Recently I wiped my phone and thought I'd see how long I could go using just the browser, BBW and Amazon App Store. Turns out not that long ! The eBay app from Amazon crashes when opening the cars category (weird, it does everything else perfectly).

So, today I put Conite's Play Store apk's back on the phone. There is no problem with the Play Store, I can install apps fine.

The problem is that I can't install eBay from Google Play, I'm guessing because I had it before from Amazon App Store and it isn't properly deleted from my phone. It downloads but just never opens the install page.

So far, I have tried reinstalling the Amazon version and deleting it (long press then X) and reinstalling the Amazon version and uninstalling through Ghost Commander.

Any idea how I persuade this new apk to install or the old one to uninstall?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 12:06 PM
    Conite's Play Store......

If I were you, I just wipe the phone again.... and NEVER use the Amazon stuff so it doesn't get activated. Cobalt's Google Play is all you should need other than a few utilities from BlackBerry World.
    10-20-17 01:03 PM
    Conite's Play Store......

If I were you, I just wipe the phone again.... and NEVER use the Amazon stuff so it doesn't get activated. Cobalt's Google Play is all you should need other than a few utilities from BlackBerry World.
    Very true. I wish I'd just stuck with Conite's store! I will wait and see if anyone else comes up with suggestions, if not, you're right I'll just have to wipe it again.

Takes quite a bit of time to get everything just as you want it though I find.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 01:11 PM
    Last ditch try before you wipe. See if SD Maid on the Playstore/ApkMirror will run and detect abandoned files from removed Android apps.
    10-20-17 02:20 PM
    This is very weird. I've put an autoloader on it and installed loads of apps from Google Play and BBW but eBay will not install from Google Play.

I tried SDMaid but it says it doesn't have correct root access.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 06:49 PM
    I feel a bit silly! The version in eBay in Google Play isn't for our old Android run time. I thought Google Play could detect the runtime and only offered apps that were compatible. Maybe I just dreamed it!?

Anyway, version 5.0.0.34 from May 16 was the last version compatible for runtime 4.2 according to this:
    https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/92438/

Hope this is helpful to someone on here. It's taken me hours and a wiped phone to work this out! D'oh!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 07:32 PM
    Play Store always downloads the version that fits you OS version and your chip architecture. There are no exceptions.
    10-21-17 10:38 AM
    Sorry to be a pain but would you mind trying to install the eBay app from the Google Play store yourself?

I revisited this problem today as I had a message from eBay warning that I was using an old app and suggesting that it would stop working in 2018.

I could not download from Google Play store (round and round: click install, asking for permissions acceptance, downloading file, ...).

The only one I can install is from the APK pure link in my earlier post.

I agree with your statement about the Play Store only letting you download the correct APK to go with your OS, chipset, etc. I just wonder if the information about eBay is somehow wrong?!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 04:37 PM