02-15-18 08:04 PM
    It's a portable battery, plug your phone into it to charge on the go.
    towngirl likes this.
    02-15-18 08:59 PM
    Thanks. Definitely not want I wanted lol.

I need a battery. Mine only last for a few months. It runs so hot... much more hot than it used to. Drains the battery every few hours.
    02-15-18 09:06 PM
    A few months?
    Doubt a new battery will help, you need to figure which app(s) setting(s) are causing problems.
    02-18-18 07:20 AM
    I have checked all of that out. it runs hot, which it never used to. so it runs the battery out. maybe an update cased it to run hot, not sure.
    02-18-18 07:58 AM
    I have checked all of that out. it runs hot, which it never used to. so it runs the battery out. maybe an update cased it to run hot, not sure.
    Its doubtful... wipe it and add back only what you use one by one to find the culprit... the PRIV overheats when overburdened... apps you don't need can be disabled for stock items and backed up to storage card and deleted for seldom used... I have my priv working cool now... sadly my usb is broken so she sits on a QI stand as backup...
    02-18-18 04:16 PM
    It just did a factory reset about 3 weeks ago.

I have about have apps that I did
    02-18-18 06:03 PM
    If you have a misbehaving or not completely compatible app, and you reload it after a reset or autoload, it will continue to cause the same problems.
    An app update can cause a previously good app to go rouge, you may not have even noticed the update, (assuming that you are set for auto update).
    A dying battery is typically not capable of generating much heat, or for very long. A defective battery can do that, but defective batteries are rather rare.
    - Your best bet is to turn off autoupdate / reload, (you have to do that on the playstore/google site) then run an autoloader. Then optimize the phone for battery life. After that download only those those apps that you MUST have for the next 3 or 4 days. No social app is a must have for a couple days, specially since the they are most often the culprit. (If you can't live without social apps for a few days, you need to buy an iPhone.)
    If the phone runs OK, start adding your apps back, one every 2 days, till you find the problem.
    Or, you can take a crapshot and replace battery, assuming you can find one.
    towngirl likes this.
    02-19-18 07:06 AM
    I have turned off. Not sure what an autoloader is but I will look for one on the play store.
    I did get Cooler Master the other day to it is telling me when it’s hot and to cool it.

This is my third battery. Maybe it’s a bum one. They are hard to find but there was a store near me, that can order them. I might try that if your suggestions don’t work.

I do see that Snapchat seems to be running hard on the battery. Which must be their updates as it was fine, before.

Actually, Cooler Master says over heating apps are:
    Messenger, Snapchat, Word, Excel and a few more. It coolers them down but not sure for how long.

Thanks!
    02-19-18 08:33 AM
    It just did a factory reset about 3 weeks ago.

I have about have apps that I did
    Try to reset twice or thrice.
    02-19-18 08:39 AM
    I have turned off. Not sure what an autoloader is but I will look for one on the play store.
    I did get Cooler Master the other day to it is telling me when it’s hot and to cool it.

This is my third battery. Maybe it’s a bum one. They are hard to find but there was a store near me, that can order them. I might try that if your suggestions don’t work.

I do see that Snapchat seems to be running hard on the battery. Which must be their updates as it was fine, before.

Actually, Cooler Master says over heating apps are:
    Messenger, Snapchat, Word, Excel and a few more. It coolers them down but not sure for how long.

Thanks!
    3rd battery?? .I think you have to replace this one too. Better buy a new phone with min 2 GHz processor.
    towngirl likes this.
    02-19-18 08:42 AM
    3rd battery?? .I think you have to replace this one too. Better buy a new phone with min 2 GHz processor.
    Well... the blackberry priv said:

"• 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
    802.11a/c 5GHz
    802.11a/n 5GHz"

Not that I know a lot, but it makes people like me thing it is 2 GHz lol

Hopefully my next BB will be.

I am waiting to see what phones come out this year and maybe buy one.

Didn't really like the KEYone. The dtek60 was my fav but it didn't last long. No more slider phones - NO CASES!!

Albert Designs had his own concept that was awesome. Hopefully they make this phone but it would be a long time coming out.

