I'm not sure about my noghat update of dtek 50 . I'm about too loose hope, I got the phone hoping greater updates for the very first Android phone of blackberry. But they are busy in release of newer phones rather than the customer satisfaction and their core work as software company.
    01-13-18 08:32 PM
    I'm not sure about my noghat update of dtek 50 . I'm about too loose hope, I got the phone hoping greater updates for the very first Android phone of blackberry. But they are busy in release of newer phones rather than the customer satisfaction and their core work as software company.
    Move on achuth102...not gonna happen.
    01-13-18 08:36 PM
    OMG
    01-13-18 08:39 PM
    I have DTEK50 and DTEK60. No update to Nougat expected. Buy KEYone or Motion.
    01-13-18 08:50 PM
    "Buy the new one" seems to be BlackBerry's update path for device owners; let's see if they keep it up with the KEYone and Motion.
    01-13-18 08:59 PM
    "Buy the new one" seems to be BlackBerry's update path for device owners; let's see if they keep it up with the KEYone and Motion.
    The PRIV was OK. I'll give a pass on the DTEK. The KEYone and Motion will decide things going forward as BBMo/TCL first total devices.
    01-13-18 09:14 PM
    Not many ;-)
    01-14-18 05:38 AM
    Not many ;-)
    I've moved from not many to not any. My DTEK have been retired..
    01-14-18 07:02 AM
    I've moved from not many to not any. My DTEK have been retired..
    Still use mine at home the odd time as I use it for the smart plug devices and amazon echo etc. But constantly rocking with the passport ( while I still can). Hoping that one of the next new pkb devices will be more like the passport .

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 09:28 AM
    Still use mine at home the odd time as I use it for the smart plug devices and amazon echo etc. But constantly rocking with the passport ( while I still can). Hoping that one of the next new pkb devices will be more like the passport .

Posted via CB10
    Keep telling you guys, ya gotta compromise on the dimensions for the ratio issue. Plus, they'll base what they make on what's sold in the past. Good or bad, the old BB model is dead. Q10/Classic style phone sold a lot more devices than Passport.
    01-14-18 11:03 AM
    No harm in hoping!

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 01:48 PM
    Let's be honest here, shall we??
    They can't even get the updates out on time, and installing correctly, so the chances of ANY sort of OS upgrade are ZERO....Support is a joke, and their 'warranty' basically worthless (read all the complaints on this site!!)
    Even their 'own' phones, (Keyone and Motion) are struggling with updates, currently 'piecemeal' at best!!
    There is more chance of you catching the regular lunar shuttle, than BB/TCL/BBMo giving you an OS upgrade on the Dteks, that's for CERTAIN!!
    adonesc likes this.
    01-15-18 04:13 AM
    No Nougat to DTEK 50. Way too far down the line now. They want to sell new phones.
    It's going the way of OS10 for PlayBook
    elfabio80 and adonesc like this.
    01-17-18 06:41 PM
    Nougat??? I'm still waiting for December patch!!! Next year I'll get a new phone, probably BlackBerry but has to have a sufficient battery.
    adonesc likes this.
    01-19-18 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    You know.. I would be surprised frankly if TCL made another pkb phone this year. Even amongst the BlackBerry community I feel the numbers are dwindling. Going the way of the Dodo bird I'm afraid. I could go to a pkb phone easily but it's not my first choice now?
    01-21-18 07:29 PM
    You know.. I would be surprised frankly if TCL made another pkb phone this year.
    You shouldn't REALLY be surprised. They already announced two new pkb devices are coming lol. - https://crackberry.com/expect-least-...artphones-2018
    falbo likes this.
    01-22-18 02:48 PM
    You shouldn't REALLY be surprised. They already announced two new pkb devices are coming lol. - https://crackberry.com/expect-least-...artphones-2018
    Well, that's the hoped for OS updates for the Keyone and motion done for then. The only 'upgrade' will be that you 'buy our latest phone' rather than a 'free' OS upgrade for an 'old' phone!!!
    01-22-18 04:09 PM
    Well, that's the hoped for OS updates for the Keyone and motion done for then. The only 'upgrade' will be that you 'buy our latest phone' rather than a 'free' OS upgrade for an 'old' phone!!!
    Alrighty then.
    01-22-18 04:10 PM
    You do have to agree, that's where the money is going forward with all the OEMs. Figure you're paying about $250 per year even with updates. Regardless of the OEMs, it's expected to replace your device every 1-2 years if they're going to make any money.

Perhaps, a model evolves where you pay ala carte for what you want. Security updates, OS updates. Just like a vehicle. You want to get serviced, you pay for it. You want it leased and covered end to end, you do that.

The companies have to start charging to pay for the next infrastructure build 5G, right? Like everything, there's no free lunch.
    01-22-18 04:16 PM
    If the Passport were the price of the DTEK50, then I would be OK with the OS upgrade path. But since it isn't, some are wishing for the upgrade to N. Personally, I just want the malfunctioning DND fixed. If I was able to get that fixed, I would stay on M.
    01-24-18 04:09 PM
    Nougat? It should be obvious that the answer is "NO". Why would resources be spent on an older version of an OS? That would be like PC vendors releasing new images for Windows 8.1

If anything, Oreo would be the logical next step simply because its 2018 -- and there is only a 1% chance of that happening unfortunately.
    01-25-18 09:18 AM
    If you want Nougat then get a Motion and you'll probably get upgraded to Oreo. The PRIV got OS upgrade from Lollipop to Marshmallow. Unfortunately the DTEK appears to be orphan since the parents are no longer involved.
    01-25-18 09:44 AM
    D'OH

Why would TCL make 2 pkb phones this year and not one of each? It makes no sense to me. Looks like I keep my 50 for another year, or get a Motion...maybe.
    01-27-18 09:59 PM
    D'OH

Why would TCL make 2 pkb phones this year and not one of each? It makes no sense to me. Looks like I keep my 50 for another year, or get a Motion...maybe.
    So you'll get the Motion
    01-28-18 05:18 PM
    Why would TCL make 2 pkb phones this year and not one of each?
    I'd guess High-end and low-end models, a la the DTEKS. It's also possible that they may offer two different screen aspect ratios. Essentially TCL is still testing the waters. They would like to have it figured out while building enough of a reputation in order to start getting enterprise sales.
    01-29-18 09:00 AM
43 12