Are we talking about the same thing? BBOS phones like the Bold 9900 can work on data without a BIS or BES plan?
    Yes, exactly. It will work with carrier (non-tunneled) data easily.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    08-17-18 09:15 PM
    Yes, exactly. It will work with carrier (non-tunneled) data easily.

Typed using my BlackBerry Passport running the latest QNX software release 10.3.3 on Freedom Mobile DC-HSPA+
    Are you telling me that this entire 16 pages threads is for nothing and these thousands of people looking for years for a workaround to use a BBOS blackberry without BIS/BES wastes their time?
    Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS
    /blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/
    08-17-18 10:00 PM
    Are you telling me that this entire 16 pages threads is for nothing and these thousands of people looking for years for a workaround to use a BBOS blackberry without BIS/BES wastes their time?
    Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS
    /blackberry-bold-series-f235/guide-blackberry-os-7-maybe-6-without-bis-996682/
    Yes, all you do is clear out the servicebooks (ALL of them), reboot. Sure you don't get e-mail no more or much less BBM, however data will work for the browser, opera mini included.

08-17-18 10:04 PM
    Yes, all you do is clear out the servicebooks (ALL of them), reboot. Sure you don't get e-mail no more or much less BBM, however data will work for the browser, opera mini included.

Unfortunately I don’t have a BBOS device to test it. Someone else can try this out?
    08-18-18 06:44 PM
    Unfortunately I don’t have a BBOS device to test it. Someone else can try this out?
    I have with my bold 9900. Can confirm it works fine without BIS, no bbm or push e-mail. Just opera mini and stock browser.

08-25-18 11:37 PM
    It seems to have something to do with a profile that's either being broadcast when it shouldn't be, or not broadcast when it should, nobody at Freedom seems to know nor care. I was once told by a CSR that it should be sorted by the time of the official launch of the LTE network but that never came to pass.
    I believe the issue is happening because unlike other carriers, Freedom has decided to whitelist phone models to enable LTE network access and as most BlackBerry models are not whitelisted at the moment, they are denied access to LTE.

I actually am able to detect and connect to Wind LTE towers with my Passport when using a Chinese provider's sim card. A manual network scan will show LTE on the bottom of all 4 providers found during the scan (i.e. WIND, Rogers Wireless, Bell and TELUS) and I am even able to manually connect and register on the WIND network and Radio Network Info in escreen does show that I'm connected to LTE under MCC-MNC 302-490 in Serving Cell (LTE). If it helps, I can even provide screenshots of this.

Of course i'm not able to make any actual phone calls (other than Emergency calls) or use data on Freedom Mobile with this other sim card as there's no roaming agreement but this does prove that the reason that BB10 phones which support the LTE bands used by Freedom Mobile are not able to connect is either because there is no LTE profile setup to allow BlackBerry phones access to LTE or that Freedom Mobile has deliberately decided not to allow Blackberry devices access their LTE network.
    Last edited by PwrSurge; 09-17-18 at 12:08 PM.
    09-17-18 11:51 AM
    At least we have access to the 3G network, which is less congested than before they got LTE.

10-19-18 07:53 PM
82 ... 234