Hi all,

As per the subject, I am having problems trying to get Android Apps to run on the PlayBook.

I have some that work fine, but others just fail with errors when they are launched on the device.

I am assuming this is something to do with the version of Android that the PlayBook emulates possibly and a lot of modern apps don't run on the emulation that we have.

Is there a "date" or version of Android that I should be looking for when finding Android apps to run?

I use the goodereader apk to bar converter and that seems to do a good job of the conversion process and I have had success with a couple of apps.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Regards

TMW
    12-30-17 11:20 AM
    Hi all,

As per the subject, I am having problems trying to get Android Apps to run on the PlayBook.

I have some that work fine, but others just fail with errors when they are launched on the device.

I am assuming this is something to do with the version of Android that the PlayBook emulates possibly and a lot of modern apps don't run on the emulation that we have.

Is there a "date" or version of Android that I should be looking for when finding Android apps to run?

I use the goodereader apk to bar converter and that seems to do a good job of the conversion process and I have had success with a couple of apps.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Regards

TMW
    I believe the playbook runs Android 2.3 (or lower) so any apps that require anything higher won't run
    12-30-17 11:27 AM
    yep, 2.3 so you will only be able to run a small portion of apps on the PB. It hasnt been supported for 5+ years really
    12-30-17 11:30 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick response - I also forgot to add to the original message, it is usually errors around a process that stops responding (example, "The application BlackBerry Keyboard (process system.apps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again") when trying to run the apps.

Will have to start looking harder for Android 2.3 compatibility.

Thanks for the pointer.

Regards

TMW
    12-30-17 11:30 AM
    Keep in mind that even if it is 2.3 compatible, it may not be for the Playbook android runtime
    02-27-18 11:24 AM