Sorry for the post spam, I looove this phone. I finally got time to put my SIM in it, and used a Nano sim to full sim adapter. I saw the article and CBK's video, but I thought I would be careful when taking out the card and be OK. The nano sim card came out from the adapter when I inserted it, and the adapter pulled out 2 gold pins. Can't get it out by shoving paper under it. Soooo yeah. 😧 Anyone have any amazing solutions?
    01-26-18 05:29 PM
    Will make a nice paper weight and conversational piece. Unless you've fantastic soldering skills. Sorry for your loss.
    01-26-18 07:58 PM
    Nothing can be done now other than replacing the SIM reader, but that may cost too much depending where you are.

Next time, if you use a SIM adapter, cut open the back end so when it won't catch the pins when pulling out. If the adapter is the back covered type, put a tiny bit of double side sticky tape on the back and spread it out to thin it dow. That will keep the SIM in place. If it is not back covered type, use a bit of sticky tape to keep the SIM in position.

To prevent the SIM adapter from catching the SIM pins, use some thin flexible plastic such as old film from a camera. It will take some time and patience though.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-18 10:34 AM
    I just bought a "broken" 9810 from ebay. The previous owner's sim was stuck in it and he couldn't remove it from the sim tray so he sold it as is for basically nothing but shipping. It took me...oh.... 20 seconds to remove the sim intact. I just used a paperclip to apply pressure on the sim and slide it out.

You could try a paperclip and steady pressure to remove the sim. If the pins are broken though, then the sim reader is done, although you could try to replace it if you have the skills.

I use a 9900 normally, and the sim is ALWAYS sliding out of the sim adaptor when removing or inserting. The trick is to do it slowly and adjust the sim's position in the adaptor. Paperclip is my best friend!
    02-05-18 07:03 PM