Ok, not trying to start a 'war' just looking for some info to educate myself.

Can someone please tell me what the 'fuss' is all about regarding WiFi calling? I'm guessing is routing your calls automatically from cel to WiFi without you knowing.

But with you have a lot of minutes and unlimited weekend and evenings, it's a moot point correct?

Voice quality is not better on WiFi is it?

I found the few times I tried it on someone else's phone as a test, the call sometimes drops and to me it's not as clear.

Just wondering what all the hype is about. I see threads posted of people complaining their network doesn't support the K1 despite the hardware being capable.
    01-21-18 07:33 PM
    The biggest advantage that I know of us when you have poor cell signal. We used to have TMobile which had bad cell reception in our area, but if we had good wifi, calls weren't a problem.
    01-21-18 07:38 PM
    I just posted a question about wifi calling in another thread.

Essence of my question (T-mobile on that phone) - it appears that you still get charged/dinged for wifi calls out of your normal allowance. I guess I had thought that using wifi (say from europe) was a way to avoid the costs and minute allotment being used. But as Emaderton notes, it is intended to get around poor cell coverage if you have a wifi connection that can be used.

Or..... is there more info that might fill out my uninformed knowledge?
    01-21-18 08:26 PM
    I just posted a question about wifi calling in another thread.

Essence of my question (T-mobile on that phone) - it appears that you still get charged/dinged for wifi calls out of your normal allowance. I guess I had thought that using wifi (say from europe) was a way to avoid the costs and minute allotment being used. But as Emaderton notes, it is intended to get around poor cell coverage if you have a wifi connection that can be used.

Or..... is there more info that might fill out my uninformed knowledge?
    For me as a traveller, what I found that works best for me - and saves me time and money - when I travel is I use my personal mobile WiFi hotspot.

Before boarding my plane out of the country, I call forward my cell calls to my skype account and turn on airplane mode.

When I land, I keep airplane mode on but turn on my WiFi on the phone and my mobile WiFi hotspot. The connection is made and I get all my data and calls thru WiFi.

It's convenient and cheap.

Also use viber and whatsapp calls and it's clear and reliable.

No need to rely on your mobile network's WiFi calling which they will charge you extra for (or roll it into your plan)
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-18 10:19 PM
    Where I work there are 2 metal buildings and a cellar with WiFi signal due to router placement. However cell signal doesn't reach. For anyone, Verizon AT&T or t-mobile. In those situations wifi calling helps a lot. Also text messaging works over wifi as well so that's helpful.
    01-23-18 02:24 AM