I've never seen any real info for the difference. I know that BlackBerry says on their site that both the Classic & Passport are optimized for the Qi system but compatible with PMA mats. But I've never met anyone who used either system & especially what I hope to learn is how either wireless system roughly compares to using a Quick Charge 3.0 USB charger. Anyone know?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    11-17-17 12:27 PM
    Wireless charging the passport is slow as molasses and it causes the device to heat up significantly. It was a cool feature on my AT&T Passport but essentially useless.
    11-17-17 12:51 PM
    Wireless charging, as of now, indeed is slower than wired: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017...aken-over-yet/

However, inroads are being made to make it faster: https://www.howtogeek.com/326094/is-...ired-charging/

But don't expect it to be mainstream soon, yet.
    11-17-17 01:07 PM
    The blackberry passport compatible ?

Posted via CB10 for my  blackberry® passport ™
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 01:16 PM
    The blackberry passport compatible ?

Afaik only AT&T model. But yes https://help.blackberry.com/en/black...722640609.html
    11-17-17 01:26 PM
    Blackberry passport SQW100-1 ?

11-17-17 02:03 PM
    Well, I've seen that the mine is not compatible.

11-17-17 02:05 PM
    So I haven't timed wired charging but my att passport charges on a wireless charger at about 1% every minute. Super fast? No. For a comparison, the passport comes with a standard wireless charging system and so does the Droid turbo 2, not the fast wireless charge like a samsung s7 edge. The Droid turbo 2 I've used charges on any wireless pad I have at about 1% every 4 minutes. The s7 on fast charge is about 3-4% every minute. All these phones have similar sized batteries.

Take all that for what it's worth.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 08:33 PM
    For what it's worth, I recently switched from a lesser known Qi charger to a basic Samsung one. Would not say the Samsung is any faster but is significantly cooler. I would have trouble with the old one fully recharging without a cooling-off break because of heat. So now I have two of the Samsung chargers taking care of our two Passports and two Classics, all AT&T versions. Happily saving much connector wear and tear too, I should add.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 08:53 PM
    Quick question, is it the charger itself or the phone that gets hot during charging? If it's the charging mat, as long as it isn't dangerous I just need to always ensure the thing has free space around it & nothing flammable under it. But if the phone gets hot, Besides possibly trading one way of slowly killing my phone for another it'd kinda suck to pick it up & put a piping hot phone in my pocket during the summer!

11-18-17 05:37 AM
    Quick question, is it the charger itself or the phone that gets hot during charging? If it's the charging mat, as long as it isn't dangerous I just need to always ensure the thing has free space around it & nothing flammable under it. But if the phone gets hot, Besides possibly trading one way of slowly killing my phone for another it'd kinda suck to pick it up & put a piping hot phone in my pocket during the summer!

Mine doesn't get hot so I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 07:23 AM
    In my case it was the phone that got hot. I don't really think my device was damaged long-term especially since the charging quit when it got too warm. But I am very glad to have found the Samsung charger works without heating up my phone anywhere near as much - the warmth generated is imperceptible by comparison.
    11-21-17 10:55 AM