It's with a heavy heart that I must say good bye to Priv and perhaps Blackberry phones all together.

I've been a customer since the 7130c, the World phone, Bold 9900, Z10, Passport, Torch (almost forgot that one), and now Priv.

The Priv has left a bad taste in my mouth, I think I had that phone for about a year before the battery and the phone would just give out on me. I'm sure the Keyone and Motion are solid phones but I now have my eye on the one plus 5t after doing much research.

Perhaps I didn't need to write this but man it's been a tougher decision due and there's sentimental feeling of rocking with blackberry for so long, through all the teases from friends and weird looks. I was hoping to hear more about the Key 2 but I'm in desperate need of a new phone since my Priv barely lasts 2 hours.

Anyway...deuces
    Qorax and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-18 08:35 PM
    and the playbook! which i still have and was still using lol...
    01-20-18 08:36 PM
    It's with a heavy heart that I must say good bye to Priv and perhaps Blackberry phones all together.

I've been a customer since the 7130c, the World phone, Bold 9900, Z10, Passport, Torch (almost forgot that one), and now Priv.

The Priv has left a bad taste in my mouth, I think I had that phone for about a year before the battery and the phone would just give out on me. I'm sure the Keyone and Motion are solid phones but I now have my eye on the one plus 5t after doing much research.

Perhaps I didn't need to write this but man it's been a tougher decision due and there's sentimental feeling of rocking with blackberry for so long, through all the teases from friends and weird looks. I was hoping to hear more about the Key 2 but I'm in desperate need of a new phone since my Priv barely lasts 2 hours.

Anyway...deuces
    I went from PRIV to DTEK. Since BBMo is technically a different company, I'm giving one chance with a KEYone. I bought through AT&T for warranty protection. So far so good.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 01-21-18 at 06:07 AM.
    01-20-18 08:37 PM
    I went from PRIV to DTEK. Since BBMo is technically a different company, I'm giving once chance with a KEYone. I bought through AT&T for warranty protection. So far so good.
    I finally want to be up to par with other top phones. I think the Keyone would be fine but for the same amount I can get a fancier phone and tbh, I can now alternate between physical and digital . I say all this now, who knows maybe I'll be back....but the Priv definitely didn't give me the same quality feel that my previous BB phones gave me. My z10 still works and I use that if something happens to my phones. I would probably sitll have my passport if it didn't get knocked out my hand and stolen in Amsterdam

like you said, since it's technically TCL - I def don't feel it's the same quality company behind it. I'm just disappointd in the motion specs for the price (outside of the battery)
    01-20-18 08:42 PM

Anyway...deuces
    Go with the OnePlus 5T, you won't be disappointed. I left BlackBerry in 2014, shelved my Z10 for a OnePlus One, and never looked back.
    perfectson and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    01-20-18 08:58 PM
    Go with the OnePlus 5T, you won't be disappointed. I left BlackBerry in 2014, shelved my Z10 for a OnePlus One, and never looked back.
    You dang traitor!
    Qorax and Mecca EL like this.
    01-20-18 09:54 PM

appreciate. So you still on here to see what BB is up to? I'm a stock holder so it'll be hard to stay away from the good news on here
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-20-18 10:51 PM
    I finally want to be up to par with other top phones. I think the Keyone would be fine but for the same amount I can get a fancier phone and tbh, I can now alternate between physical and digital . I say all this now, who knows maybe I'll be back....but the Priv definitely didn't give me the same quality feel that my previous BB phones gave me. My z10 still works and I use that if something happens to my phones. I would probably sitll have my passport if it didn't get knocked out my hand and stolen in Amsterdam

like you said, since it's technically TCL - I def don't feel it's the same quality company behind it. I'm just disappointd in the motion specs for the price (outside of the battery)
    The quality of the KEYone seems decent. I've been using BB since the pager device (950/957) I remember trading up to an 8700 from a 7290. From a quality perspective, it went down from there.

Every device since then, has been lighter and capabilities have been increased on each device until BB10. Those devices were OK, but they never could do everything well because of the limited app ecosystem. At this some point, all the devices blend together.

The quality of each device was more about capabilities and less about durabilities since phones had replacement insurance. The most I've ever paid at time for a phone was LG G2. For Android, that's my benchmark. I was forced into buying that device since my Q10 left me needing a better dual carry device at time. I own every BB10 device made but the PRIV was the game changer. First attempt device with Android but it did the job.

I only dual carry now for cheap second number for you other business reason. Inexpensive Alcatel device. A30 Plus that is dirt cheap inexpensive. From PRIV, I went DTEK and now KEYone. Both DTEK were a major disappointment from quality perspective. That's why I'm giving KEYone just one chance. So far so good.
    01-21-18 06:36 AM

Anyway...deuces
    Pretty much my BlackBerry story as well... started with the 7130c and have had every BlackBerry device over the years except a Passport. Yes, a PlayBook too.

I'm still hanging on with my 2+ year old Priv hoping TCL/BBMo releases an upgraded KEYone or a Priv 2 in 2018. I'm currently exploring my options and the OnePlus 5T and Pixel 2/2XL are considerations.

If TCL/BBMo doesn't release a device in 2018 that really excites me, as their current offerings do not, I will unfortunately be forced to move on and abandon BlackBerry.

