I've been using my Priv over my keyone for about a month now and each day I get about 3 hours sot. Thats with auto brightness off and screen brightness at 75% and wifi,bluetooth and data always on. What's the point of having 40-45% left on my keyone if I have to sacrifice a large clear screen?
    FF22 and Qorax like this.
    12-12-17 06:10 PM
    theres nothing wrong with the battery.....i got "ok" battery life before marshmellow update and since that, it's been awesome..... average day for me starts around 4:39-5:00 am and got to bed around 9:30-10.... battery with average use is usually between 10-20% by then......the only extra thing I did to help was dump the dB app and just use mobile browser......i am pretty satisfied with my PRIV
    Rico4you, Qorax and glwerry like this.
    12-12-17 06:16 PM
    Myself get a full day out of my PRIV. Since I got it June 2016 with all updates has just gotten better. Getting SOT avg 4 hrs. I also clear cache always at 1gb level. Like the bigger great screen and PKB. Same time use it alongside my KEYONE.
    Qorax likes this.
    12-12-17 11:53 PM
    There is nothing especially bad about the battery on PRIV IMHO, but K1 has other advantages over the PRIV although the Screen is worse.
    Just take the Phone you feel more confortable.
    12-13-17 12:28 AM
    It's not bad in case you won't get used to phones which can easily reach 6+ hours SOT. In this case, I'd say that the major battery eater is that terrible CPU, all phones with this chipset have poor battery life (Nexus 5X has quite the same with smaller and non-2K screen).
    12-13-17 01:47 AM
    I get a solid 5h SOT on my STV100-4 Priv which I just got about a month ago. However, I obviously did some tweaking to get those results as it's definitely not like that out of the box.

-First, updated to Marshmallow

-Scaled down screen resolution to 1080x1920 using adb/fastboot

-Turned off Google location tracking & history

-Turned off wifi and bluetooth scanning when those are off

-Disabled hub and hub+ services

-All apps are optimized for battery except WhatsApp which isn't a drainer anyway

-Power saving mode always on

As far as usage, some light psx emulator gaming to and from work, a little youtube, and other than that, basic stuff like calls, sms, WhatsApp, Web browsing

Overall satisfied with performance, but also I bought it knowing that the 808 sucks and it was prone to those type of issues, and don't mind tweaking for optimal performance. If however I was an average consumer with no knowledge about those things and no time to search on CB, I would be furious over it and unsatisfied with the Priv
    Qorax likes this.
    12-13-17 02:46 AM
    The battery life on the Priv when I used it was not bad. I was able to get through the day with moderate use. It is actually on par with the passport.
    12-13-17 09:32 PM
    Mine always lasts the day at least. No complaints here.
    12-14-17 04:22 AM
    I've always gotten really good battery life out of my priv since day 1. I'm not a hard core user though
    12-14-17 09:43 AM
    Same.... people complained about dtek60 as well. Dtek50 I can say yes good point. Priv and Dtek60 last a day easily.
    12-14-17 10:24 AM
    Blackberry Priv is awesome since latest OS update and If it is a 2016 unit.

I have been using it with my Passport, and only have good words.

I know it is just my opinion but all 4 units are doing its job flawlessly

regards
    12-14-17 12:17 PM
    It's not the battery life that is a complaint of mine. It's the lag and how slow it takes to open google maps for example.

It's the lag that kills the experience.

When there is a line behind you and your Starbucks app hangs or you need to reboot..

You get the idea.
    eldricho likes this.
    12-14-17 05:06 PM
    The Starbucks app is prob the problem.
    12-14-17 08:05 PM
    Interestingly, once I sweeped my Priv clean of all the clutter, the battery runs better than ever after two years. It's still an average battery, but light-years better than what it was originally.
    12-18-17 03:01 AM

I don't think this is considered good
    12-21-17 02:25 AM
    Try without the vpn App and manually configure it in android.
    12-21-17 06:18 AM
    Try without the vpn App and manually configure it in android.
    How do I do that without app? The BlackBerry help page said that I have to install VPN app...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 07:19 AM
    How do I do that without app? The BlackBerry help page said that I have to install VPN app...

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings\vpn\add new VPN. Your VPN provider CA help you the settings you need to enter.
    12-21-17 07:21 AM
    Go to settings\vpn\add new VPN. Your VPN provider CA help you the settings you need to enter.
    I've tried it but the VPN kept getting disconnected. If I'm using the app it will be automatically reconnected... I can't get the Always On VPN function in Priv to work...

Posted via CB10
    12-21-17 09:39 PM
    I think and definitely in my case a lot of people came from the BlackBerry 10 Passport to the Android Priv . The Passport in my opinion was a Fantastic phone in all respects. one was spoilt . So one tended to use the priv in the same fashion .
    until I got used to the priv and Android I had very poor. battery live and along with the different approach of Android over 10.was a disappointed buny.
    however I have my head around it now and get reasonable battery life and total satisfaction .
    12-22-17 01:32 AM
    How do you optimize apps for battery!
    12-22-17 08:42 AM
    How do you optimize apps for battery!
    There is an entire thread - search it out, under the PRIV section.
    12-22-17 02:41 PM
    My latest stats:

5+ hours SoT from mostly light use, nothing demanding on the processor, and even some light epsxe gaming and youtube.

The Priv might have terrible battery life out of the box, but optimizing it goes a long way. It is easily doable for the average user, save maybe for the 1080p mod which just requires ADB and a computer.

12-27-17 01:33 PM
    My latest stats:

5+ hours SoT from mostly light use, nothing demanding on the processor, and even some light epsxe gaming and youtube.

]
    Holy! That's crazy. What is your screen brightness set to? Bluetooth and WiFi status?
    12-27-17 02:13 PM
    Holy! That's crazy. What is your screen brightness set to? Bluetooth and WiFi status?
    -Running Marshmallow on October update
    -Screen resolution scaled down to 1080x1920
    -Screen brightness stays between 30-45%
    -Power saving mode always ON
    -Wifi and Bluetooth, as well as scanning when off, OFF
    -Hub and Hub+ services DISABLED
    -Location, location tracking and history OFF
    -Auto update apps (Play Store) OFF
    -All apps on battery optimization except Whatsapp and Outlook
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-27-17 02:29 PM
38 12