Alright guys, so I use my phone with a speaker at work and love that if you plug something into the headphone jack you can access local radio. Problem is it never works on my classic. I have a q10 I have had to be bringing with me and it works every time. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions on how I can figure out the problem??

Posted via CB10
    02-22-18 06:51 AM
    Alright guys, so I use my phone with a speaker at work and love that if you plug something into the headphone jack you can access local radio. Problem is it never works on my classic. I have a q10 I have had to be bringing with me and it works every time. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions on how I can figure out the problem??

Posted via CB10
    Hard to say.

Reload your OS?
    02-22-18 08:30 AM
    I would start with plugging in headphones on the classic first to see if you get sound in lieu of the speaker. Although I don't own a classic, I find on my bb10 phones that sometimes you have to turn the mobile network on even if you don't have a Sim card so that the fm radio can locate your area.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-18 08:52 PM
    I would start with plugging in headphones on the classic first to see if you get sound in lieu of the speaker. Although I don't own a classic, I find on my bb10 phones that sometimes you have to turn the mobile network on even if you don't have a Sim card so that the fm radio can locate your area.

Posted via CB10
    Ya I get sound on the classic use the music player all the time. Q10 is my backup device that I carry around when I want to use the radio feature and I have to turn the network on even though there is no sim for it to find the region. I will try re loading the operating system when I get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-18 06:23 AM
    Ya I get sound on the classic use the music player all the time. Q10 is my backup device that I carry around when I want to use the radio feature and I have to turn the network on even though there is no sim for it to find the region. I will try re loading the operating system when I get a chance.

Posted via CB10
    If the radio is coming up as a valid option, it should be working. But you must have a headset plugged in to get it to work (headset doubles as a radio antenna). That means that it will never work with the built-in speaker.

Note that a cable from your Classic to an external speaker (and amp) should technically work, I’ve done that and got excellent quality on a digital recorder, should be excellent for a speaker (and amp).

But if that’s not working for you, you should confirm that there’s enough radio signal to be received. I use it on the way during my daily commute, but even outside of NYC the signal strength drops off real quick (as I’m traveling away from the city). Good luck.
    03-04-18 11:31 PM
    Well I reloaded the OS and the first five or so times that I tried it it would scan but not get any stations (my q10 would get a bunch in the exact same location). I gave up on the classic being able to run the radio and brought the q10 with me to work again today and was using that. I switched over to my classic to listen to the music on my phone and just for kicks tried the radio and this time it worked great for some reason. I'm hoping it continues this way will test it out some more this week. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-18 06:39 PM
    So I have tried using the radio some more this past week and it's been hit or miss but usually a miss. I had it working a couple times but for the most part when I scan for stations it either go into forever scan mode or it comes back and says there are no stations. I know that there should be some stations because I get lots with the q10 in the same spot. Guess I will just enjoy it when it works.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 06:22 PM