The wondering if the functionality is worth the risk of having little or no recourse if the device breaks or needs a warranty repair.
    10-22-17 02:29 PM
    don't get your point but as i know the dual sim is just with sd card slot like this one :

https://crackberry.com/sites/crackbe...d%20card_0.jpg
    10-22-17 02:54 PM
    don't get your point but as i know the dual sim is just with sd card slot like this one :

https://crackberry.com/sites/crackbe...d%20card_0.jpg
    Sorry. Let me rephrase.

Being from North America, if I imported one in, I would basically have no warranty should it need repair as North American repair centres won't touch it for warranty work.

I would have to send it back to India and the amount of hassle to get it to them for a small warranty claim would be huge.
    10-22-17 03:03 PM
    If a dual Sim Keyone is something that you need and that you deem to be worth importing, then set aside any thought of a warranty. Make the decision in advance that the warranty is irrelevant and that you will pay for whatever repairs that may be needed yourself. Self insured if you will.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 03:20 PM
    If a dual Sim Keyone is something that you need and that you deem to be worth importing, then set aside any thought of a warranty. Make the decision in advance that the warranty is irrelevant and that you will pay for whatever repairs that may be needed yourself. Self insured if you will.

Posted via CB10
    I like that thought.

But can we fix it here in North America? Can the repair shops here make most of the repairs?
    10-22-17 09:15 PM
    That's a good question.
    A call to a repair facility or even BlackBerry mobile should provide some insight. It is at its core Black 4g version K1 with the only difference being the dual Sim.
    Perhaps there are some from India that can shed light on how well the dual Sim is working.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 09:44 PM
    Another concern in your decision making process is to ensure that it will be compatible with your chosen network.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 09:47 PM
    Another concern in your decision making process is to ensure that it will be compatible with your chosen network.

Posted via CB10
    I think since this is a world phone, it should work here in Canada.
    10-22-17 10:09 PM
    I've had the dual sim KEYone for nearly a month now (coming from the silver KEYone) and can tell you that it is 100% worth it.

I have my personal and work SIMs (both on Rogers) inserted in the device and it works like a dream. The freedom of carrying a single device is so refreshing after a decade of double wielding phones!

Signal quality is excellent. I just came back from a week in Orlando roaming on AT&T and not a single hiccup.

Hardware wise, the build is great. Just as solid as my silver K1 and the spec bump in RAM is noticeable (at least for someone like me who I consider to be a power user).

My only gripe would be that you can only designate one of the SIMs for data which means only one of my lines can accept MMS. Aside from that, Talk and SMS work great for both SIMs.

There's also the issue of no WiFi calling or VoLTE which has been widely discussed in another thread. I don't use either of these features so it doesn't impact me, but it's something to watch out for if you're dependent on them.

Finally, in regards to the warranty. I knew what I was getting into when I took the plunge to import this device. I'm also a big BB collector so if something were to go wrong, I've got a plethora of devices to fall back on should I want to take my time to exploring a fix. Don't get this device if you're the kind of person who worries about warranties.

I hope that helps. Happy to answer any other questions you have regarding the dual sim KEYone. It's an awesome device!
    portplayer and FF22 like this.
    10-23-17 08:16 AM
    basically exactly what dan says. im in the us. I love having a tmobile and att sim. there are a few bugs here and there. the mms issue might be accurate. also sometimes I have to switch the data sims back and worth to regain data (occasionally).
    im a little bummed about the lack of wifi calling and volte though.

im not sure if id swap mine for a non dual-sim. its a toss up. I think I value the dualsim more than wifi calling and volte. I just wish they could make that work since its totallt possible hardware wise.
    10-23-17 09:00 AM
    warranty service will be tough but its the same phone so my plan would be to deal with any potential screen replacements locally etc.

getting a faulty device would have sucked but so far so good
    10-23-17 09:06 AM
    The wondering if the functionality is worth the risk of having little or no recourse if the device breaks or needs a warranty repair.
    that's seems to be the main issue its a risk! BUT because it's a foreign device, VOLTE, WIFI calling and IMS are NOT guaranteed to work!!!
    10-23-17 09:39 AM
    basically exactly what dan says. im in the us. I love having a tmobile and att sim. there are a few bugs here and there. the mms issue might be accurate. also sometimes I have to switch the data sims back and worth to regain data (occasionally).

im not sure if id swap mine for a non dual-sim. its a toss up. I think I value the dualsim more than wifi calling and volte. I just wish they could make that work since its totallt possible hardware wise.
    Thanks for taking time to pen a comprehensive response. Much appreciated.

I do have a question about WiFi calling. Is Skype, wechat, whatsapp voice calls considered wifi calling? I'm hoping not!

May I ask how you imported your device? Where/who did you buy it from?

So if I travel, I select one Sim card for data right? Then both phones will take call and texts? Are we able to further specify how a Sim is used? For example if I go to Asia I can get a local Sim for data, calls and texts but can I tell the phone to monitor and use my Canadian Sim for calls only and not text?

Thanks,
    10-23-17 09:39 AM

Thanks for your reply too!!
    10-23-17 09:40 AM
    that's seems to be the main issue its a risk! BUT because it's a foreign device, VOLTE, WIFI calling and IMS are NOT guaranteed to work!!!
    Sorry not as tech savy as all enough to use all the features....

What is VOLTE, WIFI calling and IMS?

I'm guessing wifi calling is you cell phone service allowing you to call using wifi only right? Hoping it's not voice calls on Skype, wechat or whatsapp?
    10-23-17 09:43 AM
    Thanks for taking time to pen a comprehensive response. Much appreciated.

I do have a question about WiFi calling. Is Skype, wechat, whatsapp voice calls considered wifi calling? I'm hoping not!

May I ask how you imported your device? Where/who did you buy it from?

So if I travel, I select one Sim card for data right? Then both phones will take call and texts? Are we able to further specify how a Sim is used? For example if I go to Asia I can get a local Sim for data, calls and texts but can I tell the phone to monitor and use my Canadian Sim for calls only and not text?

Thanks,
    Yes you can program the sim cards to accept calls and texts for both or just one sim card. As you probably well know data is only available on one sim card.

I like the bbb100-7. Bought it because I do not have good signal at one of my family's homes on AT&T and absent wifi calling on any keyone operating on AT&T, it became necessity. I would really like to get this device whitelisted for Verizon to use exclusively on VoLTE only.
    Last edited by M-M-M; 10-23-17 at 10:40 AM.
    10-23-17 09:56 AM