Hello folks,
    It's been a while since I've been here in the forums. For those of you that don't remember me I used to be the UK editor for CrackBerry until I moved to the dark side.

Like many, I rocked my BlackBerry Passport for two years until the lack of app support made me go out and purchase the DTEK50 and then shortly followed by the iPhone7 Plus as the DTEK battery drove me crazy.

But now I'm getting a urge to come back and purchase a KEYone. A strong urge.

Has anyone else made this transition back and how do you fine the KEYone compared to the iPhone?

Help please? I've not even held a KEYone, but something tells me i need it.

What to do?

Thanks
    James
    11-16-17 03:14 PM
    Don’t know if this helps. I’m picking my keyone up tomorrow after spending an hour on my wife’s keyone. I’m coming from the iPhone 6s and I find the K1 feels better in my hand but the keys are too small. That’s the extremes for me. The new blackberrys are 90% stock android but they work and that’s what counts. Not to mention, the uniqueness of a blackberry in an all slab world:-)
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-16-17 03:29 PM
    I have the Classic, Passport, Galaxy S4, and iPhone 6s and I now have the Black Edition KEYone. I use my KEYone more than the iPhone 6s now. I use the 6s mostly for surfing and games now. I find I'm more productive with the KEYone for everything else. Plus the fingerprint reader on the KEYone is faster than the 6s. I don't even need to press the spacebar down for it to unlock.

The battery life is amazing especially since I leave bluetooth and NFC on all the time. By the time I get to bed, the battery is around 50%.

The thing I miss the most from BBOS 10 is Blend. I still use my Classic and Passport for this.
    11-16-17 03:43 PM
    I have the Black Edition KEYone and it is great. it has the keyboard which I love, great battery life, and all the apps that BlackBerry 10 never had. I was a big BlackBerry 10 believer until I saw the writing on the wall, but used my Classic until June when I got my silver KEYone, and now my black one.

I have an iPhone X for other things, but I could easily just use the KEYone. I have zero complaints about the KEYone (just get a newer silver one or black one because I had the screen popping out issue twice on two silver ones).

