I currently use an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil to take notes in hand writing. And for some purposes, say at a conference for a few days I’ll probably stick with that. But I have a Q10 and Passport that aren’t active on a phone network but the WiFi works fine and I almost never go more than a day or two without WiFi.

So I’m wondering if there are an app or combination of apps that would be good for note taking during lectures or recording lectures or both. When I take notes a big part of it is writing down articles to read or points that make me think of something from the lecture. I’m a scientist so it isn’t like I’m a student trying to write a lot of notes for a test or something. It’s usually a handful of take away points that are interesting or relevant to my work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    10-21-17 06:00 PM
    Remember is pretty good for notes. If you want something with cloud storage you can try Evernote (I'm not sure if the native app or Remember integrated versions work anymore but they have an app on Amazon) or OneNote (also on Amazon).
    10-21-17 08:32 PM
    Remember is pretty good for notes. If you want something with cloud storage you can try Evernote (I'm not sure if the native app or Remember integrated versions work anymore but they have an app on Amazon) or OneNote (also on Amazon).
    Thanks. I had considered Evernote, I hadn’t thought of OneNote. We have a OneNote account where I work so I downloaded that app to both my Q10 and Passport so I can try both Evernote and OneNote. I seem to remember that with the Remember app it wasn’t straightforward to access the content except from the BlackBerry which wouldn’t work well for me. But the other two options might. Thanks again.
    10-22-17 05:52 PM
    Thanks. I had considered Evernote, I hadn’t thought of OneNote. We have a OneNote account where I work so I downloaded that app to both my Q10 and Passport so I can try both Evernote and OneNote. I seem to remember that with the Remember app it wasn’t straightforward to access the content except from the BlackBerry which wouldn’t work well for me. But the other two options might. Thanks again.
    Noted is pretty excellent it is a native app and it has backup. Evernote will still connect to the remember app thats pretty great too, but Documents to Go or even just the Hub connected to a "Notes" email folder has the best formatting.
    hamitako likes this.
    10-22-17 05:57 PM
    Remember is a good app but I realize it's not the most fun app to use but since you're a scientist I doubt that part matters. It does everything the apps at the bottom do. With that said I do highly recommend these three apps.

My favorite note taking apps are:
    •Parrot Pro for voice notes
    •Secure Notes by FileArchiveHaven
    •Dayly for saving photos securely

*all apps can be password protected, hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-17 06:20 PM
    I currently use an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil to take notes in hand writing. And for some purposes, say at a conference for a few days I’ll probably stick with that. But I have a Q10 and Passport that aren’t active on a phone network but the WiFi works fine and I almost never go more than a day or two without WiFi.

So I’m wondering if there are an app or combination of apps that would be good for note taking during lectures or recording lectures or both. When I take notes a big part of it is writing down articles to read or points that make me think of something from the lecture. I’m a scientist so it isn’t like I’m a student trying to write a lot of notes for a test or something. It’s usually a handful of take away points that are interesting or relevant to my work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I use Simplenote. It's an Android app, but isn't hard on battery life. It syncs to Simplenote's own cloud service. There are apps for multiple platforms, including Linux, Windows, OSX and iOS, so you can install it on your computer or tablet too, and have instant access to all your notes.

It is a very basic program (think text editor), so it may or may not do what you need it to do.
    10-22-17 07:42 PM
    Parrot Pro is great and gets another vote from me for recording voice notes / lectures.

As for simple note-taking, there are many options out there. It really depends on what you want exactly but I'm fairly certain that you would find something that suits your needs on a BB10 device for that.
    10-22-17 07:46 PM
    Assuming it still works, you can link Remember to Evernote (Settings -> Accounts -> Add Account -> Evernote) which lets you work within Remember and sync your notes across devices (only the Evernote specific ones though). There was also a way to sync Remember with Exchange IIRC.
    10-22-17 08:55 PM
    It is possible to mail notes into onenote. You can just use the great mail cliënt in BB10 and send it directly into onenote to be able to view and edit it later on one of your other devices. Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-17 08:32 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm definitely going to try both Evernote and OneNote. I have both working on both my Q10 and Passport I think. Have a seminar this afternoon I'm going to try it with.

On an unrelated question, are Passports carrier locked and multi-band? Can you just replace the SIM. Possibly interested in an ATT to Verizon switch. Thanks.
    10-24-17 10:31 AM
    I don't think the Passport will work on Verizon unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 11:03 AM
    So I did this at a few seminars this week using OneNote. OneNote is a little less intuitive to me than Apple shared docs but I finally sort of figured it out. So now I have notes taken on the Passport and I can see them on all my various desktop, iPad etc. so far I’m liking it so much I ordered a case for the Passport. I almost always have access to WiFi so it’s working well. I might even try in when traveling. The WiFi isn’t as saturating then but it isn’t that far away and assuming I can create OneNote docs offline and sync them later (I have to test that) it should be fine. If it won’t I’m almost certain Evernote will work offline and sync later so I can switch to that. I may even try a stylus in OneNote or another app. I’m a bit concerned about screen size for cursive writing but will give it a try. Thanks again for the tips.
    10-28-17 12:00 PM
    Excellent. I made a note in OneNote on my Passport while the WiFi was off. Then closed OneNote and turned on the WiFi and opened OneNote. When I checked the OneNote on my iPad the new note was there. Nice. I’ll try writing with a cursor next. This is fun!
    10-28-17 08:20 PM
    I tried using cursive writing in OneNote with a stylus on the Passport and it worked okay. The writing wasn't nearly as easy as on the iPad Pro but I sort of got the hang of it enough to make it useable. I'm still learning but still enjoying my little notetaker.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-17 02:30 PM
    Not sure if it's just me but my Remember app hasn't been syncing with Evernote recently
    03-02-18 12:09 AM
    OH maybe I need to re-authorize.
    03-02-18 12:10 AM