I know this has been raised, but would like latest advice please - if I am to move to BB Android from my Z30, Blend is a requirement. Seems doubtful this will ever be implemented, so is there a useable alternative - i.e. a Windows desktop interface to the phone that supports BBM and SMS as an absolute minimum? Thanks.
    Last edited by miasma-gas; 12-11-17 at 07:19 AM.
    12-11-17 07:01 AM
    It's BBM that is the problem.

Other IM apps (WhatsApp, Telegram) have desktop clients.

AirDroid can handle almost everything else.
    12-11-17 07:24 AM
    being a Linux user and not having any alternatives I am making a chrome app to mimic what blend did. and conite is right BBM is a big hurdle cause there is no api I can work with.
    12-11-17 07:45 AM
    It's BBM that is the problem.
    BBM is a big hurdle cause there is no api I can work with
    Thanks. So no prospect of a desktop BBM client in the foreseeable future?

Other IM apps (WhatsApp, Telegram) have desktop clients.
    Yes, but it's much more convenient to have everything in one place.

AirDroid can handle almost everything else.
    That should do nicely.
    12-11-17 07:58 AM
    Thanks. So no prospect of a desktop BBM client in the foreseeable future?
    None.
    12-11-17 08:05 AM
    I had the same dilemma once upon a time. when I switched to samsung android, BBM was a pain to use for a number of reasons, so I ditched it.

Text is great and everybody has it built in to their phones, I dont see the need for a chat client anymore.

I now use Mighty Text when I am on my desktop, tablet and macbook. Works great!
    12-11-17 08:29 AM
    None.
    What, even in Indonesia?
    eldricho likes this.
    12-11-17 09:18 AM
    What, even in Indonesia?
    You want me to write "no" in a different way?
    sethr likes this.
    12-11-17 09:19 AM
    You want me to write "no" in a different way?
    Apologies - attempt at humour. BB seems to be focussing its entire efforts on selling BBM in Indonesia these days.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-11-17 11:45 AM
    I might be able to suck out everything in the hub but that doesn't mean replys will work. at least you'll be able to read your BBM messages. might have to de engineer the old blend to see how they handled hub there.
    12-11-17 04:16 PM
    While this might be news to no one (or for those who are tech dropouts), my Dell desktop running Windows 10 links to my KEYone is such a way that a small window pops up in the bottom right of the screen with any text messages (and emails of course). I can reply to the texts using my desktop keyboard. The replies are reflected on my phone. (Pause for general laughter). Yes, and you can also watch movies on your phone. (More laughter).
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-12-17 03:27 PM
    While this might be news to no one (or for those who are tech dropouts), my Dell desktop running Windows 10 links to my KEYone is such a way that a small window pops up in the bottom right of the screen with any text messages (and emails of course). I can reply to the texts using my desktop keyboard. The replies are reflected on my phone. (Pause for general laughter). Yes, and you can also watch movies on your phone. (More laughter).
    Thanks. News to me - I have neither KEYone nor Windows 10 (nor a Dell, come to that). Assuming you did not have to install anything to support this functionality on Win10, does it cover any other communication methods apart from SMS and e-mail please?

(no pause for laughter - you can laugh in your own damn time)
    12-18-17 04:37 AM
    I might be able to suck out everything in the hub but that doesn't mean replys will work. at least you'll be able to read your BBM messages. might have to de engineer the old blend to see how they handled hub there.
    Thanks - following this with interest. Would you be so kind as to post progress to this thread, or do you keep status information on your projects somewhere else, please?
    12-18-17 04:42 AM
    Assuming you did not have to install anything to support this functionality on Win10, does it cover any other communication methods apart from SMS and e-mail please?

I wish I could help you. Those are the only two that I use.
    12-18-17 05:25 AM