Hello

When I go into the contacts app via the phone app, amost all of my 470 somewhat contacts show double with different colours - BUT i do now have any double entries !!! Also when looking into contacts app directly no double entries and also performing the search for double entries from within contacts app does not show any doublicates!
    Am I alone with this issue?
    I'm suspecting that whatsapp creates like kind of a new contact which is visible when going through phone app into contacts search...🤔
    11-20-17 07:07 AM
    You need to remember the contacts apps shows you contacts from EVERYTHING that effectively keeps track of your contacts. If you disable the showing of contacts from within certain apps, the 'duplicate' contacts, which are not really duplicated, will go away. For example: Two GMail accounts with the same contacts will show twice in the app. This is obviously not necc. so if you uncheck one of the GMail accounts from showing, the duplicates will no longer exist.
    jcrutchvt2010 and FF22 like this.
    11-20-17 07:35 AM
    did you install Viber? I got the same problem. it even mixed up my contact list. go into viber setting and uncheck the check add viber to my contact list and voila
    11-20-17 09:13 AM
    this happens if you have whatsapp
    11-20-17 09:21 AM
    if you go to contacts, top right, duplicates, there is an option to merge them.
    11-20-17 09:35 AM
    thanks for all inputs!

yes, I have whatsapp - that was also my suspicion!

I do only have one account and also the merging or show duplicates does not reveal any more contacts and now I don't have viber - so it musst be whatsapp
    11-20-17 10:17 AM
    I get a new KEYone, after restore from Classic, I add account and sync with cloud. My KEYone has two contacts list: cloud contact and local contact. I cant delete local contact, and cant merge with cloud contact, only disable it. So, every time I add up a new contact, the new contact will save local contact.
    Who help me delete local contact, please without reset my phone
    11-22-17 06:41 PM
    I get a new KEYone, after restore from Classic, I add account and sync with cloud. My KEYone has two contacts list: cloud contact and local contact. I cant delete local contact, and cant merge with cloud contact, only disable it. So, every time I add up a new contact, the new contact will save local contact.
    Who help me delete local contact, please without reset my phone
    I have synced my contacts with gmail and each time I wanna enter a new contact. I'm fist asked to select to which contacts -gmail or local - I wanna add the new contact, you don't have that option?
    11-23-17 12:55 PM