What might those be?

Posted via CB10
    Sensors to detect when screen is about to pop out?
    hkgnyc, ominaxe, eldricho and 1 others like this.
    11-07-17 02:18 PM
    Agreed. I think that the form is incredibly practical and, even moreso these days with given proof in this exact thread. Some people want both a physical keyboard AND large screen and, with the exception of perhaps laptop computers, I believe the slider is the best form to meet these needs because it combines both in the most compact possible form.

I really think that the slider form could be completely 'nailed' and people would buy back into it. There is far too much monotony in the mobile landscape for someone to not try to keep doing something more 'bold'. IF they were able to release a slider that actually didn't compromise on physical keyboard quality (shouldn't be impossible) AND meet or exceed the specifications and performance of their other devices on the market, I see absolutely no reason why it couldn't work.

Since BB10 really made it obvious that there were two distinct varieties of BlackBerry devices (full touch and pkb), I've always thought that a model to keep up with (assuming that the devices were actually selling in good turn) would be Full touch device one year then PKB device the next, aternating between the two. At the 6 month mark between launches would be the time to either update the last device if it were doing well and seemed logical (Passport SE, KEYone Black Edition) or, if not necessary, try a more irregular design instead (Passport, Priv, etc).

If anyone is going to do different designs like these with their phones (and I hope they do) it makes sense that it's BlackBerry. They are already the distinctly different brand. What has anyone else got to offer design idea wise? "OMG - they removed the home button!" or "Look how small the bezels are!"
    I love the PRIV slider. I like it extended and it is not top heavy at all for me. I have both a KEYone and a PRIV. I think the KEYone is great, and it certainly runs better. But when on a call I like having the keyboard extended the way I have it when I am using my PRIV. For me the dream phone would be a PRIV like phone with upgraded specs.
    11-08-17 02:12 AM
    The slider concept is dead.

Too expensive, too bulky, too heavy, too many failure points, poor balance, etc.
    For me, none of the above. I love the PRIV form factor. When it came out it was my dream device. I have had it 2 years and still use it as my back up for my KEYone. I have had weakness in my hands due to injuries and had to have physical therapy for both of them. The size is no problem for me. The balance is perfect when I hold it. Not too bulky or top heavy. Slider technology is out there and has been for a very long time. With some improvements to the PRIV design (learning from the 1st one) and some flagship specs--then I would be very happy, indeed. I can dream, can't I?
    11-13-17 01:27 PM
    Is the BBF an update to the Keyone? Or a completely new PKB again?
    Tried the K1 BE and it didn't feel like a BB. Hard to say way. Hopefully this thing will be a little smaller and not that expensive. Just got a MacBook Pro too, maybe it's time to go back to iPhone. Please Blackberry, make this thing look and feel like a Bold or Classic!
    Last edited by MrChiezy; 11-14-17 at 05:54 AM.
    11-14-17 05:44 AM
    Tried the K1 BE and it didn't feel like a BB. Hard to say way. Hopefully this thing will be a little smaller and not that expensive. Just got a MacBook Pro too, maybe it's time to go back to iPhone. Please Blackberry, make this thing look and feel like a Bold or Classic!
    I doubt the size is going to change as smaller would compromise screen size unless the capacitive nav bar is dropped in favour of an on screen version.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 07:48 AM
    Too bad it wont be a slider as suggested here priv,..or a passport slider.... cause if it was, they could continue with the Motion theme (Research in Motion) and call this one the Roll-up-the-RIM (slider)....and WIN! (with a nod to the Trump era verbiage of "Winners!", RIM, and Tim Hortons)

(well okay Canadians would get it, the annual Tim Horton's coffe chain's contest name/banding is "Roll-up-the-rim" to win. I guess they'd have to rename for other markets)
    Or, if it's a RIM inspired phone for professionals at work, they could name it by mashing together RIM and "work" or "job".

RIMwork?
    ******?

;-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 11-14-17 at 09:09 AM.
    11-14-17 08:41 AM
    Then you might be disappointed with the BBF. Since the KEYᴼᴺᴱ was actually designed by BlackBerry. Their last in house designed smartphone. Not sure in what way it didn't feel like a BlackBerry.
    To me it does in every single way.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Mrs Teapot and stlabrat like this.
    11-14-17 09:04 AM
    Or, if it's a RIM inspired phone for professionals at work, they could name it by mashing together RIM and "work" or "job".

RIMwork?
    ******?

;-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Or for personal security purposes they could flee the Google?Apple? Empires and rendevous somewhere in the "Outer RIM".
    11-14-17 02:47 PM
    Someone wanted these specs on a KeyTwo.

''Hi Bla1ze

Can KEYone or KEYtwo be there with these specs
    4:3 screen , 4.5 inch, Amoled
    A Centimetre shorter, 5 mm wider
    Soft Android keys ( home, back and multi task button which are under screen) like the s8, which hide when not in use.
    Stereo speakers like BlackBerry Passport! ''

How awesome would this be with an all blackd device, silver frets with silver bezel? Please Blackberry announce this device!!
    11-15-17 04:53 PM
    Someone wanted these specs on a KeyTwo.