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-21-18 at 02:47 PM.
    perfectson and Mecca EL like this.
    01-21-18 07:36 AM
    I manage with the priv, although I've only used it a little over 4 months.
    Battery life is great atm as I'm in military service and have around 30min of time to use the phone daily [spoiler] [/spoiler]
    Hopefully BBMo does well so i can hopefully upgrade to a new pkb device in 2020-21.
    Qorax and valer466 like this.
    01-21-18 10:03 AM
    Just make sure if you buy it, you use PayPal lol.

https://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...it-card-breach
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-22-18 01:52 PM
    Definitely use PayPal like I did when moving to the OnePlus 5T. Like Me a El said, it is a great phone and the company is responsive to its customers. Sadly their payment system got hacked but they quickly addressed the issue, notified customers thru email, and do support their devices with updates.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-23-18 12:10 PM
    I still like the Priv. And the Priv battery lasts for ages on standby.

I will admit that it can't compete with a burning Note 7 for actual usage time, but remember it was just an experiment (and an experiment that didn't go well). But I still think the form factor is excellent and quirky. Now if you'll excuse me I have to send a short text message and I've only got 75% charge left.
    Attached Thumbnails Good bye - Priv-10220.jpg  
    Qorax likes this.
    01-24-18 01:28 PM
    You dang traitor!
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I'm always family.
    01-24-18 01:39 PM
    appreciate. So you still on here to see what BB is up to? I'm a stock holder so it'll be hard to stay away from the good news on here
    I've been using that BlackBerry 10 style Launcher, that at Zinq made, so while I keep up with the latest updates, I browse through. Paid user of the Hub+ app suite, so I still show some support. I miss Thor.
    newcollector likes this.
    01-24-18 01:42 PM
    Just make sure if you buy it, you use PayPal lol.

https://www.androidcentral.com/onepl...it-card-breach
    You know it, home skillet!!!
    valer466 and newcollector like this.
    01-24-18 01:43 PM
    Pretty much my BlackBerry story as well... started with the 7130c and have had every BlackBerry device over the years except a Passport. Yes, a PlayBook too.

I'm still hanging on with my 2+ year old Priv hoping TCL/BBMo releases an upgraded KEYone or a Priv 2 in 2018. I'm currently exploring my options and the OnePlus 5T and Pixel 2/2XL are considerations.

If TCL/BBMo doesn't release a device in 2018 that really excites me, as their current offerings do not, I will unfortunately be forced to move on and abandon BlackBerry.

Bob
    Same here. If they don't release a Priv2 or upgrade the OS in 2018, will be game over for several priv owners.

BlackBerry please listen to your people!!!
    anon(10218918) and Qorax like this.
    01-24-18 03:50 PM
    I'm always family.
    That is correct!
    newcollector likes this.
    01-24-18 05:05 PM
    Already moved on to the Essential Phone, so much better than the PRIV, never considered the K1 or Motion, goodbye Blackberry.
    newcollector likes this.
    01-30-18 09:46 PM
    Same here. If they don't release a Priv2 or upgrade the OS in 2018, will be game over for several priv owners.

BlackBerry please listen to your people!!!
    If anyone honestly believes there will be a Priv 2 i have some great investment ideas to pitch.
    01-30-18 10:59 PM
    Already moved on to the Essential Phone, so much better than the PRIV, never considered the K1 or Motion, goodbye Blackberry.
    Enjoy the slab
    01-31-18 06:42 AM
    Enjoying it immensely actually. Have had it for a week and thus far it is the best smartphone I've ever owned. I have a Curve 9300, Z10, Z30, Passport and PRIV. The Essential is a better device than all of them. Still miss BB10, but since I've moved to Android the PH-1 has made me realize that a good processor makes a world of difference. I have a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus that has the same SD 625 used in the K1 and Motion. I would not be happy with that CPU in my phone as it has some lag. Granted it only has 2GB of RAM. For $460 CDN, I would recommend the Essential Phone over any current BlackBerry Mobile device. Will be replacing my daughters Z30 and the hand me down Z10 my wife is using for the PH-1 very soon.
    01-31-18 09:28 AM
    Enjoying it immensely actually. Have had it for a week and thus far it is the best smartphone I've ever owned. I have a Curve 9300, Z10, Z30, Passport and PRIV. The Essential is a better device than all of them. Still miss BB10, but since I've moved to Android the PH-1 has made me realize that a good processor makes a world of difference. I have a Lenovo Tab 4 Plus that has the same SD 625 used in the K1 and Motion. I would not be happy with that CPU in my phone as it has some lag. Granted it only has 2GB of RAM. For $460 CDN, I would recommend the Essential Phone over any current BlackBerry Mobile device. Will be replacing my daughters Z30 and the hand me down Z10 my wife is using for the PH-1 very soon.
    Just got the beta 3 Oreo update on my 5T. An option offered is getting rid of the navigation buttons and replacing them with swipe gestures. Shades of BB10!!
    01-31-18 10:25 AM
    Read about that on Android Central yesterday. Was also considering the 5T but the low resolution screen, and security concerns held me back. Will join the next AMA with Essential and ask for the gesture to be considered on a future update.
    01-31-18 11:21 AM