In the last three days, my battery life has tanked. I am going to try a reset for the handset, but I fear the battery may just have exhausted its charge cycle life.

Has anyone done a battery replacement on this unit - or, alternatively, had a successful repair job? I do technical things, but removing the old battery on the Z30 looks rather daunting. The tear-down doesn't bother me, it's getting the old battery out without twisting it and rupturing the lithium battery in a dangerous way...
    02-23-18 11:16 AM
    Yeah the tear down video for it does show it being a little tricky.... but it is possible, just heat it a little.

If you wanted to buy one and have someone with the tools do it, I'm sure most repair shops would take care of it.

It's a question of how much do you want to "invest" in a four year old phone...
    02-23-18 11:32 AM
    I know...not a lot, is the answer, I have a Galaxy 6 I can use. I just hate to give up the elegance of the BB10 operating system for Android...ugh. BB10 has so many good things. It may be time to move on, though.
    02-23-18 11:45 AM
    Look on ebay and amazon new z30 that are nos also saw walmart still had z30 80 dollars new

Posted via CB10
    02-25-18 07:42 AM
    I needed to replace my Z30 battery when it swelled up. I bought one from Amazon for about $15 and installed it myself. There are tutorial videos on YouTube on how to safely open a Z30. Good luck.
    03-12-18 03:44 AM
    You can get a whole new rear housing with battery from etradesupply currently only $11.27 (plus shipping) - OEM parts and a much easier swap than wrangling the battery loose. Very easy to move your parts over to it, plus the benefit of a nice new rear housing/chin/etc. Available for the 4G unit only though.

Richard
    04-19-18 10:08 AM
    My sim slot damage.....

Posted via CB10
    05-16-18 01:16 AM
    i have bought the battery from etradesupply and did the repair for myself in no time, purchase the battery/ frame from etradesupply if you cant do it ill gladly do it for you only for return postage.
    06-18-18 03:54 PM