''Hi Bla1ze

Can KEYone or KEYtwo be there with these specs
    4:3 screen , 4.5 inch, Amoled
    A Centimetre shorter, 5 mm wider
    Soft Android keys ( home, back and multi task button which are under screen) like the s8, which hide when not in use.
    Stereo speakers like BlackBerry Passport! ''

How awesome would this be with an all blackd device, silver frets with silver bezel? Please Blackberry announce this device!!
    That sounds like a sweet device!

With an Amoled screen I would love to have wireless charging back too!
    Yes, I know it's slower but combined with Amoled screen they make the phones great bedside alarm clocks since the display can be so dimly lit not to shine in your eyes all night

Posted via CB10
    MrChiezy likes this.
    11-15-17 06:50 PM
    http://www.bbmerahputih.co.id

Looks like the KEYone Limited Edition Black is coming to Indonesia, with pre-orders live now. BB Merah Putih have adopted BlackBerry Mobile-style branding for their website.

Not sure what variant this will be. Nominally the BBB100-6 with slightly different banding?
    11-17-17 06:09 AM

Looks like the KEYone Limited Edition Black is coming to Indonesia, with pre-orders live now. BB Merah Putih have adopted BlackBerry Mobile-style branding for their website.

Not sure what variant this will be. Nominally the BBB100-6 with slightly different banding?
    Not sure what the BlackBerry marketshare is like in Indonesia or how the premium pricing (for that market) will affect sales there.... but a PKB offering should do well there. I expect better than the Aurora did.
    11-17-17 08:15 AM
    Not sure what the BlackBerry marketshare is like in Indonesia or how the premium pricing (for that market) will affect sales there.... but a PKB offering should do well there. I expect better than the Aurora did.
    Let's hope so. It's reassuring that BBMP are expanding their offerings.

The Aurora is a bit of an enigma, as whilst I'm not aware of any impressive sales figures, it appears to have generated a startling amount of interest online (see amateur YouTube videos and the company's Facebook operation). Although Indonesia always was a more buoyant market for BlackBerry.
    11-17-17 08:41 AM
    If this has a smaller screen, it looks like I will be giving my K1 to the GF to replace her aging Q5.

I'm a sucker for PKB phones and will buy just about every one... I think I have a problem. :X
    ditto!
    11-21-17 07:15 PM
    Another day, another TCL config.

The file itself: http://www-ccpp.tcl-ta.com/files/bbf100-1.xml

Some mirrors: https://pastebin.com/YZAYRN66
    https://web.archive.org/web/20171027...s/bbf100-1.xml

And an article this time (in Dutch): https://www.mobielkopen.net/blackber...gon-660-qwerty

There's also the same file for the BBF100-2/3.

As for what it is, all we have is the CPU (Snapdragon 660), a model number (BBF100-1/2/3), a screen resolution (1620x1080), and an input method (PKB). Anything else will have to come later.
    https://m.gsmarena.com/alleged_black...-amp-28359.php

6 gig or RAM? Wow
    11-21-17 08:55 PM
    No link to the actual results and it doesn't show up on Geekbench search.
    11-21-17 09:30 PM
    Oh yes I know and really nothing that hasn't already been rumoured. Well besides 6 gigs or RAM which would be very surprising to be honest.
    Last edited by ray689; 11-21-17 at 10:50 PM.
    11-21-17 10:10 PM
    Well besides 6 gigs or RAM which would be very surprising to be honest.
    Indeed.. Welcomed. But yeah.
    ray689 likes this.
    11-21-17 10:13 PM
    The slider concept is dead.

Too expensive, too bulky, too heavy, too many failure points, poor balance, etc.
    My favorite phone ever was Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G. Horizontal keyboard slider with numeric keys row, arrows, function keys... ((
    Parker_Lewis likes this.
    11-22-17 07:30 AM
    Rose Gold? 😁
    Porsche KeyOne
    11-22-17 09:28 AM

I think that's the BBB100-7, if I'm reading the OS files properly.

It could be real, or it could be Inspect Element...
    11-22-17 10:02 AM
    I think that's the BBB100-7, if I'm reading the OS files properly.

It could be real, or it could be Inspect Element...
    What does Inspect element mean?
    11-22-17 10:09 AM
    What does Inspect element mean?
    Editing the text within the browser.

Whatever the BBF100-1 is-geekbench_is_accurate.png
    11-22-17 10:32 AM
    Editing the text within the browser.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geekbench_is_accurate.png 
Views:	274 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	431680
    So that's your year of birth and favorite position in the Core scores?
    11-22-17 10:35 AM
    So that's your year of birth and favorite position in the Core scores?
    What are the odds that gets reposted elsewhere?
    11-22-17 10:41 AM
315 ... 45678 ...