I tried to transfer photos and other files from my PRIV to my computer today. I have the correct driver on my computer and after Marshmallow, when I plugged it to the computer with a usb cord, I always got the option to choose transfer data but now the option does not show up anymore, but only the charging light up the side of the screen as soon as I plug it in. I am using the same computer as before. The BlackBerry icon in Windows Explorer shows but it will not open, of course. I know it has to be opened from the phone by choosing the option to transfer files and data but without the option I am at a loss to know how to get it to happen. I have done a hard reboot and nothing has changed. My plan was to upgrade to a larger SDcard because the current one is almost full. I wanted everything that is one the old one put onto the new one. I also wanted to go into the internal memory to check on photos and downloads that should perhaps be removed.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 12-16-17 at 06:41 PM.
    12-16-17 06:26 PM
    I tried to transfer photos and other files from my PRIV to my computer today. I have the correct driver on my computer and after Marshmallow, when I plugged it to the computer with a usb cord, I always got the option to choose transfer data but now the option does not show up anymore, but only the charging light up the side of the screen as soon as I plug it in. I am using the same computer as before. The BlackBerry icon in Windows Explorer shows but it will not open, of course. I know it has to be opened from the phone by choosing the option to transfer files and data but without the option I am at a loss to know how to get it to happen. I have done a hard reboot and nothing has changed. My plan was to upgrade to a larger SDcard because the current one is almost full. I wanted everything that is one the old one put onto the new one. I also wanted to go into the internal memory to check on photos and downloads that should perhaps be removed.
    You even checked the Notifications (if the option did not show up). Pull down and look for the USB charge notice?

Change cables?

Obviously, you can pull the card out and use and adapter but the Internal Memory ones would need another method.
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-16-17 09:09 PM
    You even checked the Notifications (if the option did not show up). Pull down and look for the USB charge notice?

Change cables?

Obviously, you can pull the card out and use and adapter but the Internal Memory ones would need another method.
    I will try pulling down the notifications.
    Plan B is to take out the card and use an adapter but it cumbersome. It is concerning that something doesn't function. I tried it on my laptop, also, which also was set up to transfer PRIV pics.
    I have an app that Google put out, Files Go. You can move photos to the sd card but it entails some time consuming fiddling with it.
    12-16-17 09:31 PM
    This worked! Thank you so much. It is the little teardrop looking icon with green around it. Hard to locate if you don't know where to look. It seems I remember this. I haven't downloaded from my PRIV for a while.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-16-17 10:23 PM
    ...now to see about transferring them.
    12-16-17 10:24 PM