I wish BlackBerry had come out with this device a while ago, because it has none of the shortcomings that BlackBerry 10 was criticized for, though some have said they think the device is too tall-- I disagree.
    11-16-17 07:08 PM
    The main question really is how stuck are you with the Apple ecosystem. If you don't need it to be productive then the KeyOne can definitely fill any gaps. If you are tethered to Apple and can't break free then just stick to Apple.
    Qorax, Byrese and bran09044952 like this.
    11-16-17 07:13 PM
    Not sure how much this will help
    But the set up and transfer of data is fairly quick and easy once you know the ways.
    There will be a transition phase which might slightly difficult but I'd say in your case I presume it won't be too difficult.
    Give the device some time. Learn it's ins and out and you will not be willing to part ways with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ!
    Make sure you pick up the Black edition though!
    Good luck!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    bog131 likes this.
    11-16-17 07:39 PM
    Welcome back James!
    Bbnivende and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-16-17 08:13 PM
    I have an iPhone 7 plus as well. Bought my silver Keyone and love it. I have some signal issues but I hear a software update will maybe fix that, if and when sprint releases it.
    I haven't used my iPhone since I've had it. Take a plunge, I think you'll like it. I like the size the moist, just feels more comfortable.
    Byrese likes this.
    11-16-17 08:18 PM
    Switching from iPhone SE to KEYone Black Edition. Tried iPhone after my Z30 broke after a big drop, iOS is smooth but not for me. Just waiting for my KEYone to arrive from amazon. Really looking forward to getting a keyboard again. Last Phone I had with a Keyboard was my Blackberry 9700. Big seller for me was the shortcuts that the PKB provides.
    11-16-17 08:42 PM
    You will really like the K1! I have the black Keyone and its amazing and love the keyboard and battery life and its a beast and feels good in the hand just wish it was a little wider but having a case on it makes up for that because it is slippery coming from the LG V20
    11-17-17 07:17 PM
    The main question really is how stuck are you with the Apple ecosystem. If you don't need it to be productive then the KeyOne can definitely fill any gaps. If you are tethered to Apple and can't break free then just stick to Apple.
    And that’s where I’m at right now. Work phone is Verizon and personal is att. I just wanna carry one phone but receive all of my texts and/or calls on just one device. Hence FaceTime where I can do that with ease. Can’t do that with android. And getting an app to be able to forward texts seems to be more of a hassle than a convenience. Now I’m thinking of adding another line just to get the att keyone. 16 bucks a month plus the extra line.
    11-17-17 07:37 PM
    Was thinking about trading my 7 plus for a keyone but I don’t think I wanna do that and will wind up regretting it. Not because of the device itself, but because of my forwarding methods I mentioned
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-17-17 07:39 PM
    Or maybe just say “screw it” and carry 2 phones after all.......Ann att keyone AND a Verizon keyone???.......hmmmmmm......decisions, decisions.
    11-17-17 07:42 PM
    I’ve always liked the OEM holsters from B.B.....wish Apple had that for their phones....and I’m not talking about genetic ones either.....
    11-17-17 07:43 PM
    Carry it with your z30.. Came with nice own holster.
    11-17-17 08:11 PM
    Carry it with your z30.. Came with nice own holster.
    Lol....good point
    11-17-17 08:23 PM
    You will really like the K1! I have the black Keyone and its amazing and love the keyboard and battery life and its a beast and feels good in the hand just wish it was a little wider but having a case on it makes up for that because it is slippery coming from the LG V20
    It is good but takes some time to get used to.
    11-17-17 08:38 PM
    I've got a strong urge for a keyOne as well but my priv is still doing OK. also Verizon is being stupid about BlackBerry. the motion is water resistant but lacks the pkb. I really wish a priv 2 with better battery would be released
    phuoc and tazcubed like this.
    11-17-17 08:54 PM
    I've got a strong urge for a keyOne as well but my priv is still doing OK. also Verizon is being stupid about BlackBerry. the motion is water resistant but lacks the pkb. I really wish a priv 2 with better battery would be released
    KEYone works fine on Verizon.
    11-17-17 10:17 PM
    KEYone works fine on Verizon.
    What about wi-fi calling?
    11-17-17 10:40 PM
    What about wi-fi calling?
    Nope
    11-17-17 10:43 PM
    Nope
    Dang:-(
    11-17-17 11:58 PM
    Or maybe just say “screw it” and carry 2 phones after all.......Ann att keyone AND a Verizon keyone???.......hmmmmmm......decisions, decisions.
    Sounds like you need a dual Sim phone.
    11-18-17 01:28 AM
    It depends on how much you're invested into apple at this point. Still I say take the plunge. the hardware on this thing is excellent and you have all the apps via android. if you were in love with the pkb you'll love this phone. One thing though...make sure you keep an iPad or tablet near by for media. That's one area of weakness on this thing. but that's not what it's made for so it's ok. 😀
    11-18-17 01:36 AM
    It's been a while since I've been here in the forums. For those of you that don't remember me I used to be the UK editor for CrackBerry until I moved to the dark side.

Like many, I rocked my BlackBerry Passport for two years until the lack of app support made me go out and purchase the DTEK50 and then shortly followed by the iPhone7 Plus as the DTEK battery drove me crazy.

But now I'm getting a urge to come back and purchase a KEYone. A strong urge.

Go for it James, you'll not be content until you've given the KEYone a fair trial. It's difficult to get that longing for a pkb out of your system.
    Now is as good time as any to take the plunge, the silver edition is only £399 at Amazon; as part of their 'Black Friday' promotions. Buy it , try it, and if you don't like it, return it.

It would also be good to have you back in the CB community, I for one have missed your Brit-centric device and app reviews.
    BigBadWulf, FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    11-18-17 03:47 AM
102 123 ...