Classic seems to precede my 1st (water damaged) Classic. I wonder if something changed during the manufacturing runs that affects radio connectivity for texting?

Classic #1 -- 0862-1292-xxxx
    Classic #2 -- 0861-9015-xxxx

Posted via CB10
    03-07-18 03:22 PM
    conite, I did a security wipe of my phone, and ran the autoloader obtained from the link you provided above. Even with a fresh install of the OS, the connectivity problems persist. This phone switches between 1X, 3G, and 4G LTE, even though I'm in a strong signal area. I plan to return the phone and find another new Verizon Classic, if possible.

Do you think the early production runs of the Classic might not be compatible with v10.3.3.2205 (sr10.3.3.1463) or the latest BB10 OS: v10.3.3.3057 (sr10.3.3.2031)?
    03-08-18 09:35 PM

Do you think the early production runs of the Classic might not be compatible with v10.3.3.2205 (sr10.3.3.1463) or the latest BB10 OS: v10.3.3.3057 (sr10.3.3.2031)?
    I don't think there is enough available data to make any determination.
    03-08-18 10:10 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback and assistance. (By-the-way, after doing a fresh install using the autoloader for v10.3.3.3057(sr10.3.3.2031), the Classic keeps asking me to complete the setup every time it boots. Not sure what's up with that, but it doesn't matter at this point. This phone is going to get security wiped and returned to the seller for a refund.)
    03-09-18 10:25 PM
    Update - I sent my phone back today and ordered another Classic SQC100-3 (Verizon) off of eBay. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work properly when I get it.
    03-16-18 06:01 PM