Really not sure what to buy.
    Gokulraj gr likes this.
    02-19-18 10:58 AM
    Ya, my priv is running out of protective cover.
    02-20-18 04:46 AM
    My priv had the similar hot issue. After the battery changed, the problem solved.
    have you tried to switch your phone to airplane mode? Sometimes wireless connections consume the energy a lot.
    02-20-18 06:41 AM
    I have spent enough on batteries I could have bought a new phone 😞

not sure I will spend more money on a new one.

like.. how many batteries do for one freaking phone. obviously, there is some sort of problem with the phone
    02-20-18 06:49 AM
    obviously, there is some sort of problem with the phone
    Yep, but that doesn't rule out apps and settings, as those become part of the phone.
    I would have given up on the phone after the 2nd battery.
    02-20-18 07:48 AM
    Yep, but that doesn't rule out apps and settings, as those become part of the phone.
    I would have given up on the phone after the 2nd battery.
    My husband spent $1,000 as a gift for Xmas. Could not just give it up. lol

I shut all apps of and now have less. Did factory reset. Have less the apps.

They only thing that remotely works is turning on battery saver which I don't really like because it dims the screen and I like it bright.
    02-20-18 07:55 AM
    Bright screen will wear down the battery quick
    Before the updates happened priv ran hot as hell. After the updates it got itself sorted.
    A grand for a priv recently??
    02-20-18 08:39 AM
    A grand for a priv recently??
    No. The Christmas it was first on the market in Canada.
    02-20-18 01:13 PM
    A dying battery is typically not capable of generating much heat, or for very long. A defective battery can do that, but defective batteries are rather rare.

Or, you can take a crapshot and replace battery, assuming you can find one.
    I am going to say it was a bum battery. I just replace this one. It was double the price of my old one which I pay $30ish for.
    This guy said there is no one was was $30ish bucks as it costs us more than that, to buy it. It must have been after market battery.

So.... it probably was no good.

One more battery until a BB 2018 phone comes out, that I like

Hope this works!
    02-22-18 03:32 PM
    a hundred and five bucks on a battery and it is still acting the same way 😞.
    02-23-18 03:36 PM
    See #6 and 8 above. An autoload, NOT a factory reset.
    Do NOT install coolermaster, any type of anti virus or battery saver, or app killer.
    02-23-18 08:27 PM
    See #6 and 8 above. An autoload, NOT a factory reset.
    Do NOT install coolermaster, any type of anti virus or battery saver, or app killer.
    Can you suggest an autoloader?

I got rid of coolmaster.
    02-23-18 10:12 PM
    First, read and understand this.
    Using Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on the BlackBerry device powered by Android
    Then, read and understand this
    How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS
    Then go into your Google Play app and turn OFF automatic reloading of downloaded apps. This is not a phone setting, it must be done on Google Play app. (Open Play Store, tap the 3 bar icon just to the left of "Google Play" in the search bar, scroll up to settings, tap that , tap 'auto- update apps', set to 'do not auto-update'.)

If you set up your SD as encrypted, internal or adopted, revert it to external storage before reloading OS. Do not remove it. Then make sure what ever you want to keep is backed up to the Google cloud, as reloading will erase everything.

Then go here, download the appropriate file and load it onto the phone.
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload

Then, change the phone and app settings for good battery life. Plenty of threads here on how to do that. Disable any apps you don't want or use.
    Then run the phone for 3 days without downloading ANY apps. If the phone still isn't right, you have a hardware problem. If the phone runs OK, you can start reloading your apps, one every 2 days.
    towngirl likes this.
    02-24-18 07:22 AM
    First, read and understand this.
    Using Factory Reset Protection (FRP) on the BlackBerry device powered by Android
    Then, read and understand this
    How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS
    Then go into your Google Play app and turn OFF automatic reloading of downloaded apps. This is not a phone setting, it must be done on Google Play app. (Open Play Store, tap the 3 bar icon just to the left of "Google Play" in the search bar, scroll up to settings, tap that , tap 'auto- update apps', set to 'do not auto-update'.)

If you set up your SD as encrypted, internal or adopted, revert it to external storage before reloading OS. Do not remove it. Then make sure what ever you want to keep is backed up to the Google cloud, as reloading will erase everything.

Then go here, download the appropriate file and load it onto the phone.
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload

Then, change the phone and app settings for good battery life. Plenty of threads here on how to do that. Disable any apps you don't want or use.
    Then run the phone for 3 days without downloading ANY apps. If the phone still isn't right, you have a hardware problem. If the phone runs OK, you can start reloading your apps, one every 2 days.
    So, I didn't do the Reload which gives a file for drivers. Should I install that now?

But I had already downloaded apps by allowing it to Google Play to do it.
    02-24-18 01:48 PM
35 12